Leaving Stuff Poolside

lkloza

I found it one day by accident on something else I was looking at... They are Kyss Bags use that name plus .com and you'll find the page for it. I have one for this upcoming cruise in April and although mine might be a little large for the pool deck (bought for the beaches for 3 of us), it still will work and they have smaller sizes also :-) They run about $45.00

I love my Kyss bag, but word of warning, do NOT let the lock get under the sand, next to sand, etc. I almost couldn't open mine on my last cruise because it had become partially buried in the sand, and the lock jammed. It took quite a bit of doing before I could get the cams to turn so I could open it up. I'm glad I wasn't running late, or it would still be attached to a beach chair in Aruba :o

No..no...I am talking about actual PURSES. Not beach totes, not dry bags, real purses. Since I am assuming

you don't carry one....perhaps you are unsure what a real purse looks like? ;)

I don't even take my normal purse on the ship at all. Most of my stuff goes in the carry on and I take a very small purse that I can easily bring out set sail pass, passports, cash. That is what I take ashore as a "cross body bag" about the size of one of those "belly bags".

On deck just walking around in regular clothes (not beach attire with "stuff" for the pool) but just regular clothes, is where I find it odd that the ladies are carrying their purse like they are shopping at the mall. But then again, to each their own. My mother always toted her big purse around every where she went.

I was agreeing with you, THEN I was adding my own info. Sorry, it was awkwardly written.

I will be on the liberty next March, and I was wondering how safe it is to leave your belongings at the lounge chairs while you swim, etc. I like to take stuff with me (phone, headphones, mini speaker, SeaPass card, cover up) all in a backpack/ bag of course.

I guess my main concern would be while getting on the waterslides because my things won't be in eye's view. I don't want to get off to realize that my backpack is gone.

My seapass card is in my swim suit pocket. Cheap flip flops at the chair. Honestly, I don't know why you need a phone, headphones, speakers etc, when music is playing already. Your Iphone cost $700.00 to replace, so it's up to you, but mine will be safely in the stateroom.

I love my Kyss bag, but word of warning, do NOT let the lock get under the sand, next to sand, etc. I almost couldn't open mine on my last cruise because it had become partially buried in the sand, and the lock jammed. It took quite a bit of doing before I could get the cams to turn so I could open it up. I'm glad I wasn't running late, or it would still be attached to a beach chair in Aruba :o

Ok, great! Thanks for the advice!! LOL I lOVED Aruba! Beautiful island! :-)

I will admit that I used to really let my guard down and not worry much about stuff being taken on a ship. I don't know why a ship would make me so trusting as I am not like that in the real world. However, several years ago my mother left some stuff on a chair while on Labadee and it was all taken. Since then I've been much more careful. I won't even leave my sunglasses on a chair any more and certainly not my I-pod.

I will admit that I used to really let my guard down and not worry much about stuff being taken on a ship. I don't know why a ship would make me so trusting as I am not like that in the real world. However, several years ago my mother left some stuff on a chair while on Labadee and it was all taken. Since then I've been much more careful. I won't even leave my sunglasses on a chair any more and certainly not my I-pod.

I'm like you, however, I would put Labadee in a slightly different category than on the ship. We did leave a ton of goodies in the cabana, though :eek:

That's my thought as well. The way I see it, if I'm going swimming and/or lounging for tanning purposes, how much crap do you need? Is your stateroom so far away that you aren't able to store your mobile storage facility while you're lounging? Surely ye jest.

