Freedom Dining Selection

MikeMA

Hi all,

I have never cruised on a Freedom class ship so I could use some help pertaining to dining.

Ok so we are sailing with family for a total of 7. It could become larger but that is up in the air. We didn't book at the same time. My travel agent booked us for Main Dinner seating and other family members booked my time. I realize we can link our reservations and be puit together as the cruise is still a year away.

My question is besides the freedom to be able to eat at the time of your choice is there any advantage to my time dining on the Freedom? I know on the Quantum class ships etc you get to try the different restaurants. But the Freedom looks as if most dining options outside the MDR(and Windjammer) are all fee restaurants. Since we will have children with us we will most likely not be going to the specialty restaurants.

If the only advantage is flexibility, I will probably stay traditional as I always enjoy the better interaction with the dining room team. Thoughts?

As always thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I have never cruised on a Freedom class ship so I could use some help pertaining to dining.

Ok so we are sailing with family for a total of 7. It could become larger but that is up in the air. We didn't book at the same time. My travel agent booked us for Main Dinner seating and other family members booked my time. I realize we can link our reservations and be puit together as the cruise is still a year away.

My question is besides the freedom to be able to eat at the time of your choice is there any advantage to my time dining on the Freedom? I know on the Quantum class ships etc you get to try the different restaurants. But the Freedom looks as if most dining options outside the MDR(and Windjammer) are all fee restaurants. Since we will have children with us we will most likely not be going to the specialty restaurants.

If the only advantage is flexibility, I will probably stay traditional as I always enjoy the better interaction with the dining room team. Thoughts?

If you have kids, I suggest main dining.

Better time, better structure.

:)

Hi all,

Note also that if you want your group to be able to dine together, you have to have the same dining selection. In other words, the folks on traditional dining will not be able to be at the same table as the folks on My Time.

That's true...and if you have a large group, a "fixed" time really helps avoid confusion...("I thought we were eating at 6...but Joe said we were supposed to be there at 8...") One of the traditional times means you have your table waiting on your group...same time nightly!

Of course, if you don't want to have dinner nightly with your group, stick with what you have, let them do their thing...and you'll see them at other times!!!

Hi all,

Not really, no. As far as I can see it, that's the only advantage to MTD on anyRoyal Caribbean ship. With regards to your question about dining venues, here are the other dining venues on Freedom broken out by complementary versus specialty and what meals they serve:

Complementary

Cafe Promenade (Sandwiches and pastries)

Main Dining Room (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Table Service)

Sorrento's (Pizza)

Windjammer (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, Buffet)

Specialty

Ben & Jerry's (Ice Cream a'la carte)

Chef's Table (Dinner, Reservations Required)

Chops Grille (Dinner, Steakhouse)

Cupcake Cupboard (Cupcakes a'la carte)

Giovanni's Table (Lunch and Dinner, Italian)

Johnny Rocket's (Lunch and Dinner, Burgers)

Sabor (Lunch and Dinner, Mexican)

And from what I've read. Here, the MTD is not exactly "anytime you want."

Especially for large groups they will pressure you to come at one of the traditional times, or they will tell you be prepared to wait.

do yourselves a favor and reserve second seating traditional. If you want flexibility you can always book pay restaurants.

Thanks all. I wasn't sure if this was more a freestyle type ship but it appears not. Traditional dining seems to be the better fit. I will have my TA link everyone.

ALl RCI shipos - including Freedom - offer My Time Dining which allows you to eat at times of your choosing. But as others have indicated with your situation traditional dining may be the better fit.