Help! Hotels in Miami!

MissS17

I am getting married on the Carnival Vista leaving out of Miami on January 8th,2017. We already have about 60 cruisers booked setting sail with us. I need some help with figuring out the best hotel to book the night before. Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably breakfast, and a shuttle for all of our guests. We also have to be at the port by 10 AM! Which is such a hassle. Anyone been in my shoes and have any advice to give? There are just SO many hotels to choose from and don't even know where to start.

Thanks!:)

Lots of tips on the home port board but we like the holiday Inn pom. No shuttle but a 5 min taxi ride to port. You can see the ships from the hotel. And it's right across from Bayside mall which is huge outdoor mall. Our tradition is to eat at Bubba gumps the night before and the kids get henna tattoos.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage.

These are hotels near the port.

Hampton Inn Brickell (includes a very nice breakfast)

Intercontinental

Marriott Marquis

Holiday Inn Bayside

Hyatt

JW Marriott

The ones that I mentioned other then Hampton Inn don't explicitly come with a breakfast but you could book rooms at those special rates where they include breakfast. I am not sure how many rooms you need but if quite a few your other cruisers I would call the hotel and speak with the reservation person in charge of groups and you could obtain a group rate and maybe they would throw in breakfast.

Keith

Hotels is such a personal choice. Cost vs. quality/location.

With 60 people, you are going to overwhelm any hotel's shuttle service. Two options are:

1) Arrange a bus for the group. Also try calling the airport shuttle companies for a group rate.

2) Get a hotel at the Airport, and use Carnival's transfer service.

Maybe if you talk with Carnival, they might be willing to arrange a transfer service from any nearby hotel for a group that large.

I am getting married on the Carnival Vista leaving out of Miami on January 8th,2017. We already have about 60 cruisers booked setting sail with us. I need some help with figuring out the best hotel to book the night before. Anyone have any suggestions? Preferably breakfast, and a shuttle for all of our guests. We also have to be at the port by 10 AM! Which is such a hassle. Anyone been in my shoes and have any advice to give? There are just SO many hotels to choose from and don't even know where to start.

Thanks!:)

I do not have any advice to give regarding the hotel, but wanted to say congrats on your wedding. We are on that sailing as well as the first leg of a B2B. See you onboard!

The Holiday Inn POM has been sold and I wouldn't trust reservations out that far. The Intercontinental is beautiful and convenient to Bayside and the Port but no shuttle from the airport as is the case with all the hotels down that way that I know of.

The HIPOM has been sold but will operate through 2017 as a Holiday Inn.

There is zero chance that it will close before late 2017 if even then. It will take them that long to get the permitting done just for demolition.

That said, OP, call the Hampton Inn and ask for Group Sales and work with someone in the group sales office.

The HI is in a great location, close to port, includes breakfast, and within walking distance to a lot of good dining downtown.

The Group Sales office will handle all of your reservations and will be one less thing you have to deal with.

I do not have any advice to give regarding the hotel, but wanted to say congrats on your wedding. We are on that sailing as well as the first leg of a B2B. See you onboard!

Oh my goodness! Awesome! Sorry in advance for all of my crazy friends and family! LOL

If you choose the Hampton Inn in Brickell you can take the train from MIA to the hotel for $2.25 or $2.50 each. It's a nice hotel and I have stayed there before. It's close to Bayside and you can take the free Metromover there.

You won't be able to see the ships from your hotel, but you're closer than by the airport.

FYI: With that many rooms, you should be working with the hotel's group desk to reserve a block of rooms at a discount.

Also, they might be able to help you with transportation of the group to the port.

DEFINITELY don't attempt to do this on your own. The hotels in Miami will have group sales people to help. Hampton Inn Brickell is a great idea. It's in a wonderful location for your guests to roam on their own. Cabs when they arrive can be done individually. Use a shuttle service for the short ride to the port.

We had to plan for 38 out of towners for our daughter's wedding and it was sooo easy with their staff to arrange. We had transportation to and from the church and reception, brunch the day after and snacks between the service and reception. Really...work with their staff. You'll end up with some free rooms. All your guests should have to do is call and make their reservation. And show up at the hotel.

Great.

Also the Hampton Inn is in walking distance of Mary Brickell Village with lots of restaurants.

Keith

Keith, is the Marriott, Biscayne Bay a nice hotel? Close to the port? I was looking at either the Marriott, Doubletree, or Hilton. Any suggestions? I was looking for a nice hotel, close to the port and close to restaurants. Thanks.

The Holiday Inn POM has been sold and I wouldn't trust reservations out that far. The Intercontinental is beautiful and convenient to Bayside and the Port but no shuttle from the airport as is the case with all the hotels down that way that I know of.

Glad I saw this comment about Holiday Inn POM. Decided to cancel our reservation for our fall cruise this year and book the Intercontinental. We have stayed at the Intercontinental and enjoyed it, great location and beautiful hotel.