A Blu Question

Desertbelle

We got lucky and were able to get a CC to AQ upgrade for a great rate for our April Transatlantic cruise on the Reflection (way way cheaper than if we had booked Aqua class from the beginning). Our first time in Aqua and I am very excited!! :D

My question is that my online reservation shows us in Aqua class, the cabin number is correct, but it still says we are scheduled for Celebrity Select dining. I am not worried about them letting us eat in Blu when we get there, but I was wondering if I am supposed to be making reservations online for Blu like we do for Select dining? Or do people simply show up at Blu when they feel like it, no reservations required.

I understand you don't have to have reservations in Select dining but it does make it a little easier to get seated if you have a reserved time vs. a walk in. Same in Blu or not?

There seems to be a "glitch" on the Celebrity website in which the website lists select dining for Aqua passengers. We've been in Aqua Class in at least eight cruises, on both M- and S-class ships, and have never encountered a Blu which takes reservations. Just appear at your convenience.

On embarkation day you will find a letter from the Blu maitre'd with a dining time. This is a suggested time for the first night, but just ignore it if that time is not suitable.

We got lucky and were able to get a CC to AQ upgrade for a great rate for our April Transatlantic cruise on the Reflection (way way cheaper than if we had booked Aqua class from the beginning). Our first time in Aqua and I am very excited!! :D

My question is that my online reservation shows us in Aqua class, the cabin number is correct, but it still says we are scheduled for Celebrity Select dining. I am not worried about them letting us eat in Blu when we get there, but I was wondering if I am supposed to be making reservations online for Blu like we do for Select dining? Or do people simply show up at Blu when they feel like it, no reservations required.

I understand you don't have to have reservations in Select dining but it does make it a little easier to get seated if you have a reserved time vs. a walk in. Same in Blu or not?

Congratulations on your AQ decision. We have done AQ many times. No reservations, the first day you'll get a note asking you to show up to dinner in a certain time range. But, if it doesn't suit you, you can usually go at your more preferred time the first night anyway.. After that, it truly is show up when you like. We have never had to wait more than a few minutes to be seated, although others have reported experiencing longer waits sometimes. We typically ate around the same time each night and often asked to seated in the area of a favorite server. Have a great trip!

I haven't sailed Celebrity before but my booking for Aqua class also says select. My TA said to just leave it that way and show up at Blu the first night early. Then let them know what your preferred dining time is. She says it will all work out.

Blu replaces the MDR for AQ customers, you will not have a seat assigned in the Main Dining Room. When you arrive, you should have a note in your room which will tell you that Blu is anytime dining all the time. It may also request that you appear in the dining room the first night at an assigned time. You can just ignore this, go whenever you want. You'll get into the swing of things very quickly. Also, you will not be seated with other people unless you request so with people you know. Don't forget to try Blu for breakfast but check the times, sometimes they close a little earlier than when people wake up.

Edited by dkjretired

Desertbelle, congratulations on your upgrade. If you would like a window table in Blu, you will need to be there before the doors open (it was 5:45 on Eclipse but might differ a bit on Reflection), or wait about 1.5hrs for the tables to start turning over. These tables go first usually. Don't miss breakfast either. The Meusli made table side is wonderful.

BTW, on Millennium later this month in AQ we are down for Traditional dining at 6!! I just ignore it. Go when you want unless you want a window!

Also don't forget about breakfast. It's fabulous. Equiniox really knows how to poach an egg. I hope Reflection does as well, if that happens to be your preference. You will become familiar with all the servers quickly if you attend breakfast and dinner. 7:30 opening on port days, 8:00 on sea days.

Have a lovely time.

Edited by marieps

Desertbelle, congratulations on your upgrade. If you would like a window table in Blu, you will need to be there before the doors open (it was 5:45 on Eclipse but might differ a bit on Reflection), or wait about 1.5hrs for the tables to start turning over. These tables go first usually. Don't miss breakfast either. The Meusli made table side is wonderful.

BTW, on Millennium later this month in AQ we are down for Traditional dining at 6!! I just ignore it. Go when you want unless you want a window!

