A Blu Question

Desertbelle

We also love breakfast in Blu. In December 2015 we were on the "Millie". No more meuseli trolley Panda was very disappointed.

Dinner arrangement has been explained, Select dining also applies to the MDR should you wish an occasional dining change. You may meet people who occupy other than the Aqua Cabins ask you to dine with them. You will then dine in the MDR using your select dining status. Please note you will not be allowed to take guests other than Aqua guests into Blu.

Enjoy it is truly a special experience both cuisine and service wise in a small intimate setting.

We are excited as in 23 more days we enjoy again Blu on "Millie

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-blu".

Just got off the Eclipse yesterday and the Tableside Muesli was available--- had it twice during the cruise---yummy!

i am new to the aqua thing also, so, if my reservation says traditional 6pm, and i want to eat in mdr some night, do i have to go to an assigned table at a time i never eat - i prefer second seating, or by being aqua class, do i automatically become select in the mdr?

i am new to the aqua thing also, so, if my reservation says traditional 6pm, and i want to eat in mdr some night, do i have to go to an assigned table at a time i never eat - i prefer second seating, or by being aqua class, do i automatically become select in the mdr?

What everyone is saying is the it's a computer glitch that it shows that you have traditional dining....my reservation says Celebrity Select dining.:rolleyes:

If you are in Aqua Class you are assigned to Blu and you will eat breakfast and dinner in Blu (unless you prefer to eat at a specialty restaurant or the buffet) and you don't need reservations. You simply show up at Blu whenever you are ready to eat and you will be seated. :)

If you decide you want to eat in the MDR, just talk to the maître d' in Blu and they will arrange it for you at the time of your choosing.

If you decide you want to eat in the MDR, just talk to the maître d' in Blu and they will arrange it for you at the time of your choosing.

thanks. i didn't know if i just showed up at mdr or spoke to someone first. there are usually 1 or 2 meals i really like in mdr. can't think of one at this point, but, just want to know my options.

thanks. i didn't know if i just showed up at mdr or spoke to someone first. there are usually 1 or 2 meals i really like in mdr. can't think of one at this point, but, just want to know my options.

Interestingly, I just got the new brochure and it says forAquaclass"enjoy complimentary speciality dining in Blu for breakfast and dinner, in addition to dining in our Main Dining Room."

No mention of having to clear it with anyone.

Interestingly, I just got the new brochure and it says forAquaclass"enjoy complimentary speciality dining in Blu for breakfast and dinner, in addition to dining in our Main Dining Room."

No mention of having to clear it with anyone.

Many things in Celebrity's documents are incorrect and need to be changed. Blu is the assigned dining room for Aqua Class patrons, they do not have a seat assigned for them in the Main Dining Room. Because of this it is courtesy that you ask if seating is available. It's always been that way.

You do not have an assigned table in the MDR, your table is in Blu for whatever time you wish. If you wish to eat in MDR it will probably be in the Select portion.

Yes.

Yes, the wine steward is fabulous! "Cheers!" Wish I could recall his name. Let's go with tall, dark and handsome. :) I swear he has to be wearing roller skates hidden in his shoes. DH's glass was never empty.

Most times I enter with a cocktail as it seems to take some time to arrive. Not blaming the cocktail server as she/he has to get the drink from a already busy bar outside of the restaurant.

Edited by 20pluscruises

Yes, the wine steward is fabulous! "Cheers!" Wish I could recall his name. Let's go with tall, dark and handsome. :) I swear he has to be wearing roller skates hidden in his shoes. DH's glass was never empty.

Most times I enter with a cocktail as it seems to take some time to arrive. Not blaming the cocktail server as she/he has to get the drink from a already busy bar outside of the restaurant.

Would that be Elvis? Cheers! His famous line. We had him last year and hoping he might be on Summit this year.

Laura

I'm new to aqua class also- we have the drink package, are we able to use that in Blu for cocktails and wine?

FYI, the drink package does not apply to the mini-bar in your room. Remember to remove anything you need from the refrigerator the night before disembarkation as the room steward will padlock it.

FYI, the drink package does not apply to the mini-bar in your room. Remember to remove anything you need from the refrigerator the night before disembarkation as the room steward will padlock it.

Also, room service does not accept the drink package...

Blu replaces the MDR for AQ customers, you will not have a seat assigned in the Main Dining Room. When you arrive, you should have a note in your room which will tell you that Blu is anytime dining all the time. It may also request that you appear in the dining room the first night at an assigned time. You can just ignore this, go whenever you want. You'll get into the swing of things very quickly. Also, you will not be seated with other people unless you request so with people you know. Don't forget to try Blu for breakfast but check the times, sometimes they close a little earlier than when people wake up.

On our upcoming cruise for July on the Summit shows our dining as 6:00pm. We were offered the choice between this time or the Select Dining Option for our AQ booking. While I will definitely be going to BLU for breakfast as it just sounds so great, I don't plan on dining there for dinner except for maybe once to try it. I took my 6:00pm time showing on my booking as being in the main dining room (otherwise why give me the choice?).

I hope that's the case as we will likely dine in the Main Dining room on the majority of nights and would like a set table/wait staff, etc.

I guess I will have to figure it out when I get onboard.

On our upcoming cruise for July on the Summit shows our dining as 6:00pm. We were offered the choice between this time or the Select Dining Option for our AQ booking. While I will definitely be going to BLU for breakfast as it just sounds so great, I don't plan on dining there for dinner except for maybe once to trit. I took my 6:00pm time showing on my booking as being in the main dining room (otherwise why give me the choice?).

