Movies shown on in cabin TV

You could also try some breaking technology. It's a device which is fully portable. It does not need any power to operate and no screen is required. It projects straight into your brain with a remote interface. Don't worry it's safe. They allow them on cruise ship and can be used in your cabin or many other places on board. Good thing is that most models are very inexpensive. This technology has been under development for quite a while and it's getting close to being perfected. You should give it a try.

You could also try some breaking technology. It's a device which is fully portable. It does not need any power to operate and no screen is required. It projects straight into your brain with a remote interface. Don't worry it's safe. They allow them on cruise ship and can be used in your cabin or many other places on board. Good thing is that most models are very inexpensive. This technology has been under development for quite a while and it's getting close to being perfected. You should give it a try.

Close to being perfected?

BTW, it's already been mentioned that the movies would be al alternative to reading. Sometimes you read for a few hours and then you want a break.

I seem to remember people starting a similar thread about needing a non-alcoholic drink package and next thing you know...Royal Replenish! So maybe this will gain some traction and they'll add on demand movies in the next year or so.

Yeah, a good ongoing movie channel or two would do RCI good. I'm one of those cruisers who doesn't need to be out of my cabin all day long. Sometimes I enjoy chilling out in my balcony cabin with the hubby until dinner or bedtime. Maybe the RCI powers-that-be will see this thread? Hope so.

Also, someone mentioned that the suites have DVD players, who wants to pack a DVD to take with them? Do they rent DVD's to suite guests, and if they do, are they as expensive as the movies rented on the tv? If so, no thank you! They really need to keep up with the times.

On another cruise line (that gets bashed here) they have regular broadcast TV. The major networks from Miami stations. I love to watch the morning shows while getting ready to start my day. I don't understand why RCI can't do the same.

Edited by cruisejess

Also, someone mentioned that the suites have DVD players, who wants to pack a DVD to take with them? Do they rent DVD's to suite guests, and if they do, are they as expensive as the movies rented on the tv? If so, no thank you! They really need to keep up with the times.

I am planning to just bring 6 or so dvd's, like having music dvd's like The Last Waltz or other concert stuff, make sure they are not blue rays since they would not play on regular dvd's, I know Hal has large collection that you can rent for free

On another cruise line (that gets bashed here) they have regular broadcast TV. The major networks from Miami stations. I love to watch the morning shows while getting ready to start my day. I don't understand why RCI can't do the same.

Am I to understand from this that RCI have no live broadcast TV programmes even when sailing from the UK? Celebrity, Princess and P&O all have 2 or more news channels and at least one sports channel, I am not too bothered about movies but I like to keep up to date with sport and general news whilst on holiday.

Am I to understand from this that RCI have no live broadcast TV programmes even when sailing from the UK? Celebrity, Princess and P&O all have 2 or more news channels and at least one sports channel, I am not too bothered about movies but I like to keep up to date with sport and general news whilst on holiday.

On our Vision cruise last week, there were no network (ABC,NBC,CBS,FOX, etc.) TV channels. They did have CNN, TNT, and TMC.

And most of those were Spanish channel versions.

TCM is funny. English language program content, no subtitles, but Spanish commercials.

Edited by clarea

TMC is funny. English language program content, no subtitles, but Spanish commercials.

Believe it or not, that is a popular way that some of the Latinos learn the English

language. We spoke to several who did that. Though I am sure the subtitles would

help too, as there are channels that do that type of broadcast from down there.

The Spanish commercials are fun to watch sometimes. ;)

Hope someone from RCI reads this thread. Would love to see those 2nd run DVD movies

back on cabin TV's again. The cinema is way too packed with no seats available on sea

days. Why not broadcast those same movies (like they used to, so I know they can) on

our cabin TV's. Nice relaxing way to spend part of a sea day without frying into a lobster on

deck! :eek: ;)