Kids at Specialty Dining

yun2

We will be on Oasis and traveling with friends with two kids at age 10 and 5. We would like to try a couple of specialty dining. Are there specific rules for kids, any kids menu available? One kid is rather a picky eater and most likely he wont even have anything, is there a charge for him just being there?

We will be on Oasis and traveling with friends with two kids at age 10 and 5. We would like to try a couple of specialty dining. Are there specific rules for kids, any kids menu available? One kid is rather a picky eater and most likely he wont even have anything, is there a charge for him just being there?

There are kids menus for ages 6-12, and when they order off the kids menu, the charge is $10. Kids 5 and under are free.

Kids are welcome at all specialty restaurants except Chefs Table and I believe those special dinners with wine pairings.

Kids 12 and under can eat from a modified adult menu for $10. Kids 5 and under eat off a kids menu similar to the kids menu in the MDR for free.

Kids can also fine from the regular menu but they will be charged full price.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I just booked a reservation online for Chops for our family of 4, including my 9 and 12 year old. Only one price ($39) came up for everyone. If they end up ordering from the kids' menu, will we get a credit? Or are we stuck with the higher price because I booked ahead of time?

my personal opinion: the 5 year old has no business being in a specialty dining venue. nor does any 'picky' eater( of any age). the ten YO if they are well versed in fine dining and will not be bored/bury his nose in an iPad the entire time.

and yes everyone is charged if they take up a seat. the chefs can and probably will provide a simple item out of ingredients they have on hand.

I miss the days where all children had to eat before 7 pm so I could eat my dinner in an adult only atmosphere later.

I just booked a reservation online for Chops for our family of 4, including my 9 and 12 year old. Only one price ($39) came up for everyone. If they end up ordering from the kids' menu, will we get a credit? Or are we stuck with the higher price because I booked ahead of time?

The difference will be refunded as OBC on board.

my personal opinion: the 5 year old has no business being in a specialty dining venue. nor does any 'picky' eater( of any age). the ten YO if they are well versed in fine dining and will not be bored/bury his nose in an iPad the entire time.

and yes everyone is charged if they take up a seat. the chefs can and probably will provide a simple item out of ingredients they have on hand.

I miss the days where all children had to eat before 7 pm so I could eat my dinner in an adult only atmosphere later.

Kids under 5 eat for free. They will not be charged.