1- 750 ml Wine or Champagne Allowance on 7/day cruise

2LoveBikes

1 bottle- 750 ml wine or champagne is allowed on HAL on 7/day cruise as well as some other cruise lines.

Does anyone know if your sailing days are; 14, 21 or more days if HAL will allow you to bring an extra bottle(s) as your allowance?

Are they still pulling you aside if you have only 1 bottle per person? Last fall in Boston (boarding Veendam), I told the x-ray guy that there were bottles of wine in a carry-on bag. I wasn't "confessing," I was concerned that he handle the bag carefully. Whoosh! The bag was carried to a special table before anything else had gone through the x-ray. I went to the table, gave our name and cabin number and the bottles got stickers. It was easy enough, but the way the guy grabbed the bag was surprising.

This winter in FLL (boarding Oosterdam), the bottles were in a carry-on bag with other stuff, and I didn't even think about them. I wasn't trying to hide them, and there were just the two bottles for the two of us. Nobody said anything. I don't even recall seeing a booze table. So if you've got no more bottles than you're entitled to, do they just let you through? Or was I an unintentional booze runner? :eek:

We usually carry on a case of wine so have spent a lot of time at that table ;) I have seen people being sent there for only one bottle many times. I feel sorry for them that they have to stand behind us and wait until our case is processed only to be told when their turn comes up that they are good to go but I don't make the rules.