Wonderful Copenhagen 2016 edition

Danish viking

What is the weather forecast for May 13-17? I been looking at different web sites and they all are different – some say rain and other sites show partly cloudy. Trying to decide on what type of jacket to bring. Thanks.

Edited by BSR

Danish Viking

I am assuming that Copenhagen would be the same as any other Baltic City, you pay for public restrooms correct? But inside the attractions like Tivoli Garden do you also pay?

Restaurants, I do know if you are a eating there you don't pay for the use. Correct me if I am wrong.

The toilets inside the tourist sites are free, Also the ones at NYhavn is free and I also think the one at Amagertorv/Storkespringvandet.

Or else you can visit the department stores Illum and Magasin where there is plenty of toilets.

The toilets at the central station costs 5 kroner.

The toilets inside the tourist sites are free, Also the ones at NYhavn is free and I also think the one at Amagertorv/Storkespringvandet.

Or else you can visit the department stores Illum and Magasin where there is plenty of toilets.

The toilets at the central station costs 5 kroner.

Thank you!

We will be arriving in Copenhagen 4 days before our cruise departing in September and plan on staying at the Taastrup Park Hotel on the outskirts of the city near the train station. The Copenhagen Card will probably make sense for us as we will be traveling in/out of the city center a lot - but we are still doing the math (too bad they only sell a 3-day and 5-day card for us). We would obviously like to take the public transportation from the airport to the hotel (with luggage) and then from hotel to Oceankaj on departure day.

A luggage question: Digging into the information buried in the public transportation website, it states that luggage size is limited to 30 x 60 x 100 cm. Many large typical suitcases that meet the international airline checked baggage restriction will exceed the 30 cm limit by just a couple of centimeters - like ours is 33 x 48 x 76 cm. Has anyone heard if they actually check luggage size (especially if it is really close like that) in boarding the train or metro at the airport?

I have never seen anyone have their luggage rejected so don't worrie about that.

In fact I didn't know that there was any limit.

The S-train line B is your choice of transportation from the Central station as the hotel is located next to Taastrup station.

Remember that Høje Taastrup is another station.

So the Øresundstog from the airport to central station and then S-train line B towards Høje Taastrup and get off in Taastrup.

When you get to the pier you just take the S-train and get off at Østerport from where you take bus 25 or 27.

I have never seen anyone have their luggage rejected so don't worrie about that.

In fact I didn't know that there was any limit.

The S-train line B is your choice of transportation from the Central station as the hotel is located next to Taastrup station.

Remember that Høje Taastrup is another station.

So the Øresundstog from the airport to central station and then S-train line B towards Høje Taastrup and get off in Taastrup.

When you get to the pier you just take the S-train and get off at Østerport from where you take bus 25 or 27.

Thanks! There is a wealth of great information in this thread.

I am thinking I could use a single ticket upon arrival on Tuesday (Airport to Hotel - 7 Zone?) and then another single ticket from Hotel to central Copenhagen the next morning - 5 Zone?) and then get a 3-day (72 hour) Copenhagen Card to cover us from Wednesday afternoon through our cruise departure on Saturday. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the prices for the single tickets - I see prices if you have what is called a "Rejsekort" account, but I suspect those prices are not the same if you buy single tickets?

Edited by ReadyToCruise2
typo

Danish Viking,

First of all thank you so much for helping everyone out!!!

We are taking a Baltic cruise this July and will disembark in Copenhagen at 8am. I'm looking for a quick taxi tour that can pick us up from the disembarkment area (Oceankaj) and take us on a quick tour of the city before dropping us off at the CPH airport. Our flight leaves at noon. I'm having difficulty finding any taxi type tours that can do this. Can you help?

Thank you in advance.

Edited by lacruisegal

Thanks! There is a wealth of great information in this thread.

I am thinking I could use a single ticket upon arrival on Tuesday (Airport to Hotel - 7 Zone?) and then another single ticket from Hotel to central Copenhagen the next morning - 5 Zone?) and then get a 3-day (72 hour) Copenhagen Card to cover us from Wednesday afternoon through our cruise departure on Saturday. I'm having a little trouble figuring out the prices for the single tickets - I see prices if you have what is called a "Rejsekort" account, but I suspect those prices are not the same if you buy single tickets?

Rejsekortet is similar to London´s Oyster Card but the main difference is that you can buy a tourist card in London but thats still not possible with Rejsekortet.

A single 5 zone ticket costs 60 kroner and a 7 zone card costs 84 kroner.

But its only 6 zones from the airport to Taastrup and that is 72 kroner.

If you buy a 24 hour transportation card for 130 kroner at the airport you save 2 kroners :D but else you can take bus, metro or harbour bus while you are in Copenhagen before you activate the Copenhagen Card.

And then you don´t have to figure out the zone system.

Danish Viking,

First of all thank you so much for helping everyone out!!!

We are taking a Baltic cruise this July and will disembark in Copenhagen at 8am. I'm looking for a quick taxi tour that can pick us up from the disembarkment area (Oceankaj) and take us on a quick tour of the city before dropping us off at the CPH airport. Our flight leaves at noon. I'm having difficulty finding any taxi type tours that can do this. Can you help?

