Art classes on Reflection East Carribean

Cynm

Hello all, we are taking thr celebrity reflection from Miami on 4/2/16. Has anyone taken the art classes on this ship? Is there a change for each? What types of art do they work on? Thanks, counting Down the days

:)

There was a watercolor class last year on the Equinox Caribbean route on sea days. No charge and supplies were free. My husband really enjoyed the instructor--she got a free cabin and the cruise as her "payment." It was the fourth or fifth time she had done it. We have a TA this fall on the Equinox and he is hoping there will be something similar for sea days.

Hello all, we are taking thr celebrity reflection from Miami on 4/2/16. Has anyone taken the art classes on this ship? Is there a change for each? What types of art do they work on? Thanks, counting Down the days

I wanted to take an art class, but it never really fit into my schedule, especially because it required per-registration. I did stop by the Art Studio once, but it was closed and no one was there to explain anything. Here is an example of how the art classes were listed in the daily guide:

--------------------

"3:00pm Art Studio**: Watercolor Postcards (Registration required. Limited spaces. Age 14+)................. Art Studio 15

**Indicates a fee is applicable for this activity.

--------------------

Some examples of classes offered: Open House - Meet the Artist, Impressionist Painting, Memory Wire Bracelet, Charm Earrings, Paint a Tote, Watercolor Postcards

Don't see you on our Roll Call, try over there to get any details.

J.

I recall the prices being in the $20 range for those classes on Reflection a couple of weeks ago (the one SerraG was on). Some of the sessions were full so I'd suggest signing up when you get onboard if you're anxious to do it.

I have done watercolor art classes on the Eclipse which were free with excellent teachers, as well as Millennium and Silhouette. All different styles but great fun This year on the Silhouette the charge was $20 per class in the artist studio which had previously housed the display for the glass blowers. We did Sumi Ink, acrylic impressionist style, print making , oil pastels and watercolor. Looking forward to Eclipse TA in April with many sea days to paint.

My lady is a long time Watercolorist, and still goes to the water color classes that are offered. She takes her own watercolor supplies on board(traveling) and paints for fun. She uses her own paper.

Having said that, some classes are good and provide "fairly good paper" along with some reasonable paints, which is the key to having some success. On other trips the paper the teacher used was only one step above printer paper NOT GOOD. Biggest issue is the class size, which is usually larger than they can handle from a setting position. However everyone seems to love the classes.

She has entertained doing the classes on board herself.

On our last TA a world class watercolorist we know wan also in the classes.

My wife did the art classes on two cruises. Don't know if they still do the classes. The classes and supplies were free. The group had a good time.

I was on the Reflection in December. The Art Room is open the first day prior to sailing. I would suggest stopping by then for details and signing up for classes. The room was only open when the class begins, so if you stopped in, the artist wouldn't acknowledge you until class time. Many people left messages between classes but the people I heard speaking with the artist, never had their calls returned. The number of spots for the class are limited, maybe 10ish per class. There was a free bracelet class and the other classes were $20. The room was small and the classes seemed to be about an hour.

On our TA in 2014 on Equinox, I attended a watercolor class every sea day at 9 a.m. It was free, and the paints and brushes were really great. The paper wasn't awesome but it was ok. The class was held up in the Sky Lounge and there were maybe 25 or 30 of us. Even the teacher was surprised at how nice the supplies were. A group of 5 of us shared a table and got to know each other for the class, and I think there were 9 sessions, every sea day.

It was so much fun. Two of the ladies at my table were accomplished artists and made it a regular habit to bring their own painting supplies when they traveled. I loved to watch them. I was the one who was good for "what not to do."

If you ever have a chance to do an art class, I would recommend it. If for no other reason than to meet some great people.

I was on the Reflection in December. The Art Room is open the first day prior to sailing. I would suggest stopping by then for details and signing up for classes. The room was only open when the class begins, so if you stopped in, the artist wouldn't acknowledge you until class time. Many people left messages between classes but the people I heard speaking with the artist, never had their calls returned. The number of spots for the class are limited, maybe 10ish per class. There was a free bracelet class and the other classes were $20. The room was small and the classes seemed to be about an hour.

We called the Art Studio when we saw a free postcard painting class listed in the daily and we did get a all back. The class was full, but we were offered a spot in the Friday morning class or a place on the waiting list for Thursday. We chose the Friday class.

Hi all,

It has been several years since I have travelled with Celebrity; but with our next trip planned (and having lots of sea days), I wondering if Celebrity does any classes with acrylic paints as opposed to water colours. I have never ventured into water colours, but paint frequently with acrylic.

Thanks all :)