Sunshine Norovirus

Chianti Gal

I am booked March 5 on the sunshine so I called Carnival today to find out if there's been any delays due to the Nora virus. I was told there are no delays at this point.

Probably because they have no clue in Miami. Better reporting on CC. FYi should have asked about NORO. Nora isn't on the next cruise. Have a great trip.:D

All winter long is "noro season"...anywhere! Not just on ships! The problem with this virus is you can transmit it BEFORE you have symptoms! By the time YOU get ill, you've been in contact with others, who you've now potentially given it to....that's why it's so hard to control!

If you are actively having symptoms, you will not leave the vicinity of your bathroom....so no traveling will be in your immediate future!

I wouldn't worry about a delay due to it.

Keith

Not a delay, but historically the cruise after the outbreak, even with promises of scrub down, seems to have the worst outbreak.

And yes, wash those hands and avoid the sanitizers and ketchup bottles, as well as underneath the seat of your chair.

I am booked March 5 on the sunshine so I called Carnival today to find out if there's been any delays due to the Nora virus. I was told there are no delays at this point.

I think I remember that in the past Carnival will delay embarkation long enough to thoroughly wipe down surfaces on the ship. So you might have a plan B for that just in case, like maybe considering how you might spend a few extra hours in your embarkation city. If it were me, I'd probably take a few extra supplies with me, like antibacterial wipes, hand sanitizer, GI meds, etc. Also be sure you are signed up to receive text alerts from Carnival in your online check-in area.

Best wishes for a great cruise!

Edited by winddawn

Sister and I just sailed the Victory on Feb 28th, and she received the "gift" of Norovirus. The worst sickness ever, and nothing helps calm it. Plus, we sanitized EVERYTIME and still this happened. The ships Dr, handed her pepto and said drink it all, when we asked about spreading it, he said, it was already spread and there is nothing the ship needs to do. :confused::confused:

Not a delay, but historically the cruise after the outbreak, even with promises of scrub down, seems to have the worst outbreak.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out a delay. A few years ago on Princess (yes, different line, but same parent company) they didn't begin boarding until around 6 pm because they were cleaning from a noro outbreak. They had us wait in the nearby Ft. Lauderdale Convention Center, which was good. At least we weren't stuck standing on the sidewalk or crammed into the terminal.

But in the end, the cleaning didn't help. The ship turned back before we even reached our first port of Aruba due to another outbreak. They handled it well though and gave us fair compensation.

I was one of the victims. I mostly just slept for a couple of days, rather than being violently ill. I'd wake up, think "Hey, I actually feel OK", spend 15 minutes trying to get up enough energy to finally go to the bathroom, which exhausted me so much that I'd fall asleep for a few more hours and start the whole process over again.