Thank you in advance.

Try one off these websites

http://www.guides.dk/sys/site-2.html

http://www.dantaxi.dk/Koebenhavn

http://taxi4x27.dk/

taxinord.dk

I am new to this site and apologize if I'm posting in the wrong place. I posted this question in another area and then saw that Danish Viking may be able to answer my question. My husband and I will debark the Zuiderdam on June 22 at the Oceankaj pier and need a taxi to the cph airport for a 6:30am flight. The taxi services I've called said they don't prebook but that taxis would be at the pier. As we would need one around 3:00am, I'm not sure we could depend on that. I'm also wondering if taxis have to park in a designated place at the pier and not be able to drive to where the ship is docked as I would not like to have to walk to another area at 3:00am. How likely would we be able to call for a taxi around 2:30am for the 3:00am pickup? Or would we have a better chance of finding a taxi if we call around 11:30pm for a midnight pickup and just stay at the airport a few hours earlier? I tried to purchase a transfer from Holland America but they won't sell them to anyone having a departure before 7:00am. Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Thank you for your answer. Would we find it difficult to contact a taxi at 2:30am to come to the pier for a 3:00am pickup? Or would we have a better chance by calling around 11:30pm for an earlier pickup and we would just wait longer at the airport?

We are arriving at 9:30 a.m. and only staying until 5 p.m. Is it practical to take the bus (#25?) to central Copenhagen and go on the HOHO bus or canal tour? The canal tour sounds relaxing. Would you recommend it?

Thanks.

Dee Dee

If you take bus 25 you just change to bus 26 towards Ålholm PLads at Østerport and get off at Kongens Nytorv just next to Nyhavn and the canal tour.

But of you end up on bius 27 instead you can either do the same at Østerport or take the metro from Nørreport to Kongens Nytorv.

But else its a nice walk from Nørreport to Nyhavn via Købmagergade and Strøget.

If you take bus 25 you just change to bus 26 towards Ålholm PLads at Østerport and get off at Kongens Nytorv just next to Nyhavn and the canal tour.

But of you end up on bius 27 instead you can either do the same at Østerport or take the metro from Nørreport to Kongens Nytorv.

But else its a nice walk from Nørreport to Nyhavn via Købmagergade and Strøget.

So it looks like the best thing is to get on bus 26 instead of 27 and changing later?

Is your ship docked at Langelinie or Oceankaj.

Because if its Langelinie you just take bus 26 all the way.

Its only bus 25 and 27 that departs from Oceankaj but they both meet up with 26 at Østerport.

25 and 26 meet at the Østerport station stop and 25 and 27 meet at the Østerport st, Sløjfen stop.

Edited by Danish viking

Hi again, DV,

We've been having a lot of problems in the US lately with v-e-r-y long lines going through airport security, and some passengers at certain airports are missing their flights because of the lines. I wonder if you happen to know if there has been an issue like this, with extra long lines going through security, at the Copenhagen airport, too? We'll be flying British Airways from Copenhagen to Heathrow (and beyond) on 04 July and are a little concerned about how early we should be at the airport. Is 2 hours early enough, or is the airport recommending more time?

Thank you for any help you can offer, your Wonderful Copenhagen thread has been an amazing help, last year and this year!

Best wishes!

A while ago CPH posted the statistics on waiting time at the security lines but I can't find it on the mobile website so I will look it up on my computer when I get home.

But generelle most passengers was through in 15 minutes and most the 5-10 minutes range.

When i checked here in the afternoon rush hours the waiting time was 7 minutes.

They are currently expanding the security area and the number of lanes will go from 18 to 24, they will open 2 of them this summer and the last 4 in 2017.

From my understanding the most time consuming thing is check in and bag drop.

2 hours should be plenty for a flight but remember that you have to go through the passport control at pier C when flying to the UK.

So perhaps 20 minutes for check in and bag drop if you haven't checked in on your mobile or at the self service kiosk.

Around 10 minutes in security.

Perhaps another 10 minutes for passport check.

Walking distance is not so bad at CPH perhaps 5-10 minutes between each point.

A while ago CPH posted the statistics on waiting time at the security lines but I can't find it on the mobile website so I will look it up on my computer when I get home.

But generelle most passengers was through in 15 minutes and most the 5-10 minutes range.

When i checked here in the afternoon rush hours the waiting time was 7 minutes.

They are currently expanding the security area and the number of lanes will go from 18 to 24, they will open 2 of them this summer and the last 4 in 2017.

From my understanding the most time consuming thing is check in and bag drop.

2 hours should be plenty for a flight but remember that you have to go through the passport control at pier C when flying to the UK.

So perhaps 20 minutes for check in and bag drop if you haven't checked in on your mobile or at the self service kiosk.

Around 10 minutes in security.

Perhaps another 10 minutes for passport check.

Walking distance is not so bad at CPH perhaps 5-10 minutes between each point.

You're an angel, DV, thank you SO much.

Best wishes!

Hi,

Please tell me how to go to comfort hotel vesterbro from airport ( the easy way because I have my mom and suitecase with me) and how to get to oceankaj from the hotel.

Thanks