New To SilverSea

ShotsnCruises

We take our own toothpaste, floss, mouthwash. Personal preference.

And the shampoo, conditioner, and lotion are bolted to the wall :D

The Butler will bring an assortment of Brands.

I can not remember what brands that had but someone that cruises more on Silver Seas will tell you.

Like I said you will be shocked the difference from main stream.

Try to take advantage of what the ship offers. We love having dinner at hot rock under the stars

Steve and Linda

We also love the little ships. We left SS years ago for SB Little Sisters,still miss them.The size and itinerary of the Wind is why we chose her.We are concerned about all the negativity on CC .Air conditioning is very important and that issue was brought up a few times.

We will be looking forward to some real comments after upcoming trips from our friends here on CC.

Okay, so another random question I thought of while reading through the booking information...

What toiletries are included? Do I still need toothpaste, floss, mouthwash? I know to expect shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, but what else is included?

In 2015 and three prior SS cruise I was offered Bulgari shampoo and conditioner and shower gel, or Neutrogena, or one more nice brand I forgot, and nice soap, and they were NOT bolted to the walls. I do not remember any floss, paste, or mouthwash offerings. There was also the usual kleenex, cotton balls, shoe rags ( BTW the butler will shine or clean your shoes), makeup squares.

There was also a "pillow menu" of about ten pillow types you could pick from, as many of each as you need. Bedding choices were also adjustable, and if the mattress is too hard, see if they can flip it to a softer side, or get you a topper.

Use your butler to ask key questions, he is there to help, can help with specialty restaurant reservations, and can bring canapes and room service to have ready when you return from excursions. You can also customize the contents of your fridge.

I liked SS and the small ship atmosphere, but I liked SB and Europa2 food and overall service better so right now I am not booked on another SS cruise but would not rule it out with the right itinerary.

you will need to bring your own toothpaste, toothbrush, mouthwash and floss.

i have never seen those items offered, but you will be able to purchase them in the boutique along with lots of other items like diamonds, or have your butler retrieve them for you.

Bulgari green tea, neutrogena and i think ferragamo are the choices in toiletry items. None of them are bolted to any wall on any silversea vessel. They are replenished by your butler or suite attendant as you need them (shampoo, body wash, hand soap, body soap, conditioner and body lotion are provided).

robes and slippers are also provided, and the usual sewing kit and shower cap. Qtips and cotton balls are in the bathroom, as is kleenex.

a magnifying make up mirror is on the dressing vanity area.

as was mentioned there is a pillow menu, one may choose a pillow to ones preference, or several.

enjoy your cruise.

Edited by spinnaker2

In 2015 and three prior SS cruise I was offered Bulgari shampoo and conditioner and shower gel, or Neutrogena, or one more nice brand I forgot, and nice soap, and they were NOT bolted to the walls. I do not remember any floss, paste, or mouthwash offerings. There was also the usual kleenex, cotton balls, shoe rags ( BTW the butler will shine or clean your shoes), makeup squares.

There was also a "pillow menu" of about ten pillow types you could pick from, as many of each as you need. Bedding choices were also adjustable, and if the mattress is too hard, see if they can flip it to a softer side, or get you a topper.

Use your butler to ask key questions, he is there to help, can help with specialty restaurant reservations, and can bring canapes and room service to have ready when you return from excursions. You can also customize the contents of your fridge.

I liked SS and the small ship atmosphere, but I liked SB and Europa2 food and overall service better so right now I am not booked on another SS cruise but would not rule it out with the right itinerary.

That was a joke bolted to wall as most of the main stream lines do that now. Saves them big money not having to give those in small bottles.

We where on Celebrity two years ago and it was little bottles. Now it is bulk . But what they are charging for the cruises they have to cut corners.

We paid 900.00 or so two years ago 10 days last year we paid 799.00 with liquor package free same 10 days . The food was poor. When they cut prices they take it out of the food costs.

We used to sail them when Chandris owned it was great .We having a hard time sailing mass market

• 3 weeks later...

On the Wind as I type. I'll do a full.....well at least semi-full review later.....but all is good on the Wind. AC has not been an issue and we've had some warm to hot days on the cruise. Two more days to go and getting that "please let me stay" feeling.

On the Wind as I type. I'll do a full.....well at least semi-full review later.....but all is good on the Wind. AC has not been an issue and we've had some warm to hot days on the cruise. Two more days to go and getting that "please let me stay" feeling.

Don't worry, Randy, my wife and I will be taking your place for the

FLL to BCN crossing.

Don't worry, Randy, my wife and I will be taking your place for the

FLL to BCN crossing.

Gee thanks. :) Toured the bridge this morning and the captain said they were expecting 180 passengers for the crossing. I'm sure there are more but so far have only met one British couple staying on.