Cruise The Vinyards question

Here's the thread you started earlier it has a link to the MDR list in it. Seems like you are changing your mind?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53409717#post53409717

And another one

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2493321

Thank you! I couldn't find it. Looks like the wine package would work much better for us than Cheers, since the wine selection is better. It does seem a bit ridiculous that a $20 bottle of wine is in their premium package though. It should be available by the glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We like Cruise the Vineyards. We typically buy it from our dining room waiter if we have traditional seating just in case he gets some kind of credit for selling it. So far the service has been prompt and they always have the wine listed available ( which was a problem on RCI for us many years ago).

I still have my question from before

So on a Seven day cruise can you buy both a 5 bottle and a 3 bottle package? In particular, a 5 bottle Deluxe and a 3 bottle Premium. We like wine:)

Thanks.

I hope you find a way to get the wine you enjoy. Maybe it will be the Premium package. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

We like Cruise the Vineyards. We typically buy it from our dining room waiter if we have traditional seating just in case he gets some kind of credit for selling it. So far the service has been prompt and they always have the wine listed available ( which was a problem on RCI for us many years ago).

So on a Seven day cruise can you buy both a 5 bottle and a 3 bottle package? In particular, a 5 bottle Deluxe and a 3 bottle Premium. We like wine:)

Thanks.

I hope you find a way to get the wine you enjoy. Maybe it will be the Premium package. Enjoy your upcoming cruise.

We love wine too! [emoji485] I found two bottles from the premium list at the grocery store last night and bought them both to try. Last night we had J. Lohr Cabernet Sauvignon. It wasn't too bad. Still seems odd that a bottle I picked up on sale for $15 (regular price $19.99) at the grocery store is considered premium. I also bought the Kendall Jackson Vintner's Reserve Merlot. It was $26.99. We will buy as many bottles of Caymus at the Steakhouse on the first night as they will allow for half price. Last time they let us each buy one, but I've heard some ships only let you purchase one per table, others no limit. Guess we shall see. No need to buy a package until we find out. We will also carry on two bottles.

And thank you! We've never had a bad cruise, so I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks.

I don't think you can buy a 5 bottle and 3 bottle packages. If I remember correctly, the 5 bottle is available on longer cruises and the 3 bottle on shorter cruises.

Probably a really stupid question, but I've never been accused of being brilliant.

Can you get all bottles of the same wine from one of the packages, and have it available each night in the MDR until depleted?

Yes you sure can!!

I do not see it on line on either the Carnival site or the TA site, so I would say no. I have also not heard anyone ordering it in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You can order it in advance, However you must call Carnival, for the package.

• 1 year later...

Called the Funshops and they provided me with the pricing of their 2 packages:

• Basic - $131
  • Premium - $193

I forgot to ask if that included gratuity and such or was it discounted at 25% as it sometimes is on the ship.

Regardless...

5 Bottles x 4 Glasses per Bottle = 20 Glasses of Wine 

Basic works out to $6.55 per Glass / 26.20 per Bottle

Premium works out to $9.65 per Glass / $38.60 per Bottle

Basic
Sparkling, Barefoot, Brut, California
Pinot Grigio, Zonin, Italy
Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Helena, Chile
Chardonnay, Santa Helena, Chile
Riesling, Funf 5, Germany
White Zinfandel, Barefoot, California
Rose ‘GIFFT’ by Kathy Lee Gifford, California