Carnival makes me happy. But is it time to go?

Giantsallday

I think you should try a different line and if you don't like it at least you can say you gave it a shot and if you love it you will have more to choose from the next time you are planning your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've been on 3 cruises and 3 different cruise lines. I have had an equally amazing time on all 3. You obviously love to cruise, if you find an itinerary that you like and dates that will work, go for it! Try something different, I'm sure you will have an awesome time no matter the cruise line. But after trying something different, you will have something to compare and better answer your question for yourself. If you find an itinerary and dates you like....do it!

As you can see from my signature, brand loyalty is not something that I demonstrate. Quite honestly, with so much choice out there, I have trouble understanding how anyone can only sail with one line. I've looked at rewards programs and don't find them meaningful enough to influence my decision. Each line has its strengths and weaknesses, whether it be the quality of food, entertainment, activities, etc. The key driver for us always has been and will continue to be the itineraries offered and the research I do on the different ships and ports of call. Interesting that we did our first Carnival Cruise 26 years ago and have just recently booked the second on the Vista inaugural sail.

Edited by cynalan

My DH & I will be trying Carnival for the 1st time next December. The reason I choose this was it fit a particular date we could sail and that we could get off the Princess ship and right onto the Carnival ship in the same port. We are in our 40's, and do enjoy Princess. With that being said, we are also open for new adventures. I'm looking forward to trying Carnival, and maybe even some day HAL. I wish the loyalty would be shared among the "relatives". :cool:

This is my first time writing on a forum so I hope I don't get slammed but here it goes.

I've been on nine cruises with carnival and have never tried any other cruise line. I've always enjoyed what they have to offer and for the price. I wouldn't say money isn't an object but I do make significantly more money now than I did when I first started cruising so I can afford what some might call "better".

I guess my question is am I suffering from if it ain't broke don't fix it because I'm terrified of trying something new and it not being that good and I get mad that I ever tried it. Now here's where I get a little crazy. I will probably be more upset with myself if I love the new cruise line because I will think "you idiot why didn't you do this sooner".

I hate being indecisive but i can't be the only one that is a little gun shy when it comes to trying new things. Help me out if you have felt the way I feel and found a way out of it.

It is our intent to try all of the mainstream lines at least once, but even though we are making more money now than when we first started that is still a factor in the cruises that we pick.

Tried most of the cruiselines. We are older, but are very active and love the Caribbean beaches and different experiences.

When we decide on a cruise we consider the timing that is best for us, the ports, the ship itself and the cost. We then read numerous CC reviews and decipher what may be good or awful for us based on what we'd like to experience on that cruise. If we want to visit certain ports, the ship isn't as important to us.

This year we are going back to Carnival to visit the embarkation port, New Orleans, for a few days. We're also looking for more fun and activities that were available on Celebrity during our last two cruises. We relaxed alot, had fabulous food, and did some wonderful itineraries on the Equinox, but were really disappointed with the music and lack of daytime activities. Two people on the dance floor at sailaway??? Wow!

Also going to try out a Windstar Windjammer cruise this year...Although more pricey than our usual cruises, the experience and visiting the BVI again looks amazing.

Although we have friends who love the perks they get by staying with one cruiseline, I think "branching out" gives cruisers more variety.

I like variety so I definitely don't stick to one cruise brand. We started with Royal 15 years ago for our very first cruise and I cruised with them 2 additional times over 6 years old with a Disney cruise thrown in there, too. The last Royal cruise in 2007 almost turned me off cruising altogether because the cabin, food, service, and fellow passengers were terrible.

I stuck with land vacations for the next 7 years and decided to do a last minute cruise on the Carnival Dream when I was visiting colleges with DD and DS. We had a blast! That cruise reignited my love for cruising and we have cruised Disney, Princess and Carnival the past 2 years since then. We have another planned for the Vista in November.

I'm still partial to Carnival because I like how it feels like home and the crew always makes us feel like family. We always have a good week on a CCL cruise. Perfect line for families with teens IMO. However, DS is graduating HS next year and I'm seriously considering a Med cruise on Celebrity for 2017. We are ready to try a more upscale line now that they are both approaching adulthood. Royal may be considered in the future but we'll probably go on one of the newer Disney ships 1st because my nephew is only 1 and will be the right age in a few years.

I have been on 8 Carnival cruises and in a few months I will be sailing on RC for the first time. We found a better price with RC and will find out how it will compare with Carnival. At times I feel I am cheating with Carnival but with all the changes lately, I am willing to try a different cruise line.

I was booked on RCCL and it was a good rate on a nice ship then after reading much, I decided I didn't want to cruise with that choice. I love the fun on the pool deck, burgers or burritos at no extra cost, cruising with a group of fun loving crowds and not ones that want to worry about my attire (which is always proper). I don't care about ice skating, I'm going tropical, wouldn't climb a rock wall or spend money or time on a fancy promenade. So it's Carnival for me and an occasional Disney cruise.

With 56 cruises under my belt I say time for a change. You may find that another line suits you better. I am Diamond on Carnival and Royal Caribbean, Elite on Celebrity and Platinum on Princess and have 25 Days on HAL and have sailed NCL 5 times. Every line has something we love and some things we don't like.