I saw that table side Muesli on the Blu breakfast menu and I was so happy. One of my favorite foods on Celebrity ships is the muesli in the buffet, and I have been looking forward to that since we booked this cruise, and now it's in Blu....yes, I am that woman who can get excited over good muesli!!:D

Also don't forget about breakfast. It's fabulous. Equiniox really knows how to poach an egg. I hope Reflection does as well, if that happens to be your preference. You will become familiar with all the servers quickly if you attend breakfast and dinner. 7:30 opening on port days, 8:00 on sea days.

Have a lovely time.

I love a good poached egg as well! I tend be a late sleeper on cruises, and miss most breakfasts, but now I have a good reason to get up early!

On a Australia/NZ cruise in BLU in 2014 We dined there for 14 breakfasts and dinners. We never had to wait for a table. As long as you don't mind sitting with other cruises when crowded. We got our own table 75% of the time. If you want a table for 2 by a window be prepared to wait.

Some thoughts.....while you don't have to follow the times in the letter you'll find in your cabin for the first night....remember that many others will....so I you show up at 7, likely you will have to wait for folks to finish. The second night when people arrive (and leave) at different times, it works much better.

I have to comment on the poached eggs which I enjoy with corned beef hash.We were on one millennium cruise in Asia where I ordered poached eggs every morninig in the hope that i would actually get one that was still soft. It never happened, even after I started to ask them to make the poached eggs very soft. The galley is much farther from blu on m-class ships and they just couldn't get it right. On s-class, much much better. BTW...corned beef hash is not on the menu....but they seem to either have it or can get it quickly.

OP....there are a number of items that aren't on the blu menu in addition to what you see. Escargot, onion soup, caesar salad with (or without) anchovies as well as mixed berries for dessert. I recommend trying all of those items....

.....OP....there are a number of items that aren't on the blu menu in addition to what you see. Escargot, onion soup, caesar salad with (or without) anchovies as well as mixed berries for dessert. I recommend trying all of those items....

Will try them all! Sounds yummy! My husband will LOVE the fresh berries!!

OP....there are a number of items that aren't on the blu menu in addition to what you see. Escargot, onion soup, caesar salad with (or without) anchovies as well as mixed berries for dessert. I recommend trying all of those items....

We were on the Equinox in 2013 on a B2B with both legs in an Aqua stateroom. On that pair of cruises we had no problems ordering any of the "always available" items (i.e., the escargot, french onion soup, caesar salad and so forth) from the left side of the MDR menu.

We returned to the Equinox last fall on a B2B2B with the first two legs in an Aqua stateroom. The very first night we were in Blu we were chatting with another couple prior to ordering, and when the other gentleman tried to order a caesar salad he was firmly (actually, rather crisply) told by the lead waiter that they would only accommodate that request once on the cruise, and that if folks wanted items from the MDR menu they should be asked to be seated in the MDR. I joined the conversation pointing out that we had been in Aqua staterooms on prior cruises and had no problems on any of those cruises ordering at least the "always available" items from the MDR menu. And I began to watch the orders being delivered, and very very rarely did I spot items such as shrimp cocktails and escargot being served in Blu on those first two cruises. That "whatever -- within reason -- attitude" was present on the third leg of that B2B2B series when we were in a suite and thus were in Luminae.

I have read posts in which other passengers have reported a reluctance to serve items from the MDR "always available" menu on both M- and S-class ships, but this was the first time I had observed it.

Will try them all! Sounds yummy! My husband will LOVE the fresh berries!!

