Departure flights from Anchorage

birdsfly

Straight from the Princess FAQs (click on 'Flight Guidelines for Non Princess Flight Guests):

ANCHORAGE

Disembarking Passengers

For voyages arriving in Whittier at 12:30 am, the earliest flight departure from Anchorage is 11:00 am, however 1:00 pm is the recommended earliest flight departure.

For passengers on the Scenic Rail transfer, the earliest flight departure from Anchorage is 1:00 pm.

For voyages arriving in Whittier at 5:00 am or 7:00 am, the earliest flight departure from Anchorage is 1:30 pm.

As soon as you book your flight be sure to enter the time into your cruise personalizer to confirm your transfer.

Edited by fishywood

We (Anchorage) have flights departing all day and night until about 2:30 AM. Yes, many do fly overnight. I recommend spending the day in Anchorage to explore and then taking an evening or night flight. Princess will drop you off downtown, hold your luggage for you, and then drive you to the airport when you're ready. Downtown is very walkable. You can do a city trolley tour or take a shuttle to a museum or the zoo. There's a museum, mall, gift shops, and historical buildings downtown.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Alaska Airlines offers continual flights pretty much on the hour or half hour. American, Delta, JetBlue, and United primarily fly overnight. Yes, Colo Cruiser; since cruise pax come from far and wide and therefore travel those other carriers, those overnight flights are often utilized. Plus, they're cheaper. The night flights make our airport quite the happening place at midnight! Yogurt at midnight, anyone? [emoji509]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

I know the airport itself has flights all day.

I was referring to the cruise passenger flights.

There are no such things as "cruise passenger flights". There are flights that are taken by cruise passengers as well as other people. You can pick any flight as long as you allow enough time to get to the airport. There are also lots of flight search programs on the net.

I can't quite figure out what you are looking for.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Summer of '14, we flew out of Anchorage returning to AZ post-cruise. Our flight was at 2AM or so. I couldn't believe how busy the airport was at midnight. Luckily we had TSA pre-check, and didn't have to wait in the incredibly long line for passenger screening. Keep in mind that many flights leave at this time to sync up with connections in Seattle or Portland.

Regarding Princess luggage hold at the downtown depot - I believe they close fairly early in the evening (ie, 6 or 7pm). We did the Portage Lake excursion post cruise, got bussed into town, then stored our luggage and walked around Anchorage for a while.

We had two friend staying over one night in Anchorage, so we used their hotel as a "crash pad" before departing to the airport. Don't know what we would have done had they not had that hotel room....

There are no such things as "cruise passenger flights". There are flights that are taken by cruise passengers as well as other people. You can pick any flight as long as you allow enough time to get to the airport. There are also lots of flight search programs on the net.

I can't quite figure out what you are looking for.

DON

Hmmm I thought that the airlines only flew cruise ship passengers. :rolleyes:

I am not looking for anything. :p