Over the door hangers

At the store doing our shopping as we leave in a week. Just wanted to double check to make sure over the door hangers aren't against the rules before we buy them.

No, they are good to go. Never had the need for them, but to each, their own. HAPPY SHOPPING...:D:D:D

I had never been to a Dollar store till I went looking for my over the door hanger. Found one in the 3rd one.

It lives in my big suitcase, where it takes up no room.

Everything goes into the pockets, and DH even adds his stuff.

The older I get, the more odds and ends I seem to need.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I had never been to a Dollar store till I went looking for my over the door hanger. Found one in the 3rd one.

It lives in my big suitcase, where it takes up no room.

Everything goes into the pockets, and DH even adds his stuff.

The older I get, the more odds and ends I seem to need.

We have a cheap one from the Dollar Store as well for odds & ends. Also, the ones that are just an over the door hook are nice for hanging up damp clothes to dry.

We have a cheap one from the Dollar Store as well for odds & ends. Also, the ones that are just an over the door hook are nice for hanging up damp clothes to dry.

I take clothes pins to hang damp clothes on the line in the shower.

Clothes pins live in my suitcase with the over the door hanger, just waiting for a cruise with a shower curtain. Like Princess.

Works wonders keeping the shower curtain from getting over friendly.

Clothes pins live in my suitcase with the over the door hanger, just waiting for a cruise with a shower curtain. Like Princess.

Works wonders keeping the shower curtain from getting over friendly.

We do this too except that I bring along a new plastic shower curtain liner from the dollar store and use clothes pegs to pin it to the existing one. In future, you could ask here which ships have curtains - I know Radiance and Brilliance do, yet Serenade and Jewel have doors (all sister ships).

Per the subject of this thread, we have never taken a shoe holder and don't see the need for one. We wouldn't hang it in the bathroom because it's tight in there already and the steward needs to clean in there... perhaps it could go in the closet, but we find the storage in the cabin is more than ample anyway. :)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Have never needed the over the door shoe thing. Plenty of space (lots of cubbies) for everything.

If you need something to dry quickly, put it on a hanger and hang it from the air vent in the cabin. Dries MUCH faster than in the bathroom!

WE always use them even in suites. Makes it so much easier to find everything instead of rumbling through medicine cabinets and drawers. Wouldn't go on a cruise without one but then again, I pack everything and the kitchen sink.

I love to use the over the door organizer. It is very handy for us. I leave all the non-expirable items (pretty sure that's not a word..lol) right in it. When I leave for vacation, just restock and we're good to go. Of course, I am the one everyone in our group comes to because I am a "everything but the kitchen sink" kind of packer.

At the store doing our shopping as we leave in a week. Just wanted to double check to make sure over the door hangers aren't against the rules before we buy them.

Mine stays in my suitcase all the time. Every slot is full with both my and DH's things. It's great not having everything all over the place in the bathroom and the desk!

It's a good idea...especially for someone like me who has tons of toiletries and there are 4 of us in a cabin (2 adults, 2 kids). I pack 4 toiletry bags just for myself. But I'm trying to understand where it makes sense to keep it. The ones that I have at home have a hanger to hold them up so don't get how you would put them 'over the door'.

Edited by LuCruise