Cruising 3/12 - Just a few questions!

fromrenee2u

Hi!

I'm going to keep this brief because I really should be doing laundry and packing! :eek: We did the Getaway in October 2014 so I'm familiar with cruising Norwegian. I just have a few questions that I hope some of you will be kind enough to answer.

We will be celebrating our anniversary on this trip. Where should we dine that evening?

Is the Brat Pack worth it and why is there there an upcharge?

Comedy Club - Was it funny?

St. Thomas - booked the catamaran to St. Johns because that's the group decided. Hate we are missing Magans Beach. Are we making a mistake?

Tortola - Undecided right now. I simply want sun and sand. Which beach is the best and should we just taxi?

Nassau - Is there really any reason to get off the ship?

I LOVE a good Bloody Mary. Where will I find one?

Vibe - Totally plan to make that happen...again! No question, just saying!

What's your favorite thing about the ship?

What's your least favorite thing about the ship?

When is the Glow Party?

Is there an 80's night?

I think those are all of my questions - for now!

Thanks so much for your input!!!

I'm assuming you are on Getaway

The catamaran to St. John's is awesome. We had an amazing time.

Tortola, visit the Baths in Virgin Gorda.,there is a review done last June by User Annmeat which has good tips.

There is an 80s night.

I don't know if the glow party stays on the same night or changes with the itinerary, but there are dailies posted here and you can look them up. There are some very recent ones.

I would dine at Le Bistro or Ocean Blue. We ar doing that on our anniversary on Getaway.also,ordered the decoration package for the cabin as a kitschy surprise

On Escape, I assume? Be sure to eat at Food Republic. It's the best food I've ever had on a ship.

I always find the comedy funny. They are nationally touring comedians. The ones on my cruise won't be the same as on yours, so you'll have to let us know if yours are funny.

Edited by LrgPizza

Nassau- we finally did something there that we enjoyed very, very much. It may be called botanic gardens or,some such. It has marching flamingos, you an feed birds, beautiful setting- we all loved it , ages 13 thru 50. Very peaceful,yet a really good excursion. Would not hesitate to do,it again.

Howl at the Moon and Burn the floor are my favorites . Closed down Howl,all,3 nights. Burn the floor is,a great performance. We also,were lucky to,have incredible,comedy. One was Phil Palisoul..terrific.

Excuse all the commas, I have a broken hand and not typing so well..

Least favorite thing ....I'm not thrilled with the set up,of thrnGarden Cafe.

We have had only perfect vacations on Getawy and will be on her in the fall,for,Western Caribbean.

Have fun!

Edited by DrNora

Nassau- we finally did something there that we enjoyed very, very much. It may be called botanic gardens or,some such. It has marching flamingos, you an feed birds, beautiful setting- we all loved it , ages 13 thru 50. Very peaceful,yet a really good excursion. Would not hesitate to do,it again.

Howl at the Moon and Burn the floor are my favorites . Closed down Howl,all,3 nights. Burn the floor is,a great performance. We also,were lucky to,have incredible,comedy. One was Phil Palisoul..terrific.

Excuse all the commas, I have a broken hand and not typing so well..

Least favorite thing ....I'm not thrilled with the set up,of thrnGarden Cafe.

We have had only perfect vacations on Getawy and will be on her in the fall,for,Western Caribbean.

Have fun!

It is called Ardastra Gardens.

We will be celebrating our anniversary on this trip. Where should we dine that evening?

Bayamo is good. It is the upscale restaurant by celebrity Iron Chef Jose Garces. There is the ole stand-by Le Bistro

Is the Brat Pack worth it and why is there there an upcharge?

Your cruise will be one of the last that it is done in the Supper Club as a dinner show. Mid-April, it moves to the main theater. The supper club is similar to the Spiegle Tent and Illusionarium on other ships - dinner show. It was fun. John Hughes music from the 80's

Comedy Club - Was it funny?

We always enjoy the comedy club. We make our one reserved seating and go stand-by other nights. Early shows are more family oriented. Late shows are 18+

Nassau - Is there really any reason to get off the ship?

Not really, unless you walk to the beach or go on a snorkling excursion.

I LOVE a good Bloody Mary. Where will I find one?

5 O'Clock somewhere.

Vibe - Totally plan to make that happen...again! No question, just saying!

Get to the port really early and walk, don't run to get your passes.

What's your favorite thing about the ship?

New restaurants like Food Republic!

What's your least favorite thing about the ship?

Having to leave. Really great ship!

When is the Glow Party?

Was on the last sea night (day 6) @ Spice H20

Is there an 80's night?

Was on the Tortola night @ Spice H20

See responses above