elegant night with anytime dining

Is there an elegant night in the anytime dining room? If so, what is the dress code? Must men wear a suit and tie and women a dress? Thank you for ANY information you can give me.

Yes...it's the same as the regular elegant night.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1125/~/what-to-wear%3F

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo

Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown

Not permitted for both men and women: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, t-shirts, sportswear, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

I simply wear a collared golf polo like shirt and long pants.

Edited by Wooshers

A little off topic, but do the waiter perform in ATD? Going on the Dream in May and it is the first cruise for my sister-in-law and I think she will enjoy the waiters. I cruise often but always choose late seating so I do not know much about ATD.

Everything is the same!! YTD is not a lower class choice with fewer options. The dress code is the same. The menu is the same . The entertainment is the same.

The only difference is you can choose when you'd like to dine and you can choose to sit with only your own group/partner or with others. You can also still get the same wait staff every night by just asking to be seated in the same area.

It's the same dining room, so entertainment, dress, meals are all the same. We had about a 20 minute wait last year on Magic on one of the formal nights for 6 of us. The other nights we went right in.

Some ships have one dining room with separate sections for traditional dining and/Anytime dining.

Some ships have 2 dining rooms where one is reserved for Anytime dining.

I don't plan my dinner around the time to see singing waiters. It is cute but not wonderful enough for me to worry about that!

Slightly off topic.....the best description I have seen between set dining time and YTD:

Set dining time is like having a reservation at a restaurant for the same time and table every night.

YTD (your time dining) You arrive at the same restaurant, you do not have a reservation. You ask to be seated and wait until a table to accommodate you is available.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

The two couples might get seated before your party of 8 because there are more two and four tops and very few 8 tops.

If you have early you really need to be there on time. That table has someone coming in at 8:15. It is disrespectful to your tablemates and the wait staff to arrive late.

Just FYI, the website and FunTImes on the ships don't match. On Elegant night on the ship there is NO prohibition of Jeans; but there is on the website.

I was on the Liberty last week and witnessed the hostess telling someone that they could not come into the dining room on elegant night with jeans on. That was a first for me

I was on the Liberty last week and witnessed the hostess telling someone that they could not come into the dining room on elegant night with jeans on. That was a first for me

I was on the Victory 2 months ago and saved my FunTimes for reference. There is no mention of Jeans being prohibited on Elegant night.

maybe each ship has some leeway on this.

I think it does vary by ship. Galveston is my home port so most of my cruises depart from that location. In Texas, I think starched jeans are considered formal wear. I have seen many, many men and women on cruise elegant night in jeans.

I think it does vary by ship. Galveston is my home port so most of my cruises depart from that location. In Texas, I think starched jeans are considered formal wear. I have seen many, many men and women on cruise elegant night in jeans.

:eek: Maybe in some country and western dance hall. (Which Galveston does not have) I have never met a person more redneck than my dad, and he would NEVER wear jeans to a formal occasion. Western suit, yes, with a bolo tie. Our problem with him was convincing him his western hat is not appropriate.:rolleyes: My husband has to wear a suit to work and believe me, his suit pants aren't jeans. Just saying.....