Upsell email

iriemon

I'm also on the April 10 Regal sailing. I got an unsolicited upsell offer today, to go from our deluxe obstructed (but not really) balcony to a mini for $129 pp. Considering the total for mini suites for new bookings is now LESS than what we paid for our balcony, and that we have one of the extra large balcony cabins, I'm going to pass on the offer. Looking at where the available minis are located, I think we're better off in our deluxe balcony.

I just checked our offer, it does state $129 pp. It ticks me off that they are charging so much more to us than if we booked a mini outright right now, so I am willing to have a lifeboat view. Lol. Last year we booked the same ship, a balcony (non-deluxe) guarantee one month before sailing and were assigned a deluxe balcony unobstructed on Caribe deck 3 days after we booked.

Personally, I prefer the free upgrades myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you get an upsell from Princess directly if you used a travel agent ?

Mine also came from the travel agent, but you don't have to go through your TA to get the upgrade. You can deal with princess directly for that once or if you receive an offer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

We booked our Hawaii Ruby cruise leaving in 16 days with an inside cabin open to an upgrade.

But we booked with an online travel agency and our gratuities were pre paid.

Would we or our travel agent get an upsell email and would we lose our free gratuities?

I also booked with gratuities included and asked abou that and that part does not change

LOL - well Princess just called! Actually it was an email - offering a bump up to a min-suite for $199 each. Since we are in one of the coveted aft facing corner balcony cabins (C753) that extra balcony space means more to me than the benefits of a mini. For $99 I might have considered it - actually my DW would have - I prefer the balcony. I declined.

We have 14 cruises with Princess (#15 next month) and we have only had an upsale offer once - but it turned out to be a dandy. We had booked an aft facing balcony cabin that I love. We got a call asking if we'd upgrade to a mini-suite at no cost. I voted no, my DW voted yes. We accepted the offer and received a good AB mini. A few weeks before the cruise we received another call asking us if we'd accept a full suite for $99 each - we grabbed it and ended up in the suite right next to the aft facing balcony cabin we had originally booked :-)

We're a month away from our next cruise, in an aft facing balcony cabin...call us Princess! :-)

LOL - well Princess just called! Actually it was an email - offering a bump up to a min-suite for $199 each. Since we are in one of the coveted aft facing corner balcony cabins (C753) that extra balcony space means more to me than the benefits of a mini. For $99 I might have considered it - actually my DW would have - I prefer the balcony. I declined.

I can't blame you at all. We turned down a very low cost upgrade to a mini in order to keep C752 (port side twin of C753) Great cabin. :)

Received an email offering an upgrade from an inside room to a balcony for $99. I really think this is a good deal so called right away but got a voice mail. Anyone know how long it takes for them to get back to you? I am hoping they all are not taken before then.

My DW and I also received an email UPSELL offer for our 11 April 2016 14 day Diamond Princess sailing. When I called the number listed in the email I kept getting an answering machine asking me to leave a number and I would get a return call. Not being the trusting sort I just kept calling until I got an answer (on my 8th or 10th try). I spoke with a very nice lady who helped me with an UPSELL upgrade from a Balcony (BF) to a Mini Suite (ME) for $299. I think that even though it may be a bothersome a little tenacity might be in order. Good luck - we hope that it works for you.