Summit Dry Dock 2016 Questions and Comments

farmerslou

I thought it might be informative to have folks comment on anything noteworthy as it relates to this.

If you were on the last cruise before the drydock........or

If you are on the cruise just afterwards.......

Any changes, or improvements that are noteworthy for CCers?:)

A year since the dry dock and it's back for repairs.

A year since the dry dock and it's back for repairs.

What exactly are they repairing? We went on it post dry dock and the biggest niggle is that all the staterooms were in need of refurbishing, including the bathrooms. I figured that they might sell the ship soon and therefore didn't update more.

• 1 month later...

So what's the verdict on the Summit following its dry dock last year (aside from the lingering propulsion issues)? Several folks in this thread mentioned they were sailing on Summit and would post comments and photos but I can't find any.

So what's the verdict on the Summit following its dry dock last year (aside from the lingering propulsion issues)? Several folks in this thread mentioned they were sailing on Summit and would post comments and photos but I can't find any.

We found the ship to be clean and refreshed. Liked the new deck additions of a movie screen and comfortable seating- not so good for the AQ cabins nearby as the sound on the attached deck might disturb some. Nice comfortable seating on the pool decks also. They changed the ocean liner restaurant to the Tuscan grill which was fine with us as the food was good. They have a new suite restaurant which was also very nice with excellent service and good food.

The regular cabins, AQ cabins, Sky Suites and Celebrity suites were not redone and some can really benefit from refurbishing. The staff was excellent and we are going again this August in what will be a tattered and torn Sky suite.

Check youtube for recent videos of the ship.

We sailed 4/18-4/22 on the Summit. The propulsion issues seemed to be all fixed as I did not hear of or see any problems with them. Our first stop, Antigua, was cancelled and we went to St. Croix that day instead because our ship had to participate in the "man overboard" search for the Norwegian Escape passenger who was later found deceased in the water. It was a nice cruise albeit way too short. We sailed in a Celebrity Suite and were provided excellent service by Maja, the Michael's Club concierge. She's the best concierge we've ever experienced.

• 1 month later...

Totally miss the Normandie ... our favorite restaurant! Tried the Tuscan Grill on another ship and was not at all impressed. Hate Qzine, but that's just us. And we miss the crepe restaurant, too. We actually would eat in the Normandie almost every night ...what a wonderful restaurant with the best gourmet food at sea. Now that they have taken away the Normandie (or Murano) in all the Millenium class ships we will not be sailing on any of them.