DVD player to bring and Shakeology

Going on the Indy later this month and in the middle of the 21 Day Fix program, albeit that week will be a recovery week I do believe. I am supposed to do workout DVDs but not sure I can bring a small DVD player (feel like if I run the 2 days at sea, I should be ok) but wondering if anyone has brought a small one on board before?

Second, the Shakeology is a protein powder mixin that I do in the afternoons. Some people just mix it with ice in a shaker cup, but I'm more used to using my Ninja and smashing the holy crap out of the ice, adding almond milk, coffee, PB2, banana and the powder.

Can I get a small blender on board?

Can I get almond milk?

What if I just ask a bartender to mix it all up like a smoothie at a smoothie bar if i bring all the ingredients?

hope to make healthy choices but trying to decide how reasonable this part of it will be, expecially considering airline travel is also involved.

A DVD player with an HDMI connection should work on any ship that has flat panel TVs in the staterooms (which I believe would mean any ship except Jewel of the Seas, but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong).

I doubt that they'd let you bring a small blender. The prohibited items list includes sharp objects, and I doubt a blender would fall under the "personal grooming items or scissors" exemptions. I also doubt, for food safety reasons, that a bartender would let you put your own ingredients in their blenders.

the other option is to buy a frozen smoothie every day with just coffee and banana and then pour it into my shakeology mug, add my PB2 and Shakeology mix and voila! Hmmm. This could be expensive. Are smoothies on the non alcoholic beverage package?

I think running laps on the 2 at sea days are going to be IT for exercise, just don't tell my challenge group...

[Technical content below may not be suitable for all audiences.]

An alternative to trying to connect a DVD player to the TV onboard is, if you have a tablet, "ripping" the DVD and putting the content onto your tablet.

I load up my iPad with TV shows and movies before trips. I use Handbrake to convert the DVDs to MP4s to load onto the tablet.

For the workouts, if you are Beachbody Club member, you could stream them if you buy wifi on the ship (pricing depends on the ship). If not, take advantage of the on board gym. Or just write down the exercises and time them yourself. For the Shakeology, probably best to bring a shaker cup and just use milk, water, or juice. That's what I did on my last cruise. I wouldn't skip drinking it though. Your body is used to those nutrients. If you skip it, you'll likely end up tired and not enjoy your cruise as much. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask a bartender to mix it. Maybe if you tip them well they will help you out.

Just bring a shaker bottle and buy those individual servings of almond milk they sell(at the grocer) and put them in the fridge. Then mix it together, I hear its not as yummy but it's better than nothing. As for DVD player when I did P90x back in the day I brought our laptop and used the group fitness room.

Edited by liberiben

Not sure on royal but other lines the remote does not have the capability to change inputs

Also not knowingng the type of workout this is but what kind of workout can you do in a cabin

Going on the Indy later this month and in the middle of the 21 Day Fix program, albeit that week will be a recovery week I do believe. I am supposed to do workout DVDs but not sure I can bring a small DVD player (feel like if I run the 2 days at sea, I should be ok) but wondering if anyone has brought a small one on board before?

Second, the Shakeology is a protein powder mixin that I do in the afternoons. Some people just mix it with ice in a shaker cup, but I'm more used to using my Ninja and smashing the holy crap out of the ice, adding almond milk, coffee, PB2, banana and the powder.

Can I get a small blender on board? NO

Can I get almond milk? you can ask special needs but it's probably better to just bring your own.

What if I just ask a bartender to mix it all up like a smoothie at a smoothie bar if i bring all the ingredients? not gonna happen.

hope to make healthy choices but trying to decide how reasonable this part of it will be, expecially considering airline travel is also involved.

it is easy to make healthy choices on board. and no you may not bring a stick blender or anything else like it.

I bring my laptop and do my insanity did all the time. I typically get rooms on deck six so no one under me gets mad. Personally I can live without a blender I just bring my preteen powder and shaker cup. Super simple.

I would not count on streaming as some ships have terrible Internet. Could barely do email on the navigator a couple weeks ago

Here's a couple of thoughts:

If you really can't live without a protein smoothie there is a juice bar on deck 10 called SQUEEZE. They should have something you like.

Personally I would save my money and find healthy meals on the ship. You can get fresh fruit, oatmeal, made to order eggs, egg beaters, and normal portion sizes in the MDR at breakfast

you can do 21 day fix without the DVDs. If you learn the routine you can make a list of each exercise and time. Use the gym yoga area and set your cell phone timer. Also - try the gym equipment, mix it up, take the stairs every time, go on walking shore excursion, go swimming ....... c'mon get out there! That's what vacation are all about.

I think I burn more calories on vacation than when I am at home doing 25 minute videos.

Enjoy your cruise on Indy - its a great ship!!

A DVD player with an HDMI connection should work on any ship that has flat panel TVs in the staterooms (which I believe would mean any ship except Jewel of the Seas, but someone else can correct me if I'm wrong).

I have posted this in other threads, but you will not be able to switch inputs on the tv's as they are in "hotel" mode to prevent people from being able to switch inputs. Reasoning behind this is so people can't bring their own movie's onboard and use the ships equipment to watch them vs buying PPV. Same as most all hotel environments.

I just unplugged the hdmi input and used mine I have HDMI out for my iPad as well as my android phone we watched all kinds of shows and movies on out TA on the Allure with VOOM

If you have the ability to unplug and plug in your own devices in your particular room thats amazing! Rare, but more power to you if that can work!

I have posted this in other threads, but you will not be able to switch inputs on the tv's as they are in "hotel" mode to prevent people from being able to switch inputs. Reasoning behind this is so people can't bring their own movie's onboard and use the ships equipment to watch them vs buying PPV. Same as most all hotel environments.

On Brilliance last fall it worked fine. I didn't need to change inputs from a button, the HDMI input showed up as one of the channels (either the highest or lowest, I forgot which). Also, if you have a newer DVD player that supports HDMI-CEC (sometimes called Anynet+ or Link), pressing play on the DVD player will actually turn on the TV and switch to the HDMI input. Both methods worked for me on my last cruise.

If you have the ability to unplug and plug in your own devices in your particular room thats amazing! Rare, but more power to you if that can work!

Not sure why it is rare the back of the tv is accessible and they don't glue the connectors on, most places I go I can unplug the HDMI cable. My wife and I like certain TV shows and don't have time to watch when we are at home du to work. so on vacation we bring along the Ipad and phone with shows we transferred from our DVR. I have not had an issue unplugging a HDMI cable before?

I was on the Allure maybe Royal does it different on other ships?

[Technical content below may not be suitable for all audiences.]

An alternative to trying to connect a DVD player to the TV onboard is, if you have a tablet, "ripping" the DVD and putting the content onto your tablet.

I load up my iPad with TV shows and movies before trips. I use Handbrake to convert the DVDs to MP4s to load onto the tablet.

Never hear of Handbrake but I'm going to check it out. I would love to puts some movies on iPad for the grands for travel days & cruise days. Thanks for the information!

Never hear of Handbrake but I'm going to check it out. I would love to puts some movies on iPad for the grands for travel days & cruise days. Thanks for the information!

Try checking out a program called Digiber Ripper if ripping from an original DVD to common video formats. The newer versions allow ripping from blu-ray as well. Download it http://www.digiber.com