Military Discount

hollon

Can anyone tell me if Princess offers a military discount w/ all their cruise, or just whenever they want to give the discount?

They offer it for every cruise. I faxed the information to Princess for our first Princess cruise and they applied it to our second Princess cruise without my asking - they obviously keep it on file.

That differs, by the way, from stockholder credit. You must send paperwork within 3 months of sailing date each time.

Military Benefit for Veterans and Active/Retired Personnel

To thank the brave men and women of the American and Canadian militaries for their service, Princess Cruises® offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel. This special military benefit is eligible on any cruise, any time of the year and can be used to purchase a wide variety of amenities and experiences including Lotus Spa® treatments; dining in our specialty restaurants; gifts, jewelry and clothing in our onboard boutiques; and Princess Cruises shore excursions.

Military Benefits: Up to $250 Free Onboard Spending Money*

Cruise Length Amount

14 days or longer $250 per qualified passenger

7 - 13 days $100 per qualified passenger

6 days or less $50 per qualified passenger

Can anyone tell me if Princess offers a military discount w/ all their cruise, or just whenever they want to give the discount?

To answer a question you didn't ask. The military OBC can be combined with all other forms of OBC from any source. Not like Royal where you can only get one type. On Princess, you can get stockholder, Military, Travel Agent, Promo, all on the same cruise.

To thank the brave men and women of the American and Canadian militaries for their service, Princess Cruises® offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel.

The Military Benefit is one of the reasons I choose to sail with Princess. I don't know if other cruise lines offer this benefit.

Or if active duty a copy of your ID.

Photocopying current active duty ID cards, the Common Access Card (CAC), is forbidden. Princess has another way for US active duty military to confirm eligibility, which can be found here http://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/#.VtIpqcdh1E4

After the first time you submit the information, it is automatically applied to subsequent bookings.

Such a nice way to thank military members for all of their sacrifices!

Oh, thank yall for such good information, that will help out our alaska cruise w/ the 100 obc. It's my brother who was in the army and he is a veteran, actually wounded in the army/war, I'll find out if he has all the correct information, I know he has his military id - thanks

We just booked our 5th cruise and for the first time we went through the MWR (Morale, Welfare & Recreation) as we were told they get deep discounts for cruises for military folks (retired, active, etc).....as we found out that really isn't the case. While we got a good deal on the cruise, it was an advertised, month before sailing price....and a price I could have booked without the time spent with this TA. We do however continue to automatically received the military OBCs for which we are thankful. We are both retired military so we each are allowed the credit.

Not just for American/Canadian, we Brits get it too...

I'm from the US originally now living in Australia. I get OBC on every cruise for my 4 years in the US Marines. Also, downunder here, the ANZACS, Australia and New Zealand military, get the same for their service.

Another thing is that the Military OBC is refundable unlike some other OBC which are use it or lose it as noted by the asterisk in the cruise personalizer under your Payments and Credits:

Credits

Onboard Credits are essentially onboard spending money that is applied to your shipboard folio. At the end of your cruise, these credits are applied to your final balance due. You may receive these credits as a result of a special promotion from Princess or your travel agent. The following is a detailed list of applicable credits.

Onboard Credits for this Booking - Credits are in AU Dollars (AUD)

Military Benefits $250.00

Onboard Sales Promotion* $150.00

Onboard Credit Promotion* $200.00

Total Onboard Credits $600.00

*Please enjoy using these credits onboard as they are not refundable.

As people have shared, there is OBC for Military on each cruise. What is nice is once you send in the DD214 it's applied everytime.

Now.. for RCCL, they do offer military discount but only on selected sailings (i.e. just whenever they want to give a discount). And it's not highly advertised. We saved 50% using the Military discount on or upcoming cruise. The savings was more than my DH would get in OBC on Princess.

Princess is the best for Alaska. You can't go wrong with that booking.

To thank the brave men and women of the American and Canadian militaries for their service, Princess Cruises® offers up to $250 free onboard spending money* for veterans as well as active, retired or disabled military personnel. This special military benefit is eligible on any cruise, any time of the year and can be used to purchase a wide variety of amenities and experiences including Lotus Spa® treatments; dining in our specialty restaurants; gifts, jewelry and clothing in our onboard boutiques; and Princess Cruises shore excursions.

Cruise Length Amount

This has also now been extended to the military personnel of the United Kingdom and Australia.

Cruise Length Amount

UK ex Military are eligible too.

Just FYI for active duty folks that DOD website link that Princess refers to on their military credit page is down. The other way to look up your time is the Service Member Relief website which doesn't show any of my active duty time. Not sure where one of the posters got the info about submitting a CAC being illegal. Do you have a reference? I sent mine in, blacked out any Privacy Act info and received credit. There you go.

Not sure where one of the posters got the info about submitting a CAC being illegal. Do you have a reference? I sent mine in, blacked out any Privacy Act info and received credit. There you go.

I got the info during security training events, but here's a quote from Navy.mil which discusses it, "Commander, Navy Installations Command issued an announcement reminding all personnel that the photocopying of military identification cards and common access cards (CAC) is strictly prohibited, Nov. 1.

There have been recent incidents reported of commercial establishments photocopying U.S. government identification to verify military affiliation or provide government rates for service. These incidents are a violation of Title 18, U.S. Code, Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701 and are punishable by fine and/or imprisonment.

Although commercial establishments may request to see military/government identification, they may not photocopy or duplicate it in any way. Many military personnel and commercial establishments are unaware of the prohibition and the reasons it exists, which results in this being a fairly common practice.

The only exception to this policy, covered in DOD Instruction 1000.13, Section 6.1.7, is that civilian and military medical providers are authorized to photocopy military ID as proof of insurance for the purposes of providing medical care to DoD beneficiaries.

Because of the access the cards grant, criminal elements and terrorist organizations place obtaining U.S. government identifications at a premium when planning acts against the U.S. military. If a copied military or government identification fell into the wrong hands, it could spell disaster for the Armed Forces and the nation.

Unfortunately, there are no safeguards in place to prevent a counterfeit military/government identification card from being produced based on a photocopy provided to a commercial establishment. For this reason, personnel are requested to remain vigilant in ensuring they do not allow anyone to photocopy their identification cards.

CNIC recommends that all personnel, both military and civilian, provide a state drivers license or other form of photo identification to be photocopied when there is a request for such information by a commercial establishment."