Lounge chair hogs.

All those comments and nobody referred to by their correct name: chogs.

Back when I used to enjoy lying in the sun by the pool, it absolutely did frustrate me to walk through all the loungers that were empty of anything but an obviously unused towel, no shoes or flip flops under them. It's extremely rude to save loungers for someone who may need them in a couple of hours, or theater seats for family members who might or might not come. I don't agree with making a scene, but I do believe in not having my rights ignored for someone else's selfish reasons.

Ive only been on one cruise and the chair saving wasnt a problem because i got up early, grabbed my chair, and spent 98% of the day on it (and vision had fewer people!). I got up to go to the bathroom, get drinks, participate in the dance parties, and one time left for 26 minutes to grab lunch (and brought it back to my chair). What kills me is when people have say 3 kids and proceed to save 3 chairs for them. When does anyone's kids or terms come back all at the same time and utilize the chair? I made mine sit on the end of mine lol!

I'm really worried about freedom but i will see in 3 weeks. I like the upper deck where i get sun but can see the movie screen and pool...is that possible on freedom? That will be the fun of day 1 after windjammer...finding where i want to be on that first sea day! Jane

Edited by mom2mybugs

Almost all of the so called chair hog problems are directly related to RCCL virtually refusing to enforce its own rules.

Thank you, you are 100% correct.

One would think Cruise Critic with a treasure trove of information for RCL (and other cruise lines), would be an invaluable source of information to RCL and other cruise lines who appear to prefer the "miss the boat approach" by sticking their collective cruise lines heads in a bucket of water. (make that a BIG bucket).

Edited by oldguysandgalls

I don't know why you people have so much trouble finding chairs.

Me & my wife always manage to find seats, usually next to the pool.

If you walk around a few times and ask you would be surprised what is available.

People are coming & going all day long..

Did not have a problem with chair hogs at all. Whenever we went for a swim we had our choice of all the chairs. None being used and none reserved. Had the whole area to ourselves.

There are advantages of having a midnight swim.

Sucks if you want to work on your tan! ;0)

Edited by davekathy

If you move my towel and other things, make sure you don't lose my Rolex wrapped in the towel. If you do, you'll replace it.

If you leave a Rolex unattended how would you know who lost or stole it?

I am guessing it's the new model of Virtual Rolex that you can wear on Virtual Cruises while you make Virtual Threats. :rolleyes:

Almost all of the so called chair hog problems are directly related to RCCL virtually refusing to enforce its own rules.

That AND they don't provide lockers for personal items. I am not a sun lounge hogger, I don't lay out in the sun, but I do use a chair for my personal items when in the pool or hot tub. If Royal provided lockers/cubbies for use I'd *never* need to use a lounge chair at all.

If you move my towel and other things, make sure you don't lose my Rolex wrapped in the towel. If you do, you'll replace it.

Why would you wear your Rolex to the pool area, only to take it off to go into the water? It would seem that you would just leave it in your cabin......

Why would you wear your Rolex to the pool area, only to take it off to go into the water? It would seem that you would just leave it in your cabin......

It would be better to take wads of cash and wrap them in your towel. It would give you some great posts on CC when they go missing.

I was on the Adventure in October and had no problem with chair hogs in the Solarium. The pool patrol, with their yellow shirts, was continually removing things that were left unattended for 60 minutes. When someone wanting a seat came in, they were right there to ask if they needed loungers and found them some right away. I told one of the attendants that I would be in the pool for a while reading my book and I was told not to worry, they knew which chairs were occupied. It was so nice to be able to get a chair in the middle of the afternoon. I wish all ships were enforced like that one. After the first two days, the chair hogs knew their things would be removed so I think most did not even try to save chairs.

Edited by dacsmom

I was on the Adventure in October and had no problem with chair hogs in the Solarium. The pool patrol, with their yellow shirts, was continually removing things that were left unattended for 60 minutes. When someone wanting a seat came in, they were right there to ask if they needed loungers and found them some right away. I told one of the attendants that I would be in the pool for a while reading my book and I was told not to worry, they knew which chairs were occupied. It was so nice to be able to get a chair in the middle of the afternoon. I wish all ships were enforced like that one.

What a great setup. Really love that ship.

........Not sure why you think I let any of this ruin my vacation as I enjoy agitating rude people and watching their reaction......

Love your comment. The people that don't say or do anything about chair hogs is just allowing their rude behavior to continue. The rude people will continue this type of behavior until someone puts a stop to it.

Some people just need to grow a backbone and stand up for themselves.

Edited by ReneeFLL