Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

Danish Viking,

I kept wondering why it took you so long to do this. I personally was getting tired of seeing you answering the same questions over and over again, so I can only guess how tired you were of doing it.

It was amazing to see how lazy some people were when the same question they were asking was just answered a few posts above. If they had bothered to read the thread they would have gotten all the information you provided to answer their questions and more - but no.......their question was the only thing on their mind.

Anyway, thanks for all you have done to make our upcoming visit to Copenhagen a better researched and, hopefully, less stressful start to our voyage.

Thanks - I think we can be flexible! We have multiple choices for each meal - if one doesn't work out we will try another.

Just a little correction, they will charge you if you book a table and not showing up.

Its still free to book a table. :D

And its only a few restaurants that do this but it gets more popular.

Just a little correction, they will charge you if you book a table and not showing up.

Its still free to book a table. :D

And its only a few restaurants that do this but it gets more popular.

Thank you, yes I meant if we could not get reservations at one place, we would try another.

I am thinking most of the places we are planning on trying are not the kind that would charge if you did not show up - but we won't risk it anyway :D

We leave today - we will be in Copenhagen tomorrow!! Looking forward to a wonderful visit - thank you for all the help on this thread and others.

Edited by MNfamilycruiser

Having never traveled by train we are wondering how difficult it would be to take a train from Copenhagen to London. Our transatlantic cruise ends in Copenhagen but we have five days until our Baltic cruise leaves from Southampton so are thinking of spending four nights in London before going to Southampton. Can't decide if we should fly or take the train.

Any suggestions are welcomedoing. Thanks.

Btw I have no problems answering questions but as someone has pointed out it would be helpful if they looked at page 1 first because many answers are there.

I am getting excited. My cruise is coming soon - leaving for Copenhagen tomorrow.

And yes I went back to your first page and printed all the pictures on how to get to the port - big big help!

Having never traveled by train we are wondering how difficult it would be to take a train from Copenhagen to London. Our transatlantic cruise ends in Copenhagen but we have five days until our Baltic cruise leaves from Southampton so are thinking of spending four nights in London before going to Southampton. Can't decide if we should fly or take the train.

Any suggestions are welcomedoing. Thanks.

FLY!!

The train will be so slow and you would have to make so many train changes that the chance of delays or problems just multiply with every connecting journey. Plus you would have to travel across each major city to reach another terminal station.

Delays at the Channel Tunnel can be a nightmare due to the attempts of immigrants attempting to get into the UK illegally.

Get to London as fast as you can, spend a couple of nights there, but I would suggest travelling down to Southampton the day before your cruise. There is current unrest on the railways in the south of England at the moment and there is a fear of strikes.

Sorry to paint a gloomy picture but if the train situation stabilises in England, do your wished for train journey from London to Southampton.

Thanks for your suggestions. We will be flying to London. We will either take Smiths for airports or National Coach to Southampton. We booked our hotel for the day prior to the cruise.

Now we just need to figure out where to stay in London and book the flight from Copenhagen.

Any suggestions for flight times? We arrive on the Norwegian Getaway.

I have a question regarding restaurants - are they willing to do separate checks, or at least split them 3 ways? There will be 6 of us (3 couples) and I want to be sure that we can all use our credit cards to pay for our meals - otherwise we will need to get a LOT more cash at the ATM!

I'm not talking Michelin restaurants - I'm just talking your average table service type restaurant.

Thanks for everything!

Thanks for your suggestions. We will be flying to London. We will either take Smiths for airports or National Coach to Southampton. We booked our hotel for the day prior to the cruise.

Now we just need to figure out where to stay in London and book the flight from Copenhagen.

Any suggestions for flight times? We arrive on the Norwegian Getaway.

There are departures all day long as London is by far the biggest route out of Copenhagen.

British Airways and SAS will bring you to Heathrow.

Ryanair and Easyjet fly's to Luton.

Easyjet and Norwegian fly's to Gatwick.

I have a question regarding restaurants - are they willing to do separate checks, or at least split them 3 ways? There will be 6 of us (3 couples) and I want to be sure that we can all use our credit cards to pay for our meals - otherwise we will need to get a LOT more cash at the ATM!

I'm not talking Michelin restaurants - I'm just talking your average table service type restaurant.

Thanks for everything!

I don't think that that would be a problem at all, perhaps you can tell them them when you order the food.

We are booked on a Baltic cruise next May and have a day and a half in Copenhagen. We are planning in taking a walking tour with the Red Badge guides on our 2nd morning. That ends at the Amalienborg Palace at noon. We would love to then go to the Torvehallerne market to grab some lunch. Could you please advise on the bet way to do this. Public Transport? I've tried looking at maps but nothing is very clear.

I would very much appreciate your help.

Many thanks. After finishing a "walking tour" we will probably glad to take the metro.!

I think it might be best to take the metro back to the Centre and take a bus back to our ship. Am I correct?

I know I'm one of many who is so grateful that you are willing to help like this. Thank you

Hello Danish Viking...Thank You for all the information you have provided. I just found this thread and it is fantastic. One question I have...we will be staying at the Hotel Bethel for a few days before our cruise to Boston. We would want to take a Boat Ride upon morning arrival at the hotel. We were wondering if there was one you could recommend within walking distance of the Hotel?

Thanking you in advance.

Is it a very long walk from the Scandic Palace to Nyhaun and will it work for my wife in a wheelchair?

We found that nearly everything is within walking distance - it was probably about a 20 minute walk from Nyhavn back to the Radhuspladsen. The Scandic Palace is right off of the Radhuspladsen I believe. I am not positive about the wheelchair - I remember that many areas were paved with cobblestone, but they were pretty even.