Margie, we've been Aqua from booking this cruise but online it shows 6 for dinner. Breakfast is the best. You can also ask for shrimp cocktail every night, they try to please you. One thing I'm thrilled about this time, you can go to the MDR if u don't like what's on Blu menu. We were on Silhouette when it first came to cape liberty, you could not eat in the dining room,

You will love aqua. Enjoy

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

Margie, we've been Aqua from booking this cruise but online it shows 6 for dinner. Breakfast is the best. You can also ask for shrimp cocktail every night, they try to please you. One thing I'm thrilled about this time, you can go to the MDR if u don't like what's on Blu menu. We were on Silhouette when it first came to cape liberty, you could not eat in the dining room,

You will love aqua. Enjoy

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

I am not a morning person but my favorite meal to eat out is breakfast! I'm going to have to make myself get up and going early on this cruise!! :p

I love a good poached egg as well! I tend be a late sleeper on cruises, and miss most breakfasts, but now I have a good reason to get up early!

If you miss breakfast in Blu, they do make very good eggs to order in the buffet. Poached eggs? No problem. You want them as a Benedict? No problem. With avocado and salsa? With smoked salmon? Rather have an omelet?? No problem!!! ;-)

We also love breakfast in Blu. In December 2015 we were on the "Millie". No more meuseli trolley Panda was very disappointed.

Dinner arrangement has been explained, Select dining also applies to the MDR should you wish an occasional dining change. You may meet people who occupy other than the Aqua Cabins ask you to dine with them. You will then dine in the MDR using your select dining status. Please note you will not be allowed to take guests other than Aqua guests into Blu.

Enjoy it is truly a special experience both cuisine and service wise in a small intimate setting.

We are excited as in 23 more days we enjoy again Blu on "Millie

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-blu".

Edited by koalapanda

We also love breakfast in Blu. In December 2015 we were on the "Millie". No more meuseli trolley Panda was very disappointed.

Dinner arrangement has been explained, Select dining also applies to the MDR should you wish an occasional dining change. You may meet people who occupy other than the Aqua Cabins ask you to dine with them. You will then dine in the MDR using your select dining status. Please note you will not be allowed to take guests other than Aqua guests into Blu.

Enjoy it is truly a special experience both cuisine and service wise in a small intimate setting.

We are excited as in 23 more days we enjoy again Blu on "Millie

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants-blu".

Select dining status in Blu has nothing to do with dining in the MDR, Select dining in Blu is just a computer thing, means absolutely nothing since the entire dining room is anytime dining. If available anyone from Blu can eat in the MDR even if your dining says traditional, again, just a computer thing.

I haven't sailed Celebrity before but my booking for Aqua class also says select. My TA said to just leave it that way and show up at Blu the first night early. Then let them know what your preferred dining time is. She says it will all work out.

This is kind of a myth! No need to show-up early the first night or to follow the suggestion you may get in your cabin about a first night Blu dining time. Blu is simply Open Sitting and folks are seated on a first come first serve basis as they arrive (we know an exception for a larger group that was able to reserve one of the few large tables). When you arrive at the door they will check your cabin (to make sure you are indeed Aqua) and you will either be seated immediately or might have to wait a few minutes until they have an available table. It is the same if you go to Blu for breakfast. You just present yourself (during the open hours) at the door and you will be seated.

As to the booking info, Celebrity has more then their share of issues with their own computer system. When they started the Blu concept there was no designation on their dining codes for Blu. So now, it is usually Select although we have also had ours show-up as late sitting. But none of this is relevant for Blu.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

This is kind of a myth! No need to show-up early the first night or to follow the suggestion you may get in your cabin about a first night Blu dining time. Blu is simply Open Sitting and folks are seated on a first come first serve basis as they arrive (we know an exception for a larger group that was able to reserve one of the few large tables). When you arrive at the door they will check your cabin (to make sure you are indeed Aqua) and you will either be seated immediately or might have to wait a few minutes until they have an available table. It is the same if you go to Blu for breakfast. You just present yourself (during the open hours) at the door and you will be seated.

As to the booking info, Celebrity has more then their share of issues with their own computer system. When they started the Blu concept there was no designation on their dining codes for Blu. So now, it is usually Select although we have also had ours show-up as late sitting. But none of this is relevant for Blu.

Hank

I will second that!

can anyone tell me if any of the beach bars are re-opened here? last I read was that they were all torn down and new structures up but no word if any are open. We are particularly interested in orange fever.

And this is relevant why? :confused: