Anthem of the seas is headed back to Cape Liberty now due to a storm

lazeyey

I'm just saying the storm only needed to change the itinerary. The cruise should not of ended early because of the storm.

That's how it used to be! You didn't go home and you didn't go into it, you went in another direction. Why should it be different now??

That's how it used to be! You didn't go home and you didn't go into it, you went in another direction. Why should it be different now??

What direction do you think Anthem should have gone? That storm was massive and the only direction they could have chosen to completely avoid that storm would have been west and I don't think Anthem has been fit with training wheels yet.

ROFL...wow! You took one sentence...because that is the only sentence where I even mentioned the weather (and this is a close but not exact quote ) I'm not saying there wasn't a storm brewing but do I think that RC used that to bring the Anthem back for a good sterilization...absolutely! And determined that I was saying I knew anything about weather, let alone was claiming to be an expert, or more about handling a ship than the captain! Oh, that was very nice!

I'm quickly figuring out why this site is called cruisecritic. It's not because people can go on and voice their honest opinions about a ship or cruiseline...no indeed, it's because some of the people in the forums are so critical when you do try to post.

No worries, I thought your post was very informative and stuck with what you saw 1st hand! It was also very down the center. I saw no bias to either pro or anti cruising... :)

I think heading north with the plan of possibly going back to port the storm materializes is a good plan in a situation like this. What doesn't make sense is ending the cruise as early as they did because of a storm.

The way the decision was announced leads people to think they knew a good cleaning would be required.

I think heading north with the plan of possibly going back to port the storm materializes is a good plan in a situation like this. What doesn't make sense is ending the cruise as early as they did because of a storm.

The way the decision was announced leads people to think they knew a good cleaning would be required.

And that decision was probably ordered by the CDC because of the percentage of Noro cases.

Hey everyone...can we just move on from this thread. PLEASE???? There are two "live" threads right now on the Anthem....and if you watch the webcam, it is almost time for sail away.

Absolutely agree. It is time to move on. Watching the webcam now.

With all due respect but you are entitled to your opinion, because it is your opinion. Those that know differently do not have to agree with you because that is "their" opinion.:)

Forming an opinion about a ship you've never been on is a very bad way to start off your cruise and not fair to those on board that are there to hopefully make your cruising experience a good one. If you board with attitude, IMHO, you deserve attitude back.

I do sincerely hope you have a great time and good weather.

You are so right. I'm entitled to an opinion and I'm also entitled not to be attacked because it's different than what many on here want to hear. People here get down right rude about it.

For the record The only attitude I will have boarding the ship is that I'm on vacation and it's going to be awesome! I may be new to the anthem but I have plenty of experience with Royal and know first hand that they are not perfect but we don't sweat the small stuff when on vacation.

When you read, see pictures, and see all of this negativity regarding this ship, and then read all of the negative things about the food and service on the ship that are reported right here on cruise critic you start to wonder what you might be in for. I can tell you that all of our family and friends think we are nuts for planning to still go. They have been having a blast teasing us about it but we are just hoping for a great 2 week vacation to the islands

Edited by Lady Luck T

Of course it does. You would think it would be required. Everyone is trying to minimize the virus situation but even at 100 something are too many cases.

Of course it does. You would think it would be required. Everyone is trying to minimize the virus situation but even at 100 something are too many cases.

What didn't make sense was blaming it on the storm.

I'm glad to see your a weather expert also, you should have been the captain seeing as you think you know a lot about handling a ship in a storm.

ROFL...wow! You took one sentence...because that is the only sentence where I even mentioned the weather (and this is a close but not exact quote ) I'm not saying there wasn't a storm brewing but do I think that RC used that to bring the Anthem back for a good sterilization...absolutely! And determined that I was saying I knew anything about weather, let alone was claiming to be an expert, or more about handling a ship than the captain! Oh, that was very nice!

I'm quickly figuring out why this site is called cruisecritic. It's not because people can go on and voice their honest opinions about a ship or cruiseline...no indeed, it's because some of the people in the forums are so critical when you do try to post.

I just love it also when a poster's only comment and opinion is to berate another and doesn't add anything to the thread. I like to only read others opinion when it adds substance to the thread.

My feeling also is that the possibility of another storm encounter was a convenient, even though maybe belated, excuse for RCI to have Anthem return early for a good sanitation and clean up. For us this is good news as we embark on Monday.

Hopefully this weekend's bash won't undo all that has happened over the last few days. :D

Edited by robtulipe

Hey everyone...can we just move on from this thread. PLEASE???? There are two "live" threads right now on the Anthem....and if you watch the webcam, it is almost time for sail away.

But I haven't finished my popcorn yet. :rolleyes:

I just love it also when a poster's only comment and opinion is to berate another and doesn't add anything to the thread. I like to only read others opinion when it adds substance to the thread.

My feeling also is that the possibility of another storm encounter was a convenient, even though maybe belated, excuse for RCI to have Anthem return early for a good sanitation and clean up. For us this is good news as we embark on Monday.

Hopefully this weekend's bash won't undo all that has happened over the last few days. :D

Not sure they would use a potential storm as an excuse to curtail a cruise for sanitisation (the correct spelling). Not sure you would enjoy your sailing if they inconveniently sailed into a storm. Sure the opposite would be the preferred option.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Windstar has sailing ships. They need the wind. ;)

They are technically motorized sailing yachts. They can run in either wind or diesel or a combination of the two. That said, they don't need gale force winds to sail on wind power alone, and there is nothing as pleasant as being under wind power in the Med. :)

They are technically motorized sailing yachts. They can run in either wind or diesel or a combination of the two. That said, they don't need gale force winds to sail on wind power alone, and there is nothing as pleasant as being under wind power in the Med. :)

As I said, they need the wind.

Thank you to those who replied to my post without nitpicking every tiny thing whether you agreed or not. I simply stated what I saw and experienced and, since most of you were not there, I tried to give a first hand account...that's all. I loved the ship, the service and thought RC was more than fair in their compensation.

To all those on the Anthem now, or sailing on her soon...have a wonderful cruise! You'll love the ship. It's the first ship in 10 cruises that I awoke on the 2nd day and felt honored to be able to spend another 11 days aboard. Enjoy everything she has to offer and don't let all the negativity on these boards sway you.

Oh, and if you do venture to post your opinion on here afterwards, be sure to type it into a word processing program and run it past 2 or 3 English professors while you're at it just to make sure it's perfect enough for the hard core critics on this site :)

But I haven't finished my popcorn yet. :rolleyes:

We met you on a cruise several years ago and still love your sense of humor:D

Loved the penguin picture, we did around the horn in 2013 and saw them in person.....brought back many wonderful memories.

Lady Luck T, just wondering which Anthem sailing you are on?:confused:

We leave Monday, you have a great cruise!:)

Oh, and if you do venture to post your opinion on here afterwards, be sure to type it into a word processing program and run it past 2 or 3 English professors while you're at it just to make sure it's perfect enough for the hard core critics on this site :)

And reading the CC Guidelines before posting to eliminate the necessity for those English Professors to comment. :D

Rich Text & Graphic Images

The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., may be returned to you so that you may repost.

We met you on a cruise several years ago and still love your sense of humor:D

Loved the penguin picture, we did around the horn in 2013 and saw them in person.....brought back many wonderful memories.

Lady Luck T, just wondering which Anthem sailing you are on?:confused:

We leave Monday, you have a great cruise!:)

Have a great cruise OB. Want to hear all about it when you return.

Oh BTW, she is on the March 7th cruise.:p

Have a great cruise OD. Want to hear all about it when you return.

Oh BTW, she is on the March 7th cruise.:p

Thank you, will do!! Getting excited...almost packed!:)

Lady Luck T, you are not listed on our roll call............still time to sign up!!!

And reading the CC Guidelines before posting to eliminate the necessity for those English Professors to comment. :D

Rich Text & Graphic Images

The use of these features on our message boards can greatly enhance your online Cruise Board experiences. However, postings that are difficult to read, too BIG or too small, too light in color, etc., may be returned to you so that you may repost.

I've yet to see this applied to a one paragraph post of 1000 words. I actually tried to read the first one of those I saw. I learned my lesson. I don't even try to read those any more.