Loyalty Match Question

Cruisermom2nick

Seems like people already know that IHG Platinum matches to MSC Silver but want to clarify that I was able to get the 5% discount applied even though I'd booked my cruise weeks before.

I applied right before Jan 1 (can't remember the exact date) and I got a response on Jan 6th, so a week or so later. I then emailed my TA and she called MSC today (1/8) and was able to get the 5% discount applied to the cruise I'd already booked on 12/21.

We received our email today (YAY!!)...about a week later also. Marriott Platinum Elite = MSC Black[emoji106]! Does anyone know what Hilton HHonors Gold is compared to on MSC?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can tell you our Hilton Silver equates to MSC Silver so I’m thinking gold would get you gold at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

First-time MSC cruiser here as we normally sail NCL. Booked Seaside YC suite on Fri, scanned/e-mailed our status match request for NCL Platinum (both wife and I) on Sat, we got e-mailed today confirming BLACK in MSC Voyagers Club for both. Pretty impressed they were that quick! :cool:

OK Here is what I see when I log in- "

Points1 Points (2199 till Silver MSC Voyagers Club member card)"But I am still confused as to what this means! :confused:

The MSC loyalty program is crap unless you have enough nights to get above their levels. They always put you at the bottom of the level and don't really match nights.

For example, I had 21 nights with Carnival and MSC gave me the Classic membership with 100 points. You get 100 points just for signing up as a new member. The loyalty match did nothing. To add insult to injury, I'm missing pooints from previous cruises with them. They're so disorganized and inconsistent at their Voyagers Club. Trying to get missing points from them is like pulling teeth. You can't call the Voyagers Club as they only take emails.

The MSC loyalty program is crap unless you have enough nights to get above their levels. They always put you at the bottom of the level and don't really match nights.

For example, I had 21 nights with Carnival and MSC gave me the Classic membership with 100 points. You get 100 points just for signing up as a new member. The loyalty match did nothing. To add insult to injury, I'm missing pooints from previous cruises with them. They're so disorganized and inconsistent at their Voyagers Club. Trying to get missing points from them is like pulling teeth. You can't call the Voyagers Club as they only take emails.

Hmmm, that sounds fishy. We had them match our loyalty club from Costa (2 cruises) and MSC gave us Silver status. You should have gotten Black with having had 21 nights w/ Carnival!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmm, that sounds fishy. We had them match our loyalty club from Costa (2 cruises) and MSC gave us Silver status. You should have gotten Black with having had 21 nights w/ Carnival!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is matched to equivalent level not number of nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

21 nights isn't much, quite honestly, and it doesn't get you a lot of status in any cruise line loyalty program. Matching to Black requires more like 75 or more nights on most other lines.

We had just booked a YC suite on the seaside last week ( first time on MSC). After reading this thread I sent in my husbands Fairmont Platinum card for status match- a couple of days later received notice that he was matched to MSC black. I didn’t realize at first that hotel loyalty would count so for myself I sent in my NCL silver card- haven’t heard back about that

What was most surprising is that with the Black card status we received a 5% reduction in the cost of the cruise we had already booked! So that was well worth it and quite a nice benefit.

21 nights isn't much, quite honestly, and it doesn't get you a lot of status in any cruise line loyalty program. Matching to Black requires more like 75 or more nights on most other lines.

Yeah, I'm just surprised that someone like me with two cruises under his belt with another line got Silver status and another with 21 nights (presumable at LEAST 2 cruises) gets the entry level one. Weird...

We had just booked a YC suite on the seaside last week ( first time on MSC). After reading this thread I sent in my husbands Fairmont Platinum card for status match- a couple of days later received notice that he was matched to MSC black. I didn’t realize at first that hotel loyalty would count so for myself I sent in my NCL silver card- haven’t heard back about that

What was most surprising is that with the Black card status we received a 5% reduction in the cost of the cruise we had already booked! So that was well worth it and quite a nice benefit.

All levels of membership, except welcome. get 5% discount, it's not because you have been made a black member

I have been trying since November to get my status match, Diamond Plus with Royal Caribbean so it's Black with MSC. My third attempt was Jan 9 with calls and emails, still no response. I have a cruise booked and would like to get in my record.

All levels of membership, except welcome. get 5% discount, it's not because you have been made a black member

Yes. I was just commenting that they applied it to a cruise that we had already booked ( our first on MSC). I was not expecting that as I figured it will just be for future cruises

Although some recent reviews have me questioning whether we will go- luckily we have many months before the cruise so will wait and see if things improve

In 2 days I received my black card.

I never complain about any of the loyalty programs from any cruise line. They have all given me something that cost me nothing as I don't stay with one cruise line just to move up the ladder with that line. I will probably never go back to Royal but happy I sailed enough with them to be eligible for the program MSC has offered me!

Happy I branched out to NCL and excited to try MSC :D

• 3 months later...