As we have gotten older we have gravitated to more Princess and Royal Caribbean as those products tend to suit us better and we get decent suite perks at a reasonable price.

Carnival now just seems way too loud for us, but we will still sail on CCL occasionally for a quick, cheap getaway. But, for a relaxing cruise, our favorite is now Princess.

You can see from my signature that we've sailed CCL, HAL and RCCL. All 3 have a different vibe on their ships. If we feel super casual we might pick CCL. If we feel like more sedate and dressing for dinner we go HAL . Once you've cruised you understand "how it works" on most any ship of any line.

Our big guiding factor is itinerary and we enjoy the differences.

So I was faced with a similar dillema. We decided we wanted to cruise this coming April out of Galveston. We had a choice of 3 Carnival Ships (Freedom, Liberty or Magic) or RC Liberty of the seas. My inclination was to go with Carnival as we have sailed with them 9 times in the last few years. The itineraries were similar so they were not a factor. We ruled out Carnival Liberty because we had already sailed on her before and she only does 5 day cruises. So Freedom and Magic were the only other choices for Carnival. I began to look at reviews and photos of the ships. While looking at the photos of the Carnival ships, I could not escape the feeling of "been there, done that". I was not feeling all that inspired to do it again. No don't get me wrong! We have always had a great time on Carnival. But the same food, entertainment, cabin, and general feel of the ship was not enticing me.

I started reviewing pics from Liberty of the Seas and it looked new and fresh to me. In addition, it just went through a dry dock refurb a few weeks ago. I was also offered a $175.00 OBC. With the actual fare being similar to the Carnival sailings, this pushed me over the edge and I ended up booking with RCI. So we are going to try something different. I have to say I am really excited about it. I'm sure I would have had fun on Carnival, but I think the same will hold true on RCI.

I say go for it. I've been sailing Carnival since the 90's and as hard as it was I decided to try NCL and Royal out a few years ago. Although I have absolutely nothing bad to say about those cruises, it just wasn't the same atmosphere that I'm used to on Carnival. Bottom line, I'm glad I tried someone else but it's all Carnival now.

OP, I could have written your post except substitute Royal Caribbean for Carnival. I have tried Celebrity twice for two 5 day cruises and Princess was actually our first cruise ever. What we do know is we like longer cruises with a balance of Port and sea days, over shorter, port intensive cruises.

Off to find a cruise on a different line so I can cheat on RCI and sleep around.

Edited by MommaBear55

Try other lines....We've cruised with Carnival, NCL and Princess and Loved them all....Each had something a little different and we've now been on over 15 cruises

Never had a bad cruise n have 2 more booked already

Have Fun

After 17 cruises on Carnival, two more booked, and 1 cruise on RC (we weren't impressed), we have decided to try Princess. We like to sail from our home port which is LA, and Carnival only offers Mexico and Hawaii. We are tired of Mexico and will be doing Hawaii for the second time in November. Princess has an occasional cruise that goes to Tahiti as one of the ports. We have always wanted to go there so this will be our next cruise to book.

I tried HAL and didn't like the ship. Guest Services was in a place that looked like a basement. No real atrium. Couldn't get waited on in the MDR for the life of me. Food so so but their breakfast buffet had about 7 or 8 eggs Benedict every morning. The OJ was pre poured and in an obscure place. Needed to be stirred. Adult pool area stark and the deck needed refinishing.

This is my first time writing on a forum so I hope I don't get slammed but here it goes.

I've been on nine cruises with carnival and have never tried any other cruise line. I've always enjoyed what they have to offer and for the price. I wouldn't say money isn't an object but I do make significantly more money now than I did when I first started cruising so I can afford what some might call "better".

I guess my question is am I suffering from if it ain't broke don't fix it because I'm terrified of trying something new and it not being that good and I get mad that I ever tried it. Now here's where I get a little crazy. I will probably be more upset with myself if I love the new cruise line because I will think "you idiot why didn't you do this sooner".

I hate being indecisive but i can't be the only one that is a little gun shy when it comes to trying new things. Help me out if you have felt the way I feel and found a way out of it.

Sorry, can't help you out. Never been afraid to try new things so I've sailed on 6 different lines and enjoyed all of them.

Having our 8th and 9th Carnival cruises coming up, I realize how comfortable I am with Carnival and booking with them. I understand their booking, price reduction, and other policies as well as ship layout in general. I have a PVP who has helped with 8 of my 9 bookings. I enjoy her and love knowing that she's always a call or instant message away. We travel from WI so only cruise once a year and it's very important that everything is planned out well.

Pair this with the great food and drinks and fun that we have enjoyed, and I have a hard time thinking of going elsewhere.

I may try another cruise line someday, but until I have a less than enjoyable Carnival cruise, I'll probably stay put.

I look at you tube videos to get a feel for the other lines night life and ships. They all look great to me but Carnival has been great to us and fits our budget. I would definitely sail another line knowing it won't be my last cruise and I can go back to carnival if I like it better. I really want to try the American Queen Steamboats Company.

Edited by smyliecruising