I hope that's the case as we will likely dine in the Main Dining room on the majority of nights and would like a set table/wait staff, etc.

You do not have a spot in the dining room, your assigned dining room is Blu. The 6PM is only something to satisfy the celebrity's horrible computer system. I'm sure someone will come on here and confirm what I have said. You will probably be able to eat in the MDR on an availability basis but it will be in the Select area.

There will be a letter in your stateroom when you arrive which states they will request you the first night to go to the Dining room at your assigned time but this can be ignored, it means nothing. I know this sound screwy but if you do a search on Blu dining you will probably find a hundred threads with a similar thread.

You should absolutely try Blu for dinner, as good as breakfast is, dinner is much better.

On our upcoming cruise for July on the Summit shows our dining as 6:00pm. We were offered the choice between this time or the Select Dining Option for our AQ booking. While I will definitely be going to BLU for breakfast as it just sounds so great, I don't plan on dining there for dinner except for maybe once to try it. I took my 6:00pm time showing on my booking as being in the main dining room (otherwise why give me the choice?).

It appears, from what others are saying, that you are not signed up to be in the main dining room for a set time if you are in Aqua Class....it is a computer/network glitch that shows that you are assigned to the MDR. Being in Aqua means you are assigned to Blu for evening meals, though it appears you can choose to go to the Select dining room but you won't be assigned a regular dining time with a regular wait staff in the MDR. Perhaps you can ask to be switched to the MDR, that might be best answered by your travel agent or Celebrity.

• 3 weeks later...
Just got off the Eclipse yesterday and the Tableside Muesli was available--- had it twice during the cruise---yummy!

Just got off of Equinox today from a 10 day in Aqua. Tableside muesli is no longer available fleet wide in Blu, according to the hotel mgr. Their explanation was that it was a US Public health requirement that they are not allowed to serve uncovered food in a carpeted area due to bacteria that can evidently jump from the carpet to the food. I kid you not. These were almost the exact words of the hotel mgr on Equinox. He explained that this is a fleet wide direction from Miami. Funny, though. It didn't stop them from preparing Caesar salad table side in Tuscan Grille nor did it stop them from preparing lobster table side in Murano, both of which are carpeted restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by WEGL81

Just got off of Equinox today from a 10 day in Aqua. Tableside muesli is no longer available fleet wide in Blu, according to the hotel mgr. Their explanation was that it was a US Public health requirement that they are not allowed to serve uncovered food in a carpeted area due to bacteria that can evidently jump from the carpet to the food. I kid you not. These were almost the exact words of the hotel mgr on Equinox. He explained that this is a fleet wide direction from Miami. Funny, though. It didn't stop them from preparing Caesar salad table side in Tuscan Grille nor did it stop them from preparing lobster table side in Murano, both of which are carpeted restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Oh no, bummer, I was looking forward to that! I'll probably live. :)

I'm glad to see the positive reports for AQ and Blue! I'd put myself on a hiatus from the board for a while because there were so many posts whining about this change and that change it was making me less excited about my booked AQ cabin on Reflection in 2/17 - to the point I was considering downgrading, but I really didn't want to have to deal with a shared table in the MDR as I travel solo and the shared table thing ALWAYS ends up awkward for me.

These "congrats" and positive messages are helping me feel better about it. :)

You do not have a spot in the dining room, your assigned dining room is Blu. The 6PM is only something to satisfy the celebrity's horrible computer system. I'm sure someone will come on here and confirm what I have said. You will probably be able to eat in the MDR on an availability basis but it will be in the Select area.

There will be a letter in your stateroom when you arrive which states they will request you the first night to go to the Dining room at your assigned time but this can be ignored, it means nothing. I know this sound screwy but if you do a search on Blu dining you will probably find a hundred threads with a similar thread.

You should absolutely try Blu for dinner, as good as breakfast is, dinner is much better.

Don is right.

We were on the Equinox in 2013 on a B2B with both legs in an Aqua stateroom. On that pair of cruises we had no problems ordering any of the "always available" items (i.e., the escargot, french onion soup, caesar salad and so forth) from the left side of the MDR menu.

We returned to the Equinox last fall on a B2B2B with the first two legs in an Aqua stateroom. The very first night we were in Blu we were chatting with another couple prior to ordering, and when the other gentleman tried to order a caesar salad he was firmly (actually, rather crisply) told by the lead waiter that they would only accommodate that request once on the cruise, and that if folks wanted items from the MDR menu they should be asked to be seated in the MDR. I joined the conversation pointing out that we had been in Aqua staterooms on prior cruises and had no problems on any of those cruises ordering at least the "always available" items from the MDR menu. And I began to watch the orders being delivered, and very very rarely did I spot items such as shrimp cocktails and escargot being served in Blu on those first two cruises. That "whatever -- within reason -- attitude" was present on the third leg of that B2B2B series when we were in a suite and thus were in Luminae.

I have read posts in which other passengers have reported a reluctance to serve items from the MDR "always available" menu on both M- and S-class ships, but this was the first time I had observed it.

Any cr

Have any AQ cruisers recently sailed on Solstice in Blu? I am interested if the Cesar salad, shrimp cocktail, onion soup non-menu requests are accommodated. My DH is not a particular fan of Blu's menus, but loves the atmosphere and the tables for two. He has always been able to put together great meals with the optional starters and the everyday steak and chicken items on the side menu. I can anticipate an unhappy camper if he can't find enough options that he likes. 18 nights is a long time to have to listen to him grumble about the dinners.