50th Surprise birthday!!

ted1994

Hi Everyone!!

Just wondering if anyone could give some advice and suggestions!

I have just booked a surprise cruise for my dads 50th Birthday. He is aware we are going on the cruise and that there will be 6 of us in total going but he isn't aware that they is actually 24 of his close family and friends joining us!

I have previously cruised 15+ times with Royal Caribbean but have booked a P&O cruise on Ventura for his birthday. I have never cruised with P&O before so not sure on the things they do on board for birthdays!

Although his birthday is not while we are on the cruise (It is the week after) I was wanting to make it special for him while we are on board.

I have already arranged for everyone to surprise him when we get on board and I have ordered masks of his face for everyone and tshirts.

We are on board for 4 nights in total and I wanted to arrange for one evening for us to celebrate his birthday. I was going to take some things on board such as decorations to decorate the table with one evening but wondered if anyone had any experience or suggestions of what else I can do to make the evening extra special for him. I wondered if P&O allowed decorating the table etc?

Thanks everyone

x

Thanks im new to this not really sure how to use it yet! Followed your link- Thanks again x

You're welcome, and I hope your celebration works perfectly. I think a cruise is a wonderful way to share a special time among friends and family.

I have already arranged for everyone to surprise him when we get on board and I have ordered masks of his face for everyone and tshirts.

I think this is an hysterical idea. Love it.

I don't know about your cruise line but on Princess you can arrange in advance for an actual cake on board. You pay extra but it was a minimal amount. We did this one time when my grandson's birthday was the day we boarded and being only 5 it was important to have a cake. It was phenomenal.

You can also bring your own decorations and decorate his cabin. Maybe get some magnetic signs that say "birthday boy" or something and put them on the outside of the door. Just realize that anything on the door is subject to being stolen. Make sure if you use tape that it won't damage the walls.

x

LOL, I have done the masks for my brother and his dear wife, love it! The photos I used had brother sticking out his tongue, and poor wife's pictured her when she was wearing fake rotten teeth. :p

I wish you all the best and have a wonderful celebration cruise!

My first thought, however, is that the assorted family and friends need to stay clear of him in the terminal while boarding! What if he sees them? I think you should work that out, have a plan of some sort.

I think this is an hysterical idea. Love it.

I don't know about your cruise line but on Princess you can arrange in advance for an actual cake on board. You pay extra but it was a minimal amount. We did this one time when my grandson's birthday was the day we boarded and being only 5 it was important to have a cake. It was phenomenal.

You can also bring your own decorations and decorate his cabin. Maybe get some magnetic signs that say "birthday boy" or something and put them on the outside of the door. Just realize that anything on the door is subject to being stolen. Make sure if you use tape that it won't damage the walls.

Thanks so much for your reply- I will look into all of this. Cant wait and hope all the planning pays off!

How lovely, what a wonderful surprise. I wish you luck in getting it organised and the surprise being kept.:D

Thank you so much! going to be hard to keep it all a surprise especially trying to get everyone on the ship before him! Fingers crossed!

I wish you all the best and have a wonderful celebration cruise!

My first thought, however, is that the assorted family and friends need to stay clear of him in the terminal while boarding! What if he sees them? I think you should work that out, have a plan of some sort.

Thank you!

That is definitely going to be the hardest part! We are hoping to get everyone checked in before me and my dad come to the port. They are all staying in a hotel the night before to get there for ship opening time. Fingers crossed it all works!