Latitudes Top Tear Gift

FranknBeans

A free meal in a specialty would be more appreciated than the garbage they give you for milestone gifts. It would be hard to find more insulting garbage to give to your most loyal customers. Do they not know it is a complete joke?

A complete restructure of the latitudes program could keep you chasing the next tier. Once you hit platinum there is no incentive to chase points. Milestone gifts that you need to be on a cruise to redeem is a win for both the cruise line and the guest. They should be able to step it up from picture frames and a cheap atlas to a number of things like free meals, photos, beverages & upgrades.

I think it would take at least a first grade education to be able to devise something more creative than their current milestone "thank you" (more like slap in the face) gifts.

Edited by kdzkatz

A free meal in a specialty would be more appreciated than the garbage they give you for milestone gifts. It would be hard to find more insulting garbage to give to your most loyal customers. Do they not know it is a complete joke?

A complete restructure of the latitudes program could keep you chasing the next tier. Once you hit platinum there is no incentive to chase points. Milestone gifts that you need to be on a cruise to redeem is a win for both the cruise line and the guest. They should be able to step it up from picture frames and a cheap atlas to a number of things like free meals, photos, beverages & upgrades.

I think it would take at least a first grade education to be able to devise something more creative than their current milestone "thank you" (more like slap in the face) gifts.

I agree.

On our last cruise in January, the Platinum dinner perk has been reduced to dinners only in Le Bistro and La Cucina with restrictions on what you can even order.

My atlas is sitting in a drawer :rolleyes:

Rec'd today two leather bound atlas books.

What are you to do with these, use them as fire starter.

Wow is that the best NCL can do.

I find they're better used to look up places in the world. The leather doesn't burn so well.

I guess NCL could simply NOT give you an extra gift....

...to a number of things like free meals, photos, beverages & upgrades.

I just packed mine, to be able to map where we are in the fjords.

Photos? Beverages? no thanks. Don't need 'em, and already have 'em.

Free internet, would be okay.

How about just some unrestricted stateroom credit for each milestone. They could make it a little fancier by sending you a card announcement that you redeem on a future cruise at guest services or something. Think that would work for everyone and at every level.

I totally agree.

I just packed mine, to be able to map where we are in the fjords.

Photos? Beverages? no thanks. Don't need 'em, and already have 'em.

Free internet, would be okay.

Are you saying you would rather have the garbage they give you now instead of a cheap bottle of wine? I very rarely drink and I would rather have the wine. Also, those are just examples. I almost think a free meal at an inclusive restaurant is less offensive than the jokes they currently send. Think of the money they would save on shipping if the milestone reward was something given while on a cruise.

It is scary that alleged educated people are still using their current system of milestone rewards. In an earlier post I mentioned a first grade education could figure this out....I think I need to lower that to a pre school level education at most could figure out how to better reward the most valued customers.

Got any pics of the gift?
You can bid on this one:

NCL Latitudes VIP Traveler's Atlas.

Think of the money they would save on shipping if the milestone reward was something given while on a cruise.

You're right, they should e-mail you a voucher to print out and redeem on board for… a leather-bound atlas. :D Edited by hawkeyetlse

Are you saying you would rather have the garbage they give you now instead of a cheap bottle of wine? I very rarely drink and I would rather have the wine. Also, those are just examples. I almost think a free meal at an inclusive restaurant is less offensive than the jokes they currently send. Think of the money they would save on shipping if the milestone reward was something given while on a cruise.

It is scary that alleged educated people are still using their current system of milestone rewards. In an earlier post I mentioned a first grade education could figure this out....I think I need to lower that to a pre school level education at most could figure out how to better reward the most valued customers.

Absolutely. I had 7 bottles of crap wine to give away on my last cruise. And I bought 10 other bottles. A credit toward wine...sure.

Glad to know what I have to look forward to ;) That is a shame they don't provide higher quality/more useful gifts. I agree with everyone who suggested they should make something of higher value/quality that you redeem on board your next cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Looking at the benefits for being a Platinum Latitudes member, other than getting those lovely atlases, the laundry and the free ship tour, aren't the perks for someone who books in the Haven equal (or perhaps even better) than a Platinum member? (I am assuming that when booking in the Haven, one will get the dining, beverage and Internet packages.) Plus things like preferred theater seating and exclusive embarkation lounge (that are not available to the Platinum member?...)

Doesn't really seem fair to the long-time NCL cruisers but I guess it is what it is...

RK

NCL bought thousands of those gifts at a warehouse clearance sale and won't be changing the rewards until they run out of stock. Who needs an outdated atlas in this day and age? A cheap picture frame? I shouldn't complain because they are free, but are also a bit insulting.

NCL bought thousands of those gifts at a warehouse clearance sale and won't be changing the rewards until they run out of stock. Who needs an outdated atlas in this day and age? A cheap picture frame? I shouldn't complain because they are free, but are also a bit insulting.

It's not just a bit insulting its just plain insulting period. In the day and age of internet, gps, smart phones ety there is no need for garbage maps in a book that you need a magnifying glass to see anything.

Hey NCL here's thought, how about an ereader, if you bought them in bulk the cost probably pick them up for $25 a piece. At least a $100 value and USEFUL.

It's not just a bit insulting its just plain insulting period. In the day and age of internet, gps, smart phones ety there is no need for garbage maps in a book that you need a magnifying glass to see anything.

Hey NCL here's thought, how about an ereader, if you bought them in bulk the cost probably pick them up for $25 a piece. At least a $100 value and USEFUL.

How many gadgets do I need to read a book. I have an Ipad, Kindle and my smart phone. An ereader would not be useful for a lot of folks and they would feel the same as you feel toward the atlas. This just points out that not everyone will be happy with what the gift is.

I'm grateful for the Platinum perks, which really do provide an incentive for us to look at NCL early in our planning process. If additional perks for a higher level were added, I would favor OBC.

When you're a number of cruises above the threshold for the highest loyalty level on another line we sail fairly often, they give a small OBC ($25, if I recall correctly). We enjoy it because we can use it for anything on the ship. I realize this would probably cost NCL more than the atlas, but I think it would be more appreciated.