Funniest thing you have ever seen on a ship?

jennew

HI,

My sister-in-law was on the Celebrity Millenium this past spring. She told me about an incident with a woman who was looking over the railing near the pool and her skirt was blowing up behind her. The woman had nothing on under the skirt and she seemed unaware that her skirt was blowing almost straight up- revealing her behind to the entire deck!

What have you guys ever seen on a ship??

For me it has to be the gentleman at Formal night who must have (thought he) had Scottish ancestors. There he was in the full rig, kilt, jacket, shirt, bow tie sporran, belt; skean dhu, kilt socks and tartan bedroom slippers - and no before anyone is charitable he did not have a foot problem, we saw him in normal shoes on other days

For me it has to be the gentleman at Formal night who must have (thought he) had Scottish ancestors. There he was in the full rig, kilt, jacket, shirt, bow tie sporran, belt; skean dhu, kilt socks and tartan bedroom slippers - and no before anyone is charitable he did not have a foot problem, we saw him in normal shoes on other days

I think he was one the CB just a couple of weeks ago ~!

I think for me the funniest thing I've seen - is the man running around in the different brightly colored speedo everyday ~!

The funniest thing we've ever seen was a man on the last Formal night cutting his Lobster tail with a knife and fork..with the shell still intact. The waiter came over to take it out of the shell for him and he was already working on the shell..the waiter looked at us and just smiled and walked away.

While cruising up the Thames on Silversea, many people came out of their houses to wave at the ship. One gentleman came out on his porch wearing nothing but a smile and hoisting a Guinness.

Another time on Seabourn, a huge yacht came along side of the ship. Of course, this being Europe, a number of ladies on the yacht were topless. A man on our ship yelled, "Naked women on starboard". You should have seen the men run over to get a look. This prompted the captain to make an announcement over the loudspeaker "Please do not rush to one side of the ship at the same time, as this could cause us to capsize".

I don't know why this struck me as funny....but it always has.

We were on Volendam a few years ago (first mistake) and as I boarded an elevator an elderly gent stepped on smoking a cigarette...sensing my discomfort he proclaimed "this is the smoking elevator"...to which I replied "I don't think there's any such thing"...to which he stated "f**k you" and stepped off...I laughed so hard I thought I was going to stop breathing for good !! :D . And still I don't know why I seems funny.

A few years ago, on Mercury-Panama Canal...there was quite a large group of passengers from Germany...most of them were stout, hardy, full-figured (you get the picture) people. The women wore tiny, teeny bikinis, and the men speedos. That alone was something to get used to, but well into the second week, after most them had sunned themselves into charred pieces of leather, they reminded me of large cow-hides, with scarves placed in strategic places....

Karyn

Love it! I wish I had been there for that one. Wonder if he wore anything under his kilt?

While cruising up the Thames on Silversea, many people came out of their houses to wave at the ship. One gentleman came out on his porch wearing nothing but a smile and hoisting a Guinness.

Darcie, I have a friend whose balcony overlooks the Thames near the Millennium Dome and she often gets a view of the Silversea ship. I'll tell her to keep her clothes on!:eek:

Phil

Well a few years back after the horse auction - I pinched one of the other owners horses.

They were in the buffet area and left it.

Think about this - we were on the Summitt. Taken on deck 10 or so.

I took it to a few of the games that day and about 4pm left it at the top of the main stair case deck 4.

I was thinking of writing a ransom note. But.....

We were on Enchantment of the Seas. A Carnival ship was next to us. As we were leaving, someone on one of the sips mooned the other ship. Well, it got to where there were a "Bunch" of moons around each pool deck mooning the other. :)

On our first cruise on Zenith in '93, there were a large number of Europeans on board. While relaxing by the pool early evening while most people were getting ready for dinner my husband & I (and a few other passengers) observed a gentlemen wrap a towel around his midsection w/the open flap facing us, strip off his shorts and then put on his bathing suit. I'm sure he thought he was the soul of propriety, but it was all we could do to maintain our composure faced with what we could see.

Phil, this happened just past the Dome. How funny !!!!!! To make it even funnier, we were cruising this area with the ship pointed backwards. For some reason, the Captain turned the ship around and backed down the Thames to our dock near the Tower Bridge.

we had the same dear man onboard all dressed up for first formal night. He was quite charming with his wife of 37 years.

Some will no doubt consider this funny. Others (and you don't have to be a wine snob to appreciate this) will just shake their heads. Guess it depends on whether or not you really enjoy good wine.

On our Summit cruise last December, we were invited to the wine blending seminar in the alternative dining room. The idea was to take samples of six unblended wines and from those, for each of us to produce a decent Cabernet Sauvignon blend. As it happened, there quite a fair number of Celebrity Select and Elite members on this cruise who wished to attend, and they'd had to break up the event into two separate seatings just to accomodate everyone.

Seating for these sessions is entirely happenstance, and we found ourselves seated with a couple of snowbirds who had left their husbands behind.

As we were being treated by the head sommelier for our cruise to an explanation of the use of Cabernet Franc and Merlot in Cabernet blends, and as each of us were doing our best to come up with a pleasing result, one of the two ladies sitting with us commented within earshot of the head sommelier, "I don't get this blending business. Cabernet, schmabernet. I really don't like this. I'm just as happy with a glass of Manischewitz". You had to be there in order to appreciate the look on his face. It was the sort of grimace that might be associated with a bad toothache. In response, he said "An excellent choice, then, Madam. I am sure they are not using Cabernet Sauvignon in Manischewitz".

Archived