Soda Package/Freestyle Machines

We were on the Independence this past June and there was no Freestyle Coke Machine on board. :mad: Kinda sucked because all the kids (and between all the families we have a lot) had to go to bars and wait in line to get their soda and then no fancy flavors. Yes, there are waiters in the pool area and they do their best but there just aren't as many as in years past so it sometimes takes a while to get service. Ultimately, it didn't affect the cruise and we're going on her again but thought it should be noted that not every ship has these machines.

We were on the Independence this past June and there was no Freestyle Coke Machine on board. :mad: Kinda sucked because all the kids (and between all the families we have a lot) had to go to bars and wait in line to get their soda and then no fancy flavors. Yes, there are waiters in the pool area and they do their best but there just aren't as many as in years past so it sometimes takes a while to get service. Ultimately, it didn't affect the cruise and we're going on her again but thought it should be noted that not every ship has these machines.

Going on indy next year and was hoping they had them! 😢

Anyone know if navigator has them?!

I am contemplating getting my son the soda package for the freestyle machine. Do you have to always lug around that mug? If you do not always have it in your posession, are you not able to get a soda? I can see my son sometimes forgetting to bring it and leaving it back at the room. If you do get the soda package, do you always have to only get the soda from that machine, or can you also ask for a soda can from a bar, etc.? I'm not really sure how it works.

I have only read some of the replies so far, will go back and finish, but you don't need the cup at dinner, once the waiters see you have the soda package they will have one ready for you when you arrive at dinner. As mentioned you can get a limited selection of drink in a class with ice, no cans, but a kid at one of the bars can be virtually ignored for a long time.

I may be mistaken but I think only ships that are in the US year round have the machines.

Interesting point. Never thought of that as a possibility. But I still don't understand why they can't have them on all their ships. I would think it would make their life easier. Sure does the passengers (well, mostly). Not like they need to go into drydock to install these.:D

Erika

Interesting point. Never thought of that as a possibility. But I still don't understand why they can't have them on all their ships. I would think it would make their life easier. Sure does the passengers (well, mostly). Not like they need to go into drydock to install these.:D

Erika

Supposedly, they are only on the ships based out of the US year round because of the lack of availability of service and supplies in other homeports.

I have only read some of the replies so far, will go back and finish, but you don't need the cup at dinner, once the waiters see you have the soda package they will have one ready for you when you arrive at dinner. As mentioned you can get a limited selection of drink in a class with ice, no cans, but a kid at one of the bars can be virtually ignored for a long time.

You don't need your mug in the dining room. Your sea pass has a sticker or logo on it. That shows, you have paid for the soda package or higher packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You don't need your mug in the dining room. Your sea pass has a sticker or logo on it. That shows, you have paid for the soda package or higher packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think th at is what i said.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

The machines have a waiting time of about 15 minutes. But the bar does not. ;) :)

Last weekend on the Anthem, I filled my cup and had to dump it as there was no syrup. Tried to refill with a different flavor and it told me I had to wait 2 minutes.

Does anyone know if there are more than just two Freestyle machines onboard the Anthem?

We were on the Jewel at Thanksgiving and there was only two machines, in the Windjammer, and if we wanted to get something, like Diet Mr. Pibb, I would go down there and the doors would be shut like you couldn't get in. I really think they need to have more of them around so that they are readily available.

• 4 months later...
Are all of the flavors listed on this link available on the FreeStyle machines? We will be on the Freedom in September. Diet root beer is our favorite soda -- is that on Freedom's machines?

This post has a list of the flavors onboard:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=41963551&postcount=2

Is there a waiting time to repeat after self-service in a fountain machine with those souvenir glasses? Can I ask for a soda in a bar immediately after being served by a machine?

Yes, there is a 15 minute wait and you can go immediately to a bar.

[quote name=moopetguy;49318111

So if you haven't actually filled your cup all the way (e.g. waiting for the carbonation to settle down)' date=' don't wait too long before pushing the dispense button again, or it'll time out and you're stuck for 15 minutes with a half-filled cup [/quote]

Just don't remove your cup from the machine and you can fill it up to the top no problem, but if you move it, your done. The 15 minute delay has only bothered me twice. Once I was getting my wife the light lemonade, she buys this specifically for that flavor, and she wasn't with me, but after less than 1 second it went to MAKE ANOTHER SELECTION. There was another machine right next to me and it had the light lemonade, but I was locked out for 15 minutes. The next time was I filled my cup with Coke zero only to find it was nasty flat tasting, It took me 8 minutes to walk from the promenade on Allure to the Wipeout Cafe, so I still had 7 minutes to wait.

Supposedly, they are only on the ships based out of the US year round because of the lack of availability of service and supplies in other homeports.

That was the logic, but Royal has gone curiously silent on the subject. (Harmony reportedly has them in use now I believe I have read, and both Oasis and Allure had them when they were in Europe. (not sure how much supplies they can carry on board for them.)

Does anyone know if there are more than just two Freestyle machines onboard the Anthem?

We were on the Jewel at Thanksgiving and there was only two machines, in the Windjammer, and if we wanted to get something, like Diet Mr. Pibb, I would go down there and the doors would be shut like you couldn't get in. I really think they need to have more of them around so that they are readily available.

I haven't read specifically about Anthem, but I hope she has more than 2. Allure had 8 I believe, I was on Jewel and there were only two, but if the main doors of the WJ was closed you could sneak in the back doors to the machines, but even then they turned them off at times.

Are all of the flavors listed on this link available on the FreeStyle machines? We will be on the Freedom in September. Diet root beer is our favorite soda -- is that on Freedom's machines?

Yes, there is Barq's diet root beer in the freestyle machines. When we were on Freedom a couple of years ago, you couldn't add anything to it. On Oasis in May, you could add vanilla to it too.

I used the Freestyle machines on Freedom and loved them. Can anyone tell me if and where they are on Oasis? My cabin is near the Boardwalk so I hope there is one nearby.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are two freestyle machines outside Sorrentos on the Royal Promenade, there machines at each of the entrances to the Windjammer and there is a machine in the arcade up on deck 15.

• 1 year later...
By showing his SeaPass with the soda sticker, he can get a soda at any bar. But those flavors are very limited (to what's on the gun). Only at the machine can he get the vast array of flavors and combinations.

Curious what options are available in the freestyle machines. My son doesn't like soda but does like to get the vitamin water (mixing a few fruit flavors together) or other sports water that is in the freestyle machines that the stores here on the mainland have. Anyone have a list of what the freestyle machines options are?