Blu Seating Question

offtopic

Hello all, first post on these forums! My SO and I are booked on the Silhouette in an Aquaclass cabin and were wondering how the seating arrangements worked in Blu. We are younger (<30) and a little apprehensive about how close the 2 person tables are to neighbors as we are taking this cruise to spend time together and develop our relationship and refresh from our daily grinds. We have read about this potentially being a problem in the MDR, but have heard nothing about this for Blu. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

We were on the Summit dinning in Blu in December. Different class of ship so maybe different layout but our tables were very very close together. Could easily have a conversation with neighbours. Would have to talk very quietly if not wanting others to hear. Some people like this and some do not but, in general, we found the "more experienced" cruisers were more eager to carry on conversation between tables.

We ate in the MDR one night and the tables were still a bit close together but it was very busy and loud in there so not as conducive to talking between tables.

Overall we did prefer the atmosphere and food in Blu.

We were on the Summit dinning in Blu in December. Different class of ship so maybe different layout but our tables were very very close together. Could easily have a conversation with neighbours. Would have to talk very quietly if not wanting others to hear. Some people like this and some do not but, in general, we found the "more experienced" cruisers were more eager to carry on conversation between tables.

We ate in the MDR one night and the tables were still a bit close together but it was very busy and loud in there so not as conducive to talking between tables.

Overall we did prefer the atmosphere and food in Blu.

My husband and I also use the cruise to rejuvenate ourselves and have private time together. We always greet the people on either side of us, and occasionally will engage in discussion, but often we just want to talk to each other and catch up. It is never been a problem, and the tables are just far her enough apart that you can choose to be chatty, or you can keep to yourselves.

Ask for the table for two over by the post. Away from the window, by the back bench. Perfect spot, no close tables.

I agree. We have just come off Reflection which has a Blu table layout same as the ship you are sailing on. Also timing has a big impact on how crowded you will find Blu. If you like eating late for dinner, say 8 pm you will likely get a table towards the back of Blu completely on your own.

Hello, (late 20s female here) i've not had any issue in the past with the distance of seating in Blu and don't generally get into conversation with neighbours - neighbours have really been too far away for this anyway!

It would be a good idea to pop along to the restaurant when you board the ship to take a look at the menu if they have one up. At that point you could both pop into the restaurant and have a little look at the seating arrangements to decide on where you'd most prefer to sit to have plenty of space and alone time :)

Hope you both have a great time ;)

I confess I disagree somewhat with some of the other answers. On M class, the Blu restaurants are a bit more spacious so being side to side is of lesser consideration. On S class ships, many of the two tops are IMHO right on top of each other. There are some exceptions as has been noted - you can try to get these and your odds are better in off-peak times. Yes, it is true that people generally follow your lead about talking or not talking to your neighbors, but the truth is for most of the two tops in S class even if you are trying to 'ignore' each other, virtually every word can be heard. Truly my only complaint about Blu, which I otherwise love, love, love.

I will add my two cents that even going on a private, relaxing cruise (which is what we are looking for also), some of our favorite moments have been in getting to know our 'almost' table-mates in Blu. Besides the usual, we have learned a lot about the different ports of call, cruising in other cabin categories, even cruising on Celebrity versus other lines.

Thank you everyone for your input. I think we will go into Blu early on the first day and have a look around and talk with the host/hostess about our preferences. I'm confident that it will all work out. I'm getting more and more excited for this vacation as the cruise date approaches!

I will add my two cents that even going on a private, relaxing cruise (which is what we are looking for also), some of our favorite moments have been in getting to know our 'almost' table-mates in Blu. Besides the usual, we have learned a lot about the different ports of call, cruising in other cabin categories, even cruising on Celebrity versus other lines.

Thank you for the reminder of the M class seating in Blu. It is a while since we were in there and I had forgotten what the seating is like. Will see it on Millennium soon.

I agree with your comments about 'almost' table mates. On Eclipse Baltics last year, there were 4 tables for 2 abreast (in many rows) and all of us at those 4 tables in a row frequently got one or the other of them each night. By the end of the cruise we all knew each other and the last formal night, one of the couples suggested that they put the 4 tables together. We had a great last dinner. I suppose it is rare that something like that would happen, but we all seemed to have an affinity for each other from the very beginning.

My husband and I like our own little "bubble" -

We absolutely like our own space at dinner. We never found it a problem. I think people in BLU totally respect one another's space.

Breakfast would be more chatty - but - just small talk and we were on the ship for two weeks with the same people.

We always had the same table - mind you we dine very late compared to most - By the window - same table - for most of our cruise :)

The only reason we book AQ - is for BLU -

Spa isn't up to much - not compared to other Spa's at sea. I was very disappointed in the thermal suites -

But BLU is lovely - :)