Enhanced Cheers! program...

blondestickchick

Now just remove the "everyone in the cabin over 21 must purchase" policy and this will be the PERFECT drink package!

I agree totally. My wife doesn't drink. For me to get the package she would also have to even though she doesn't drink. Crazy. No way I can justify buying 2 with only 1 drinking.

I think they're trying to exclude super expensive wine and champagne. I could be wrong, $15 seems right.

I think Carnival is trying to compete with other cruise lines that include water and coffee, and especially the ones that offer their drink packages for free as a booking promotion (and Norwegian that includes drinks in the cruise fare at very competitive rates).

The FAQ says this will be available for purchase after March 1 for sailings departing March 2 and on. What if I've already purchased it for my May cruise?

I can't imagine they would keep those of us who purchased it already separate from those who haven't, especially since it is the same price.

If they did a cheaper 10 a day. Maybe. With 4 Port days not worth it. With 3 Port days not worth it. Only if they go to 1 purchaser per cabin (like most of the other cruise lines) not the mandatory 2.

Under the old program your break even point was 6 to 7 alcoholic drinks a day. Now with the $50.00 per serving limit rather than the old $10.00 per serving, you can make your break even point anywhere you want it to be. It could be one drink a day for break even but you can still have up to 15 drinks.. Why the heck would you even bring up a package for 10 drinks a day? And why would someone complain about all the adults having to pay for it. You can now drink (or share) 15 top shelf drinks a day for cut rate prices.

So what "serving" can you buy that costs $49?

Right now none, but on the vista, they are going to have a specialty bar that serves some high end scotch and whiskeys that may be in the 30 to 40 dollar range. Other cruise lines already do this on some of their ships and carnival is moving toward them with some of these high end items on the vista. Hopefully they will roll it out to all their ships and offer some of these in the future.

Under the old program your break even point was 6 to 7 alcoholic drinks a day. Now with the $50.00 per serving limit rather than the old $10.00 per serving, you can make your break even point anywhere you want it to be. It could be one drink a day for break even...

This begs the question, how many drink options ARE there that would be in the $30 - $50 range on the ship? Maybe a couple different glasses of more expensive wine? IIRC, a lot of the "higher-end" stuff was only purchasable by the bottle.

The FAQ says this will be available for purchase after March 1 for sailings departing March 2 and on. What if I've already purchased it for my May cruise?

I can't imagine they would keep those of us who purchased it already separate from those who haven't, especially since it is the same price.

If you pre-purchased CHEERS! it will roll into Enhanced CHEERS! after March 1st, no extra cost, just the added benefits.. No need to do anything on your part..

This begs the question, how many drink options ARE there that would be in the $30 - $50 range on the ship? Maybe a couple different glasses of more expensive wine? IIRC, a lot of the "higher-end" stuff was only purchasable by the bottle.

Johnny Walker blue (or whatever color is the most expensive)?

I'm still at a loss as to why floaters are excluded. They've always been under the price point, and even more so now. There have only been a few wines that exceeded the $10 restriction per glass; I doubt they will be adding any now, lol!

We may go ahead and get it again with the additional non-alcoholic options included for convenience sake. I hope that they've finally worked out the kinks and you can get a single shot in a doubles glass without having to argue about it with half of the bartenders.

We're sailing in a month on NCL and I'm sure that's why they changed the verbiage, but we all know that finding anything that exceeds a $15 per drink price will be nearly impossible, and that's what NCL is offering built into the price, at a significantly cheaper cost.

Right now none, but on the vista, they are going to have a specialty bar that serves some high end scotch and whiskeys that may be in the 30 to 40 dollar range. Other cruise lines already do this on some of their ships and carnival is moving toward them with some of these high end items on the vista. Hopefully they will roll it out to all their ships and offer some of these in the future.

Hmmm, I've never considered this package but now it might be at least worth giving a look (for me). Where did you get this information may I ask?

I can't remember the prices at the coffee bars. Does anyone have a menu or knows off hand the price range for the specialty coffees? I love the coffees both the hot and the iced coffees.

This is for the Sunshine and Vista. Not sure about the other ships.

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/JavaBlueCafeMenupdf.ashx

How much is the martini tasting and would that be included? Do they even have them anymore?

Looks like they do still have it and it's $17...wonder if it's included...15 of those and wow!

And DH and I are split up in 2 cabins with kids...but we won't share 1 package as that's stealing!

Edited by laumicmah

Do people end up "sharing" or trying to share this package, is that why they make it where both adults in the cabin have to purchase it?

I guess it would be hard to track someone "sharing" it, so to try to cut down on that they make all adults in same cabin purchase the package.