I always think it is comical to watch some ladies walking around on the decks with their big

over sized purses. ;)

I don't hang out at the pool, but if I did and had anything I wanted to keep safe, I'd do as others mentioned as use a tethered bag. I have this one:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pacsafe&biw=1280&bih=674&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjeusugy5DLAhWKQiYKHSRqBdUQ_AUICCgD#tbm=isch&q=pacsafe+travelsafe

It's the travel safe by PacSafe. I use it in hotels, at beaches, on my golf cart on land-trips to Abaco, etc. It's not pretty, but it's really tough - several built-in security features.:)

Edited by ShakyBeef

It's not called a mom bag for nothing

LOL!! Since Mom got such a kick out of carrying around her big ole purse in the nursing home, I would buy her various cheap big purses (and pink...she loved pink) for birthday presents. (She lost them quite often). All she had in them were piles of junk, even old used plastic utensils. :eek: What ever made her happy. ;)

LOL!! Since Mom got such a kick out of carrying around her big ole purse in the nursing home, I would buy her various cheap big purses (and pink...she loved pink) for birthday presents. (She lost them quite often). All she had in them were piles of junk, even old used plastic utensils. :eek: What ever made her happy. ;)

Everything gets "lost" in a nursing home. ;)

Hmmm, I must be one of those ladies then.:p

Let's see, my DH usually asks me to hold his seapass. We need our sunscreens, I need my sun hat, sunglasses, book or ereader, the ship's daily, water bottle, my phone or camera (or both), hairbrush and lipstick.

Maybe I should tell DH to hold his own seapass, then I wouldn't need one of those comical big oversized purses. :D

And once again, I would not call that a "purse". Wouldn't that be a beach tote? I am not sure if Micheal Kors, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, etc. makes beach totes? :p :p

Edited by island lady

I don't hang out at the pool, but if I did and had anything I wanted to keep safe, I'd do as others mentioned as use a tethered bag. I have this one:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pacsafe&biw=1280&bih=674&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjeusugy5DLAhWKQiYKHSRqBdUQ_AUICCgD#tbm=isch&q=pacsafe+travelsafe

It's the travel safe by PacSafe. I use it in hotels, at beaches, on my golf cart on land-trips to Abaco, etc. It's not pretty, but it's really tough - several built-in security features.:)

Those look great. We use a "vacation vault"...same idea but hard-sided https://www.google.com/search?q=pacsafe&biw=1280&bih=674&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjeusugy5DLAhWKQiYKHSRqBdUQ_AUICCgD#tbm=isch&q=vacation+vault

Everything gets "lost" in a nursing home. ;)

And even, worse...my mother was one that liked to "borrow" stuffed animals, greeting cards, even shoes (only one a time) from other residents. Would find them stuffed under her bed, and of course...stuffed into her "big ole purse". :eek:

I guess I've been on different cruises than many of you, as I see

lots of people leaving items on their chairs, or nearby while they

are away for short periods of time. When I dunk in the pool, go to

the bar, or to the bathroom I leave my kindle (not in sight) and

seapass card (never camera or ipad) on chair or under. Seapass

card can be replaced and old one stopped with a quick trip to

purser's office. Of course, if I go for a drink, I'll have the seapass

card with me. Never had any trouble, so will continue to be

trusting and do so.

I guess I've been on different cruises than many of you, as I see

lots of people leaving items on their chairs, or nearby while they

are away for short periods of time. When I dunk in the pool, go to

the bar, or to the bathroom I leave my kindle (not in sight) and

seapass card (never camera or ipad) on chair or under. Seapass

card can be replaced and old one stopped with a quick trip to

purser's office. Of course, if I go for a drink, I'll have the seapass

card with me. Never had any trouble, so will continue to be

trusting and do so.

Same here, seapass card and kindle plus some sunscreen go with me to the pool area in a small "backpack bag" that I got at some bike rally a while back and I don't really stress about it. I doubt anyone wants to read the stuff I have on my kindle and it's fairly old, so has little value anyway. I typically get a chair on the deck above the pools, as it is usually less crowded. I will go to the pool, hot tub, go get a drink or something to eat and just leave my towel and the bag on the chair. No issues yet, and I realize it's "my fault" if something does go missing. Frankly other folks leave far more attractive items on chairs and I have found that people keep an eye on each others stuff for the most part.