Luggage Tags New Cruisers Beware

Yes, we've been printing our own luggage tags for a few years now. We print them and use those clear plastic tag holders, so we've had no problems. (We have gotten luggage tags mailed to us from RC at no charge when we've booked a suite. So the preprinted tags are still sent to those in suites.) We always see people getting tags from the porters at embarkation, so those are still available too.

For us, the printed tag in the plastic holder works very well. We had no problems. The old tags they used to send us in the mail caused us a problem once when the tag got torn off a bag during the loading process. We were able to 'find' the bag with the help of our cabin steward since we had identifying information on it.

Judy

Where can I find clear plastic tag holder?

Where can I find clear plastic tag holder?

Local drug store in travel items section

A travel tooth brush and Paste packaging sleeve works great for a dollar .

I use for baggage Id and room location tag .

Walmart prob has them also .

thank you!! I just found them on cruise critic but they have wide and narrow and I wasn't sure what I needed (my eyes glassed over just trying to figure it our).

I recommend buying the wider ones. That way, they can be used no matter what cruise line you sail. they work just fine for the narrower RCI printed tags.

Disney still does the mailed documents, in a small spiral bound book. There are usually 4 bag tag stickers similar to airline tags, preprinted with name and cabin number.

Yep, and like I said, you pay through the nose for that, LOL.

There is no penny pinching in this. It's a legitimate cost savings, and non-wastage of resources. Doesn't make sense to print out an e-doc to send to everyone. That thing is longer than some novellas, and most of it is not needed.

For some folks, the only way to stop them from ordering a print copy of the e-doc to put a prohibitive cost to them.

Just print any and all pages you deem useful while on the cruise.

There is no penny pinching in this. It's a legitimate cost savings, and non-wastage of resources. Doesn't make sense to print out an e-doc to send to everyone. That thing is longer than some novellas, and most of it is not needed.....

Good point.:)

There is no penny pinching in this. It's a legitimate cost savings, and non-wastage of resources. Doesn't make sense to print out an e-doc to send to everyone. That thing is longer than some novellas, and most of it is not needed.

For some folks, the only way to stop them from ordering a print copy of the e-doc to put a prohibitive cost to them.

Just print any and all pages you deem useful while on the cruise.

Fully agree with you. Most e-docs that I receive are around 30+ pages but I only print 3-4 pages of the e-doc. The vast majority of the information contained in the e-docs I have no need for and no desire to print.

Edited by Tim,n,Sue

52 weeks x 3,500 passengers x 22 ships = over 4 million. (rough numbers)

If the mailing and printing costs are $3 per packet, then Royal Caribbean saves 12 million dollars.

I got my luggage tags in the mail today for my April cruise.

tag_c.jpg

I have attached some photos of the paper luggage tags that I laminated for a group cruise. It is cheaper than buying the holders for everyone in the group. I used some software to print the names on the tags (which I blacked out in the photo).

tag_b.jpg

tag_d.jpg

Manny

tag_c.jpg.3663ae6240eae2453a8a3986d9001fb1.jpg

tag_b.jpg.ce4a454f0ee4ed1d0e597b0f4614c6ca.jpg

tag_d.jpg.0201584389a2ac2123c581e9cf95dc13.jpg

Then you have not sailed P & O they still mail luggage tags and cruise information.

Is P&O considered "mass market"? From talking to a British couple 2 years ago, I got the impression that it's a bit more upscale than "mass market". The couple told us that proper FORMAL-wear is *required* for dinner; that's not mass market to me! And when I've priced it out, it sure doesn't seem mass market to me, and that's before I book airfare to Europe. :)

Is P&O considered "mass market"? From talking to a British couple 2 years ago, I got the impression that it's a bit more upscale than "mass market". The couple told us that proper FORMAL-wear is *required* for dinner; that's not mass market to me! And when I've priced it out, it sure doesn't seem mass market to me, and that's before I book airfare to Europe. :)

Sorry but P & O are mass market, they have the largest British fleet at sea, which surely qualifies them as mass market. The formal nights :):)are adhered to by most, but there is still the few who do not conform. I find their prices similar to RCI but I do book in the UK and RCI pricing structure could be different over here and also exchange rates can have signifcant effects on cost.

Sorry but P & O are mass market, they have the largest British fleet at sea, which surely qualifies them as mass market. The formal nights :):)are adhered to by most, but there is still the few who do not conform. I find their prices similar to RCI but I do book in the UK and RCI pricing structure could be different over here and also exchange rates can have signifcant effects on cost.

Sorry smilies in wrong place

??

I'm guessing you got the tag covers

No. I booked my cruise through Amazon and they sent me luggage tags and all my documents. ;)

Of course I got the plastic holders, which are still technically tags themselves that hang from your bags. I thought getting them from Amazon would be the key identifier for the items of which I was speaking. Since buying the plastic tag holders from Amazon was mentioned 3.2 million times in this thread. :)

I often tell people to give the readers of threads a little more credit on reading comprehension, but I guess I needed to be clearer.

No. I booked my cruise through Amazon and they sent me luggage tags and all my documents. ;)

Of course I got the plastic holders, which are still technically tags themselves that hang from your bags. I thought getting them from Amazon would be the key identifier for the items of which I was speaking. Since buying the plastic tag holders from Amazon was mentioned 3.2 million times in this thread. :)

I often tell people to give the readers of threads a little more credit on reading comprehension, but I guess I needed to be clearer.

hold up! amazon has a travel department? I did not know that. is it through their .com web site?

hold up! amazon has a travel department? I did not know that. is it through their .com web site?

;) ya know?

I had no clue either... Guess I will have to look into that :)