Latitudes Top Tear Gift

FranknBeans

How many gadgets do I need to read a book. I have an Ipad, Kindle and my smart phone. An ereader would not be useful for a lot of folks and they would feel the same as you feel toward the atlas. This just points out that not everyone will be happy with what the gift is.

Good for you and I'm glad to see your so good at analyzing.:rolleyes:

Oh and I don't and never will own a cell or smart phone or ipad but I do own an e reader and I'm on my 3rd one.

Edited by FranknBeans

I'm grateful for the Platinum perks, which really do provide an incentive for us to look at NCL early in our planning process. If additional perks for a higher level were added, I would favor OBC.

When you're a number of cruises above the threshold for the highest loyalty level on another line we sail fairly often, they give a small OBC ($25, if I recall correctly). We enjoy it because we can use it for anything on the ship. I realize this would probably cost NCL more than the atlas, but I think it would be more appreciated.

I agree with you that I think OBC would be the most popular and it wouldn't cost the cruise line nearly $25. It may cost a bit more than the atlas' they found in a dumpster somewhere but it would be much better received I think.

I agree with you that I think OBC would be the most popular and it wouldn't cost the cruise line nearly $25. It may cost a bit more than the atlas' they found in a dumpster somewhere but it would be much better received I think.

How about 0.5% off the cruise price at 250 Days; 1% at 500 Days and 2.5% at 1000 Days. For 1 cruise a year.

That would be an incentive. to take more and longer cruises; a win-win situation.

Mike

Tangible offers for the loyalty program would be better.

Discount coupons combinable with other offers. First crack at passes online (like Vibe or whatever). Dining w/ officers (some people like that). Reduced single supplements. Preferred access to upgrades/upsells. Priority dining/wait list seating.

NCL could take a page out of RCI's book.

I think something simple like this:

250 point milestone - $25 OBC

500 point milestone - $50 OBC

1000 point milestone - $100 OBC

If they really wanted to step it up a notch they should add that to the list of perks for every cruise (minimum 6 days) until they hit the next level. Kind of like how Platinum gets their perks for every cruise thereafter.

Edited by kdzkatz

Sounds paltry.

To reach 500 points, I would need 72 7-day cruises valued at 1 point per day or 24 7-day cruises valued at 3 points per day (1+1 suite+1 9 month).

For $50? Nah... I'd rather have some service perks that keep on giving between milestones.

If they really wanted to step it up a notch they should add that to the list of perks for every cruise (minimum 6 days) until they hit the next level. Kind of like how Platinum gets their perks for every cruise thereafter.

But add a 750 "Point" also.

Mike

Sounds paltry.

To reach 500 points, I would need 72 7-day cruises valued at 1 point per day or 24 7-day cruises valued at 3 points per day (1+1 suite+1 9 month).

For $50? Nah... I'd rather have some service perks that keep on giving between milestones.

Remember that these would be added to the perks you already get.

Mike

But are the latest NCL innovations what is producing all the negativity on CC?

No, not for me anyway. Negative Nancy and Debbie Downer will always be around.

I"ve got no problem with NCL. Just booked today for April 2017 -- this time a forward PH. As I said in another thread, the price point was right for me -- a little higher than my upcoming trip but not by much.

Most of NCL's changes simply do not apply to me or are very insignificant. Which I suspect is the case for people who are actually booked on an NCL cruise. I personally believe that much -- certainly not all -- of the "negativity" here originates from people with no current bookings.

But are the latest NCL innovations what is producing all the negativity on CC?

Mike

I think it is because of all the changes in such a short amount of time since FDR took over

Everything has raised the price for the consumer and not with adding value

JM2cents

I have to disagree with you. I got my atlas today and I am thrilled with it. I had frankly forgotten that I was to get a gift. This one is MUCH nicer than the one I bought myself last year for my birthday. THANK YOU Norwegian!!

It's not just a bit insulting its just plain insulting period. In the day and age of internet, gps, smart phones ety there is no need for garbage maps in a book that you need a magnifying glass to see anything.

I agree that they could have a much better gift.

I don't agree that smart phones are better for mapreading than a book. I love to look at maps in books and the best day of the year is when I get the new paper brochure from NCL!!!

Tangible offers for the loyalty program would be better.

Discount coupons combinable with other offers. First crack at passes online (like Vibe or whatever). Dining w/ officers (some people like that). Reduced single supplements. Preferred access to upgrades/upsells. Priority dining/wait list seating.

NCL could take a page out of RCI's book.

Yes, they could. Sailed on a horrible RCCL ship one time and the Diamonds (who are very proud of their status) were saying the rewards are the only reason they come back again and again. I was very pleased to get the platinum awards after only 75 days and thought them very generous at the time. Sorry to hear they are being scaled back but not surprised. Program needs to be revised to give incentives to accumulate more than 75 days. Most of us do not need more clutter around the house and it's hard to find a gift that suits everyone. Onboard credit or additional perks used onboard are best. Celebrity and RCCL give internet minutes and free drinks (either daily reception or drink coupons) along with some laundry. HAL's program doesn't give much at all of any significance until you reach 200 days and then it's only free laundry that amounts to much. I think it's 500 days before you get a free specialty meal. NCL's is far more generous. Nice thing about Celebrity and RCCL is that once you are diamond or elite the other line recognizes your status and you get the perks. Gives an incentive to come back. We are close to elite on X but will only go back on RCCL once we hit that mark and get the perks.

I've been cruising over 30 years and have gone on over 100 cruises. I am elite on Princess, Diamond on Carnival, Platinum on NCL, Diamond/Elite on Celebrity and RCI, low on HAL. :)

I sailed NCL the most, and have been Platinum over 10 years. At the time I got it, you had to sail 14 cruises. I was frequently the only Platinum on board, for a few years. I got, nice gifts and cpt dinner invites. :)

Now- there are thousands of those higher tier people. Cruising isn't a once/year trip for many so it doesn't take long to get your points. Overall it's pretty easy.

With that said, sure the perks are going to be watered down, it's all about revenue. Even $10 per perk passenger has a bottom financial line. I'd rather have the lower rates and not advocate for more spending. Flame away. :)

I've been cruising over 30 years and have gone on over 100 cruises. I am elite on Princess, Diamond on Carnival, Platinum on NCL, Diamond/Elite on Celebrity and RCI, low on HAL. :)

I sailed NCL the most, and have been Platinum over 10 years. At the time I got it, you had to sail 14 cruises. I was frequently the only Platinum on board, for a few years. I got, nice gifts and cpt dinner invites. :)

Now- there are thousands of those higher tier people. Cruising isn't a once/year trip for many so it doesn't take long to get your points. Overall it's pretty easy.

With that said, sure the perks are going to be watered down, it's all about revenue. Even $10 per perk passenger has a bottom financial line. I'd rather have the lower rates and not advocate for more spending. Flame away. :)

I agree, I'd rather have the lower fares.

The entire Latitudes program needs a serious make-over......it's just too easy to get to platinum and little incentive to continue. Perhaps base it on cruise fare? Add more tiers or levels?

The entire Latitudes program needs a serious make-over......it's just too easy to get to platinum and little incentive to continue. Perhaps base it on cruise fare? Add more tiers or levels?

Totally agree. Far too simple with the ability to double or even triple the points for 1 cruise.

Mike

All right....how many years since we have all asked for a platinum plus? I do not think anything different will ever happen. They have us. No need to try and keep us because we keep going back. I still chuckle at my little pleather atlas and think of all the nice things that happen on the ships because we are repeat customers...c'mon...if it sucked...we would not keep sailing with them.

coka