Concierge Breakfast

Bogie Man

Haven't been on Celebrity in a number of years. Is Celebrity still offering an expanded room service breakfast menu if you're booked in a Concierge class room? Last time we sailed we had a good choice of hot breakfast items for room service, but we had a Concierge room.

I know Celebrity has made some changes over the last few years, and wondering if this perk still exists??

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have a RECENT scan of the menu/hanging card?

I have looked here on CC and googled it ten ways to sunday and find stuff 5 yrs old and more....but none recent (2015/2016)

To be perfectly honest, you can write in what you want on any of the menus, as long as it's not something completely unreasonable. If you'd like a ham and cheese omelet and a bowl of berries, just write it in.

I don't think there's any problem with this and we used to do that very thing when we had "regular" balcony cabins.

To be perfectly honest, you can write in what you want on any of the menus, as long as it's not something completely unreasonable. If you'd like a ham and cheese omelet and a bowl of berries, just write it in.

I don't think there's any problem with this and we used to do that very thing when we had "regular" balcony cabins.

So if I wanted lox, bagel and cream cheese with capers and onions that could be accommodated?

So if I wanted lox, bagel and cream cheese with capers and onions that could be accommodated?

As you can these items everyday in the Ocean view buffet I would see no issue. I am referring to a recent cruise on the Solstice as my reference

Be careful what you ask for.

Mr Joseph S Schmoe (representing the Schmoes of Tallahassee) once asked for smoked salmon and peppers. Room service promptly delivered two omelets..one with smoked salmon and one with peppers.

Also, while smoked salmon is on the menu, it is not what you would call lox. The salmon was smoked whole and then vivisected as needed. Lots of flakey flesh. Unusual experience.

Our cruise had a heavily European demographic..those Germans eat meat 24/7. We're talking blood sausage and roast beef at 7am

Good luck

I would think so. Order a bagel, order cream cheese, order capers and onions (specify what type onions) and lox - specify that too.

You do need to be careful how you word things, and how clear your handwriting is. As you know, many of the staff don't have English as a first language and it will be good to be specific and neat. Not a judgment call but advice based on experience.

"Two eggs" might get you a serving of two eggs on one plate. Or it could get you two plates of eggs.

Thank you. I just received a free upgrade today to concierge class and I'm a first time cruiser. I'm primarily vegetarian so it's helpful to see choices ahead of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Congrats! You are having a great week! First a bottle of Veuve Clicquot and now an upgrade to Concierge! :)

Thank you. I just received a free upgrade today to concierge class and I'm a first time cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Proving the theory: you're best experimenting with other lines as being a 'newbie', you're more likely to get an upgrade ;). Enjoy :).

One difference between Concierge & regular room service breakfasts that I haven't seen noted: the eggs on regular room service are not fresh eggs ( liquid?). I found them inedible ( DH had no problem with them however). Since I had sailed concierge on S-class before and loved the eggs, I just assumed a change in process since my prior cruise. I didn't know there was an upgraded concierge breakfast menu! I have since read on other postings that this upgraded room service breakfast menu uses fresh eggs. If you enjoy breakfast on your balcony and enjoy fresh eggs then that alone may be a reason to go Concierge! Small pleasures make a great cruise! [emoji6]

Do you think Eggs Benedict would an ok order to hand write on the card...... Or is that pushing it?

I believe poached eggs, ham and english muffin are all on the menu. The only missing component is the hollandaise. So I doubt they would have a problem with it. And if you don't care about the hollandaise, just check the boxes for the other items and build your own :)

Do you think Eggs Benedict would an ok order to hand write on the card...... Or is that pushing it?

My wife ALWAYS orders room service Eggs Benedict when we cruise in Concierge. One-two-three, however many you want.........never a problem.

Edited by El Crucero