Carnival cabin selection

able58

Hi, regulars probably know when you get to Carnivals' cabin selection page you are given a set number of cabins to choose from ... is there a way to choose a particular cabin? I have a list of the ones I'd "love" to choose but none are on the website as available ... is there a secret way to do it? Or do we just get what we get?

Thanks.

Hi, regulars probably know when you get to Carnivals' cabin selection page you are given a set number of cabins to choose from ... is there a way to choose a particular cabin? I have a list of the ones I'd "love" to choose but none are on the website as available ... is there a secret way to do it? Or do we just get what we get?

Thanks.

There would probably be more Carnival experts to help if you post here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

True. Carnival is the only one that has full access to all open cabins.

When I book through a TA I give them a list of cabins in preference. They contact Carnival and get back to me.

If I phone Carnival direct they can tell me straight away if my preferred cabin is available.

Charlie

True. Carnival is the only one that has full access to all open cabins.

When I book through a TA I give them a list of cabins in preference. They contact Carnival and get back to me.

If I phone Carnival direct they can tell me straight away if my preferred cabin is available.

Charlie

Not always...my TA has full access. I always ask for my cabin selection and she can tell me if it's available or not.

On any cruise - make sure that there are cabins above and below you. You don't want public areas, with their associated noise, below and especially above you. We had a cove balcony on the Dream and there was a lot of moving of items (dragged along the floor) on deck 3. Also - some balcony cabins on the top deck may not have a covered balcony.

Thanks guys ... I was looking at inside cabins with french doors and was hoping to get one with a 'view' between the boats ... we ended up getting a balcony cabin on Empress Deck after all that. Thanks again.

Just curious, don't shoot me...

This particular forum is "ask a cruise question" which implies you ask a cruise question on this forum....

When people come here to ask questions, why do users say "well maybe you should ask on X forum rather than here"... If that's the case, why is this forum here?

Often the large on line cruise booking companies (Can't name them here) will block a bunch of cabins to sell to their customers so they're not available to others until closer to the sail date. The cabins are then released back to the company so they can be sold to us.

Just curious, don't shoot me...

This particular forum is "ask a cruise question" which implies you ask a cruise question on this forum....

When people come here to ask questions, why do users say "well maybe you should ask on X forum rather than here"... If that's the case, why is this forum here?

Often the question is being asked by someone relatively new to the CC boards.

While some questions are generic (e.g. "Is there somewhere to see how many ships are in port?") others like the OP's question here are more specific to an individual cruise line. Chances are more people on the Carnival board will see a Carnival specific question than when it is posed in the Ask a Cruise Question board.

Charlie

When I have a question about a cruise ship or line and ask it there, I find I get a much faster and more reply's when I ask it here. I am Carnival Diamond and I rarely go there to look for questions I can answer.