CB Chartered cruise 2017

Lady Arwen

Just a heads-up, the CB is chartered for an Oldies Rock and Roll cruise Jan 28th, 2017 for 8 nights, southern Caribbean. Nothing is shown on the Princess web-site and you can book a cabin without the entertainment package. However, most of the entertainment venues will be off limits to those who don't have their booking with Concertsatsea.com.

I have a friend in the entertainment industry who has booked this cruise and passed on the information to me. Princess on-line shows a lot of cabins sold, but this could be because the concert promoter has reserved blocks of cabins. Prices with the charter organization appear to be about $500.00 per person more than booking a regular cabin with Princess.

If you're interested in this type of cruise, go ahead and take a look. If not, then maybe this date is one to take a pass on.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

We have been on a cruise that was also chartered to a large group and not being able to use certain venues made us feel like second class citizens tagging along on someone else's vacation! :(

Not to be pedantic but what you are referring to is a large group booking, not a charter. If the CB were chartered then the group in question would have booked the entire ship and no cabins would be available through Princess.

Admittedly both are similar no-win situations: with a full charter there will be upset passengers who were cancelled from their preferred date and itinerary; with a large group booking such as this there will be upset cruisers who don't find out until after boarding about the group and would have booked a different cruise had they known.

So hopefully those on that cruise will see this thread despite the fact that their cruise is still on and not chartered. Perhaps posting this info on the roll call would be for the best.

Not to be pedantic but what you are referring to is a large group booking, not a charter. If the CB were chartered then the group in question would have booked the entire ship and no cabins would be available through Princess.

Admittedly both are similar no-win situations: with a full charter there will be upset passengers who were cancelled from their preferred date and itinerary; with a large group booking such as this there will be upset cruisers who don't find out until after boarding about the group and would have booked a different cruise had they known.

So hopefully those on that cruise will see this thread despite the fact that their cruise is still on and not chartered. Perhaps posting this info on the roll call would be for the best.

Yes, sorry, you are correct....not a charter cruise.

We were on Emerald Princess in January & the Concerts at Sea group were on board. As described in other posts our entertainment venues were severely restricted with Club Fusion being out of bounds for us for most of the week. We did know about the group in advance but since we already had flights booked & paid for we did not have any choice. We would try & avoid this cruise in future if possible.

We were also on the Emerald when the CAS were there. They in no way limited things I wanted to do. Took dance classes, did arts and crafts and other than seeing them when we boarded didn't run across them again, and if I did I didn't know it.

I knew the CAS were scheduled for January 2017 but it wasn't a big problem.

We did book a cruise to Alaska a few years ago and that ship was chartered after we had signed up and that was a nightmare.

BTW the cruise line then was not Princess. Had a hard time trying to get another flight and another date for cruise on such short notice. We don't have many airlines to choose from but after lots of phone calls we finally got to take the cruise just not when we had planned.

This is just my experience.