New to RCI - how do they handle price drops?

Buz1986

Hi,

I have booked onto the Ovation of the Seas for next January. I have paid my $400 deposit but just saw that the exact same room category that I have booked has dropped over $500 :\ I only booked 2 days ago... How does RCI Handle these situations?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

Here in the US, just need to call and they adjust the price. Not sure if that applies to Australia.

Thanks Blackshirt- I tried to give the number here a call but its only open monday to friday business hours... im used to carnival's 24/7 booking line!

Is the US office open on weekends?

Hi,

I have booked onto the Ovation of the Seas for next January. I have paid my $400 deposit but just saw that the exact same room category that I have booked has dropped over $500 :\ I only booked 2 days ago... How does RCI Handle these situations?

Thanks in advance.

Ben

I don't believe Royal gives price drops to Australian bookings. However, it would not hurt to call just in case.

Thanks Blackshirt- I tried to give the number here a call but its only open monday to friday business hours... im used to carnival's 24/7 booking line!

Is the US office open on weekends?

Yes, the US has a 24/7 number, but I don't think it works outside of North America.

Usually the US Office can´t Access international bookings.

AFAIK, Australian bookings won´t get Price Drops unless you cancel and rebook. If you cancel I think you will lose your deposit.

Still might be an Option to save 100 if you deposited 400 and the Price drop is 500.

had a read through their cancellation policy that i got emailed with deposit - says that if i cancel after august 2016, i lose $200 pp. doesnt say anything about before...

There are many CC members from Australia who probably know the answer to your question. You may want to start a new thread with a title that would get their attention, like "Australian cruiser needs RCI price drop info".

There are many CC members from Australia who probably know the answer to your question. You may want to start a new thread with a title that would get their attention, like "Australian cruiser needs RCI price drop info".

good advice :)

Ill start the thread at a more reasonable time as 3am probably wasnt ideal ;) thanks!

If you call RCI on Monday morning they will cancel and rebook. As you are many days out you shouldn't lose anything. 151 days or more out from cruise there is no penalty for cancellation. But please note as I cancelled mine and re-booked. Apparently they cant use the deposit you already paid and must re-charge you and then refund you and it takes up to 2 weeks to get the refund back. Plus I don't know if it was just the bank I'm with but on both deposits I paid I was charged $12 extra.

Funny thing I call the 24 hour number the other day and went to voice mail and said the office was closed . Maybe something new

Did you press the prompt for make a new reservation? If you press the prompt for existing reservations it will tell you that they are closed, but there really are people there 24/7, except may on a holiday

No price dopa for Australians as our consumer laws are different..... Even if you are cruising OS. You will need to cancel your booking and rebook! This early out you'll get all of your money etc back. That's the only way to work price drops as an Aussie up until full payment!

No price dopa for Australians as our consumer laws are different..... Even if you are cruising OS. You will need to cancel your booking and rebook! This early out you'll get all of your money etc back. That's the only way to work price drops as an Aussie up until full payment!

The time limit is 150 days to cancel with a penalty in Australia?