Recent photos of empress of the seas in dry dock

That's where I'm at so far. This is beyond bs. Yes, that's in hours not minutes.

Switching to oasis Junior Suite. 2 less nights but it's less $$. Also 200$ OBC. (Because of 2 sailings cancelled.)

Call this number: 800-526-9723

Edited by Merion_Mom

Something stinks regarding this. I have seen many images of the inside of empress some coming just minutes ago.

I have come to this conclusion, that ship sitting in Cadiz is ready!

Most contractors have left the ship. 1 hour before the statement another 4 photos came through and I quote the caption "ready for Miami". Though this has been rumoured for a few days now as bookings were suddenly sold out despite there being tons of berth still available they now have a ship sitting there costing a bomb for the privilege.

Have they suddenly changed their minds on something on board we will find out but at present rci seem to be stalling either because the first sailings, the ship wasn't full enough to break even, or for Cuba.

None the less rci have done massive revites on bigger ships in similar time most recent being Liberty.

Still waiting on info but hopefully I'll get something by morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

:cool: I'm in witness protection...

No, my old name was my last names and I was no longer comfortable with it being my user name.

Perfect explanation. :)

Still hope to meet you on the Empress on May 14!

{crossing all digits}

Something stinks regarding this. I have seen many images of the inside of empress some coming just minutes ago.

Most contractors have left the ship. 1 hour before the statement another 4 photos came through and I quote the caption "ready for Miami". Though this has been rumoured for a few days now as bookings were suddenly sold out despite there being tons of berth still available they now have a ship sitting there costing a bomb for the privilege.

Have they suddenly changed their minds on something on board we will find out but at present rci seem to be stalling either because the first sailings, the ship wasn't full enough to break even, or for Cuba.

None the less rci have done massive revites on bigger ships in similar time most recent being Liberty.

I have to assume from all of this information that the problems are not cosmetic, but structural.

Got all figured out but was 4 hours of my time. No price guarantee on anything except empress or majesty. Majesty is garbage and also has NOTHING for JS availability so I was pretty much screwed. Switch ships or cancel, as the dates are not flexible for us.

fa5631061313912e6ea5cf48ee55a49b.jpg

That's where I'm at so far. This is beyond bs. Yes, that's in hours not minutes.

Switching to oasis Junior Suite. 2 less nights but it's less $$. Also 200$ OBC. (Because of 2 sailings cancelled.)

I snagged two Oasis JS from our cancelled Rhapsody TA. Still less nights, slightly more money and way less points

I snagged two Oasis JS from our cancelled Rhapsody TA. Still less nights, slightly more money and way less points

Isn't it great?? Not. Yeah not happy about the points at all and of course they wouldn't match them. Only real thing they did was the OBC.

The Crown and Anchor number? Yeah, tried that and they said the number for affected reservations is in the email. Which it was. And is a joke, per usual.

We had very good luck calling redeploying desk with Rhapsody. They couldn't do anything, but I didn't have to wait.

I have to assume from all of this information that the problems are not cosmetic, but structural.

It really is a mystery, isn't it. I agree, the cosmetic upgrades seem to be finished. Maybe structural, maybe something government related :eek: I don't believe Royal's official statement for a second. Hope it all gets sorted out soon!

Thanks for the insider scoop. I had a feeling the first sailings would not be full from the inventory I saw prior to the stoppage of new bookings. Less revenue to lose than sailing cruises that are not full? Ship is ready to sail, but blame cancellations on issues that don't exist?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We had very good luck calling redeploying desk with Rhapsody. They couldn't do anything, but I didn't have to wait.

Yeah, I wasn't waiting but was literally on the phone that long going over options. What took so long was every time she had to call another dept (which was like 14 times) she had to wait to talk to them. For the funds transfer, OBC, and all kinds of crap that is still screwed up like drink package and diner reservations etc.

I'm saying neither at present. I have seen no evidence of such problems however it does seem one crew member on empress has just added insult to injury. 540d3a0ea05c4516045f34350230f53d.jpg

Isn't it great?? Not. Yeah not happy about the points at all and of course they wouldn't match them. Only real thing they did was the OBC.

Yep we had an Aft JS and a Q for around $4500, 16 nights, 48 Points, but probably $1,000 in airfare. 14 nights on Oasis, 28 Points, 6 grand, plus $600 added OBC. No airfare.

But we get The beach pool and Coastal Kitchen. :D

Edited by John&LaLa

Best kicker is we already have Oasis booked for Sept 3rd. Prolly look at something different for that now too. Switched it from allure literally yesterday. Before all of this of course.

Can you see my Oasis schedule? We're in the same cabin 8 times in 3 months. :eek:

Thanks for the insider scoop. I had a feeling the first sailings would not be full from the inventory I saw prior to the stoppage of new bookings. Less revenue to lose than sailing cruises that are not full? Ship is ready to sail, but blame cancellations on issues that don't exist?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks to be that way. I know an earlier reply said about adding a solarium. I I swear her deck plans from 2004 had this and their adding a rock wall? Didn't she already have a rock wall fitted when she was still Nordic empress?

My cruises won't let me into the new booking now at all. Need new set sail passes and all that crap. Dining and entertainment would be nice to be able to get into so I could scrounge up whatever crap is left for times. If anything.

If you got a JS, just go to CK. It's awesome. Plus Johnny Rockets or Wipe out for breakfast. You're golden

Edited by John&LaLa

Can you see my Oasis schedule? We're in the same cabin 8 times in 3 months. :eek:

You've definitely got me there. We are 29 and 30 respectively, so 2 or 3 cruises a year is about all we can do with work etc. still pretty good for us average folk here. Nothing like you of course haha.

You've definitely got me there. We are 29 and 30 respectively, so 2 or 3 cruises a year is about all we can do with work etc. still pretty good for us average folk here. Nothing like you of course haha.

53 and 54, empty nesters, last year of work. You'll get there.