Loyalty Match Question

Cruisermom2nick

I submitted my SPG gold status for matching...I wonder what I will get back? I'm also Hilton gold I believe, Delta Silver, RCCL Emerald, I'm hoping I picked the right loyalty to submit.

Hoepfully you can resubmit a different one. See below:

SPG Gold = MSC Silver

Hilton Gold = MSC SIlver

RCCL Emerald = MSC Gold

Bret

Hoepfully you can resubmit a different one. See below:

SPG Gold = MSC Silver

Hilton Gold = MSC SIlver

RCCL Emerald = MSC Gold

Bret

The T&Cs say you can only match on one occasion so a second go is not on the cards

Quote:-

T&C

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

** Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel programme benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards (Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer).

We have booked our first cruise with MSC and based on our Elite Plus status with Celebrity we were given MSC Black.

My question is about the 5% discount. Is that given after our booking and prior to our final payment?

We have booked our first cruise with MSC and based on our Elite Plus status with Celebrity we were given MSC Black.

My question is about the 5% discount. Is that given after our booking and prior to our final payment?

It is a fair question, Like you, we recently took advantage of the match program to get our MSC Black. We then booked a 21 day MSC Cruise in the Yacht Club...through one of our favorite cruise agencies (where we get a generous OBC you will not get from the cruise line) and were surprised that the online pricing did not include the 5% discount. Se we made a quick call to the cru5%ise agency and they told us that there was a software issue with MSC...that simply refused to give the 5% discount...even if you imput a valid MSC Black Code. So our cruise agency put us on hold (while they called MSC) and we had our 5% within a few minutes. We assume that the problem our cruise agency has is similar at some other agencies... This sounds like a software issue...and hopefully it will soon be corrected.

Hank

It is a fair question, Like you, we recently took advantage of the match program to get our MSC Black. We then booked a 21 day MSC Cruise in the Yacht Club...through one of our favorite cruise agencies (where we get a generous OBC you will not get from the cruise line) and were surprised that the online pricing did not include the 5% discount. Se we made a quick call to the cru5%ise agency and they told us that there was a software issue with MSC...that simply refused to give the 5% discount...even if you imput a valid MSC Black Code. So our cruise agency put us on hold (while they called MSC) and we had our 5% within a few minutes. We assume that the problem our cruise agency has is similar at some other agencies... This sounds like a software issue...and hopefully it will soon be corrected.

Hank

We booked in the YC Seaside and had Black match status. The booking did not show the 5% discount.

I called MSC and they said since we booked through a cruise agency ( online agency had 10% cash back ) they said call the agency. I called the agency, they put me on hold as the called MSC.... got the 5% .

The T&Cs say you can only match on one occasion so a second go is not on the cards

Quote:-

T&C

*MSC Cruises will only consider benefit cards from other Cruising companies, Hotels and/or Tour Operators. Airline Company benefit cards are excluded.

** Matching is carried out by comparing as much as reasonably possible the level of benefits guaranteed from the external travel programme benefit card with those offered by the MSC Voyagers Club cards (Conversion will be executed by MSC Cruises based on objective criteria and may only be done once per consumer).

If I could add to this list IHG Platinum got MSC silver and Accor Platinum got matched with MSC Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder if I could get status matched from Carnival Platinum to MSC Black if I sent in a cruise history which shows I have 177 days? Based on their levels, that is more than enough nights for the MSC Black. Any opinions?

If not, I will wait until after my January cruise on NCL which will make me Platinum with NCL to apply for the status match.

Thanks,

They do not consider the number of days, only the status level. If you are Platinum on Carnival they match you to Gold on MSC.

That's true. I spoke to a rep from the Voyager Club. I am Platinum on Carnival, and will be Platinum on NCL in Feb. She told me to wait until Feb. to put in for the match.

Mike

What proof of evidence do I need to give when matching? Do they just need a screen shot of the other CL's website?

That's exactly what I submitted.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

That's exactly what I submitted.

Thanks. Good to know it is painless.

I was thinking about booking MSC years ago, but we didn't do it b/c of scheduling conflicts. I am willing to try MSC due to everyone raving about it.

Well, applying is painless; waiting for the response not so much. If you don't hear right away (2-3 days), go online and set up an account. You may find that you've been matched, but someone forgot to tell you. If you go for over two weeks without any progress, resend the application. Some people wait longer. Mine went through quickly, but I was never notified. DH's wasn't showing up at all, so I reapplied. That very day, he received an email with his match.

Just wondering we booked a Cuba Cruise but had to book it through "Sunwing" in Canada. Would we get any of the status match items, i am guessing we would not get the 5% because it is an all inclusive price but was hoping to be able to receive the other items. I will not sign up for status match now if we do not and wait if we were to do another MSC cruise in the future. Anyone have experience with this. Thank you!!

• 5 months later...
I applied for the status match on Tues., Jan 2.

I have not heard back.

How long should I wait?

And then, what should I do, resubmit? call?

Same here. We also applied on Jan 2nd, was assigned a number in our profile but can't actually apply the number to the booking we already made (if that makes sense?). I am going to wait a few more days and then call.

I applied for the status match on Tues., Jan 2.

I have not heard back.

How long should I wait?

And then, what should I do, resubmit? call?

FWIW I submitted a status match for both my husband and I just after Christmas. He got his response the next day. I still have nothing from them. I'm going to call next week if I don't hear by then.

Update...got an email from MSC today with my status match. The wait was 2 weeks where my husband waited one day. Hubby and I are both Emerald on RCL and I submitted both at the same time for status match. Well, he was matched to MSC gold and mine is silver. [emoji848] guess I will be making that phone call tomorrow.