Question on refer a friend benefit credit

tdeyette

We booked a cruise for FEB next year and found out some of our friends were interested in going as well. So I went into princess and "referred a friend" to get them and us some OBC. (This will be their first cruise)

They have since booked the cruise and will be sailing with or group (They booked a few weeks ago)

When I go in to my Personalizer I see the referrals listed but the status is pending booking... will this change after final payment or do I have to notify someone of their booking?

Thanks

thumb?viewBox=1298

If they have booked, it should say applied to their booking number. I have a cruise in December where I referred someone and the referral credit is listed against their booking number. No one called Princess to apply this credit - it must have been done automatically. My son and his wife's name and their booking number are listed individually in "My Personalizer" account.

Credit is no longer applied to booking fare. Instead, it is given as OBC to your onboard account.

I recently referred several new passengers. It listed pending until they did their cruise. When they returned, I called Princess to find out about my credits. The representative applied it to my current booking. She did say that they needed to sail in my case.

Since your referred passengers are sailing with you, I would definitely print out the document you have posted with your opening post and take it with you to make sure that you are given credit.

The change from reduction in fare to onboard credit happened between May 2015 and November 2015. In May, the credit was given as a reduction in fare. By November, I had to wait until they sailed. I was told by the referred passengers that they did have the OBC on their account when they were on their cruise.

Credit is no longer applied to booking fare. Instead, it is given as OBC to your onboard account.

I recently referred several new passengers. It listed pending until they did their cruise. When they returned, I called Princess to find out about my credits. The representative applied it to my current booking. She did say that they needed to sail in my case.

Since your referred passengers are sailing with you, I would definitely print out the document you have posted with your opening post and take it with you to make sure that you are given credit.

The change from reduction in fare to onboard credit happened between May 2015 and November 2015. In May, the credit was given as a reduction in fare. By November, I had to wait until they sailed. I was told by the referred passengers that they did have the OBC on their account when they were on their cruise.

Thanks, good to know. Have not had a referral for awhile. :o