Just booked but rep made a mistake (as did I)-worried

Just booked from the info on thsi thread I posted a few hours ago:

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2322652

Booked buy one get one half price on interior room sailing 28th May.

Looked at my invoice and everythings fine but they have got my name spelt wrong and even though they did not ask me about guest 2 they have assumed my companion is my husband and put ' Tommy (my surname)' so even though my husband's surname is correct his real first name is not on the booking.

RC website says you can change guest name aslong as original person is on the booking (thats me)....but even though almost all my name is correct they have misspelt it. The spelling of my name is 'Rebekkah' but they have put 'Rebeccah' despite me saying it is double KK. Also my passport is in my maiden name so the surname of mine isn't correct either.

Phone lines are closed (its UK) and I am panicking I have paid for a cruise either I or my husband cannot sail on and I can't change it because of the original name thing.

Any advice?

Looked at my invoice and everythings fine but they have got my name spelt wrong and even though they did not ask me about guest 2 they have assumed my companion is my husband and put ' Tommy (my surname)' so even though my husband's surname is correct his real first name is not on the booking.

RC website says you can change guest name aslong as original person is on the booking (thats me)....but even though almost all my name is correct they have misspelt it. The spelling of my name is 'Rebekkah' but they have put 'Rebeccah' despite me saying it is double KK. Also my passport is in my maiden name so the surname of mine isn't correct either.

Phone lines are closed (its UK) and I am panicking I have paid for a cruise either I or my husband cannot sail on and I can't change it because of the original name thing.

Any advice?

Don't panic just contact your TA and get them to make changes happens all the time I have had names misspelt and wrong dates of birth easily fixed my T A just corrects and re sends me cruise confirmation by email

Don't panic just contact your TA and get them to make changes happens all the time I have had names misspelt and wrong dates of birth easily fixed my T A just corrects and re sends me cruise confirmation by email

I didn't book through a TA ...I rang up Royal.

I also cannot cancel as this was the last day of the deal and I would lose my deposit when I rebooked.

Just wanted to add for clarity that my name is completely wrong on invoice (mispelt first name and surname is down as my married name but my passport is my maiden name)

My husband's first name is wrong but his last is correct.

So both names on the booking are wrong so theres no original name on the booking to change the names if that make sense.

Just wanted to add for clarity that my name is completely wrong on invoice (mispelt first name and surname is down as my married name but my passport is my maiden name)

My husband's first name is wrong but his last is correct.

So both names on the booking are wrong so theres no original name on the booking to change the names if that make sense.

You are going to have to call back and explain the situation to them. They should be able to correct the misspelled name easily. As far as the wrong name you gave them, UK booking rules are different than the US rules, but if you explain what you did, they should correct it for you.

don't panic that happened to all of our party of four last year, I had a bit of a battle avoiding the change charges - but I kept at them and it got sorted in the end. If you get no joy from the call center I would try there facebook page to see if someone on that can help - I made an error in the dob for one of our party once and thomascook face book sorted straight away. Last resort someone here gave me a contact name to email for a different issue - (if you look at my old thread it will be on it) I am sure he will help.

Edited by fragilek

Any advice?

Call ASAP tomorrow. They will fix the name if it is just a change in spelling.

Husbands name error - Their fault (they did not even ask for his name just assumed he had my surname and then added 'tommy' for his forst name)

My name - Mispelling of my first name is theirs, me forgetting that they would book under my card name instead of my passport name is my fault.

What are the charges? Carnival was $50 according to my friend.

OP -- You are in the UK, and the rules are different than the USA. I know for USA bookings we can change one person in the cabin with no cost or penalty -- unless this changes some special rate like age 55 or residency. I don't think you'll have any problem or cost changing the name, but I'm not sure what the rules are for UK. Let us know what happens.

My comment would be about the passport. I'm fairly certain, and could be wrong here, that your passport name needs to match the name booked under etc. For my honeymoon, with my ex-wife, she needed to sail under her maiden name because that's what her passport had on it. Once home, she got her passport updated with the new name and used that for future sailings. So my advice would be get your passport changed or book under your maiden name. This was in the US, so I'm not sure if the same applies, but I can't see why it wouldn't. Passport needs to be matched for flights too I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Powersboyee2

Thanks for all the help and advice...I have really been stressing.

On the official RC UK site it says the same as the US one...one name must remain.

I am mainly stressed at the thought of cancelling the cruise (and loosing $150) or paying a crazy amount to name change when I booked the BOGHF it was to save moolah once on board.

