Classic Beverage Package

dustball

Now that they are offering this perk, I am wondering what we would be able to get with this?..... Will there be some mixed drink options? Are the majority of wines by the glass over this price? Does anyone that has done it recently have any thoughts?

I am sorry if this is repetitive. We are very new Celebrity (first cruise on Celebrity) cruisers and are wondering .....

We are also wondering about the teen club? Anyone have any experience on the Celebrity Eclipse?

Thanks all!

We really appreciate any advise!

Now that they are offering this perk, I am wondering what we would be able to get with this?..... Will there be some mixed drink options? Are the majority of wines by the glass over this price? Does anyone that has done it recently have any thoughts?

I am sorry if this is repetitive. We are very new Celebrity (first cruise on Celebrity) cruisers and are wondering .....

We are also wondering about the teen club? Anyone have any experience on the Celebrity Eclipse?

Thanks all!

We really appreciate any advise!

The Classic Package includes beer up to $6.00 per serving, spirits, cocktails, and frozen drinks priced up to $8.00 per serving, and wine up to $9.00 per serving (all per single serving) and the non-alcoholic beverages listed below. The following are examples of brands that are currently priced within the Classic Package. Please note that drink prices are subject to change at any time without prior notice and the brands listed below are not guaranteed to be included in the Classic Package.

Non- Alcoholic

Espresso, Cappuccino, Latte, NA Specialty Coffees etc., Additional Coffee Syrup, Extra Shot Espresso, Tea Forte, Can Soda, Soda by the Glass, Assorted Juices and Fresh Squeezed, Spring Bottled water, Arizona Iced Teas, NA cocktails and Smoothies

Beers (Up to $6.00)

Bud Light, Budweiser, Coors Lite, Miller Lite, Heineken Light, Heineken, Corona, Corona Light

Alaska- Alaskan Amber, Alaskan Brewing Pale Ale, Alaskan Brewing IPA

UK - John Smith's Extra Smooth

Spirits (Up to $8.00)

Vodka - Smirnoff, Absolut, Absolut Flavors, Stolichnaya, Stoli Flavors

Gin - Beefeater, Gordon's, Tanqueray

Tequila - Jose Cuervo Blanco, Cazadores Blanco, Cuervo Gold, Cazadores Resposado, Cazadores Blanco

Scotch - Cutty Sark, Bell’s, Chivas, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J&B

Bourbon/Brandy - Jim Beam, Martell VS, Jack Daniels

Rum - Bacardi, Bacardi Flavors, Myer's, Malibu, Bacardi Oakheart Spiced Rum, Bacardi 8

Aperitifs/Cordials - Campari, Pimms 1, Amaretto, Frangelico, Kahlua, Tia Maria, Cointreau, Chambord, Bailey’s Irish Cream, Drambuie

Wines (Up to $9.00)

We will continue to offer a large global assortment of red, white and sparkling wines by the glass

X Club Teens: For young adults, Celebrity offers the ultimate hangout place for teens, featuring social activities,the newest gaming consoles and titles, sports activities, even teens-only late night dances. All activities are hosted and supervised by Youth Counselors. Teen events and activities are set up so teens can join in all day or come and go as they choose.

We've had the Classic package on Celebrity and its equivalent elsewhere on numerous cruises and have never felt the need to upgrade.

Same here, we can get everything we want on the Classic pkg on Celebrity or the Premium on Royal. Have no need to upgrade.

Honestly unless you want high end craft beers and wine or regular size martinis at the martini bar, the Classic will be fine. Hubby could get his Jack and Sprite and I drink beer and a few mixed drinks so we were good. i could even get margaritas with Patrone so was very happy

Now that they are offering this perk, I am wondering what we would be able to get with this?.....

We found that it was a bit tricky. Many, many drinks were priced at .50 higher than the threshold for the classic drinks package, and you gt charged for the whole drink if you buy it -- not just the extra .50. So we did upgrade to the premium package and I'm glad we did. At the specialty restaurants, for example, the sommelier asked what package we had, and then she brought great selections for every course we ordered. We liked the martini bar and some of the other venues and would have been frustrated with just the classic. But it depends on what you want. I don't use mixers that often and if I'm drinking straight liquor, it has to be good. If you're a vodka tonic person, you don't need an upgrade.

We've had the classic package and never found it necessary to upgrade. There is a full list of what you can get with your package on the X website.:cool:

Same here, although I do admit it was 2013 so I dunno what availability has changed. The obvious reason to upgrade is if you like martinis, since those are on the premium package and the price for just one is about the upgrade cost for the whole day!

Same here, we can get everything we want on the Classic pkg on Celebrity or the Premium on Royal. Have no need to upgrade.

Honestly unless you want high end craft beers and wine or regular size martinis at the martini bar, the Classic will be fine. Hubby could get his Jack and Sprite and I drink beer and a few mixed drinks so we were good. i could even get margaritas with Patrone so was very happy

Agreed, if there are particular drinks you prefer that are outside the classic, then upgrade once on board.:D

I had the Classic Package on our recent 10 night cruise on the Constellation. Honestly, I could have gone through the cruise with the classic package, but friends we were with really enjoyed the Martini Bar and with the Classic package any beverage over the $9.00 limit required you to pay for the entire cost of that drink. So it was less expensive to upgrade to the Premium Package than to pay for one Martini Bar Martini an evening. Having the Premium Package also opened up better beers as well as far better wine by the glass.

My suggestion is to try it for a day or so, if you are happy with what is covered (and the bar staff was great with working with you to provide you a drink that the package covers) then all well and good. If you decide you want to upgrade, you can and just pay the extra $10.00 / day for the days you have left.

I had the Classic Package on our recent 10 night cruise on the Constellation. Honestly, I could have gone through the cruise with the classic package, but friends we were with really enjoyed the Martini Bar and with the Classic package any beverage over the $9.00 limit required you to pay for the entire cost of that drink. So it was less expensive to upgrade to the Premium Package than to pay for one Martini Bar Martini an evening. Having the Premium Package also opened up better beers as well as far better wine by the glass.

My suggestion is to try it for a day or so, if you are happy with what is covered (and the bar staff was great with working with you to provide you a drink that the package covers) then all well and good. If you decide you want to upgrade, you can and just pay the extra $10.00 / day for the days you have left.

Good advice.:D