In my head I want to ring up and say 'you guessed my husbands's name and didn't ask so you should correct the mistake' then once my husbands correct name is on use that as the original booking name and then change mine to my maiden name along with them spelling my name with KK.

Does that sound reasonable to ask? I am worried they will deny the guess name and not listen to recorded call...Tommy sounds nthing like my Husband's first name!

My comment would be about the passport. I'm fairly certain, and could be wrong here, that your passport name needs to match the name booked under etc. For my honeymoon, with my ex-wife, she needed to sail under her maiden name because that's what her passport had on it. Once home, she got her passport updated with the new name and used that for future sailings. So my advice would be get your passport changed or book under your maiden name. This was in the US, so I'm not sure if the same applies, but I can't see why it wouldn't. Passport needs to be matched for flights too I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I realise the passport/cruise ticket issue which is the reason why I am stressing....and I have booked all cruises under my maiden name in the past.

I have not booked a cruise in a year and I usually book with CCL which is in my maiden name and the account is already set up its just on the phone I stated my name (I use my married name as my passport isn't expired yet) and forget that it would go on my cruise ticket...I usually book online.

I realise the passport/cruise ticket issue which is the reason why I am stressing....and I have booked all cruises under my maiden name in the past.

I have not booked a cruise in a year and I usually book with CCL which is in my maiden name and the account is already set up its just on the phone I stated my name (I use my married name as my passport isn't expired yet) and forget that it would go on my cruise ticket...I usually book online.

I would try not to stress too much. My dad was booked in a room by himself and his complete name including Jr was not on the original booking but when I called Royal they were easily able to get his name on the booking to be an exact match. I think the biggest point here is this is a correction of the names not a change in the people going on the cruise.

Thanks for all the help and advice...I have really been stressing.

On the official RC UK site it says the same as the US one...one name must remain.

I am mainly stressed at the thought of cancelling the cruise (and loosing $150) or paying a crazy amount to name change when I booked the BOGHF it was to save moolah once on board.

In my head I want to ring up and say 'you guessed my husbands's name and didn't ask so you should correct the mistake' then once my husbands correct name is on use that as the original booking name and then change mine to my maiden name along with them spelling my name with KK.

Does that sound reasonable to ask? I am worried they will deny the guess name and not listen to recorded call...Tommy sounds nthing like my Husband's first name!

Just call them as soon as you can tomorrow and have the reservation fixed. Don't play games with them, tell the truth and have it fixed. They spelled your first name wrong but you provided the wrong last name. Tell them you are still using both your maiden and married name as you haven't changed all your identification yet and you made a mistake. As far as your husband's name, I find it hard to believe that they made up a name and you were never asked his name but things happened. Explain that his first name is just wrong and needs correcting. Where you just made the reservation today and they made errors, they will most likely correct them for no fee.

Do realize that they tape phone calls and can pull up the call to see what actually transpired so just go with the truth and have things fixed.

Like it was previously stated, say it is a name change and that RC

got it wrong and you did not catch it while you were on the phone with them.

You are not trying to substitute one person for another. Just get

the spelling correct.

Yes, why don't you get a passport with correct name?

I mainly worried they wont believe the 'Tommy' mix up and think I am tring to substitute another family member of with the same surname...even though I booked less than 12 hours ago.

Does anyone know if they will actually listen to the original call(s) because if thats the case they will hear 'tommy' never leaving my lips or even 'my husband mr ____' for that matter. They will also hear me stating that my name is KK.

Ergh...cant sleep and feel like I will be forced to cancel because they will deem it a new booking as both names will be altered.

Date of birth remains the same, right? So it really shouldn't be an issue for them to correct the error on their part.

Just checked that and its opened a whole can of worms.

They never asked for my date of birth and upon inspection both of those are completely wrong...I am apparently 50 (even though my voice is quite young as I am in my 20s).

I have worked out how everything transpired now...

I made an enquiry in the afternoon with a rep who when I discussed things with he asked for my email,name and tel so he could give me a reference number to call back with. These I gave him but he asked for nothing else. I gave that number to the second rep to get booked quickly.

Problem is rep 1 has random entered 'tommy' and random dates birth to send through the reference number then rep 2 took these as gospel. Because I rang up when out and about I rang back only with the reference number (as I was told to do they didn't tell me to check ym email etc) even though rep 1 had sent me an email with random details on it.

Niether rep asked me/confirmed my husbands name or who I was even travelling with and niether asked me/confirmed our dates of birth as well as any addresses....my address is booked in as my name and then just UNITED KINGDOM.

Really really unimpressed.