Anthem of Seas quick questions

We are on the next sailing of the Anthem of Seas and have a few simple questions:

Am I able to just put a luggage tag on a case of water and drop it of with the rest of the luggage?

Am I able to just put a luggage tag on a case of soda and drop it of with the rest of the luggage?

Are there check-in personnel in the parking garage also?

What time do they usually start letting people actually board the ship?

Is there anything within walking distance when you dock in Port Canaveral?

How difficult is the Puzzle Break Room, do most people make it?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Water packages and soda packages are available for your sailing. You cannot bring your own. Porters will be at the pier. Boarding time is different with every sailing.

On other ships, I've slapped a luggage tag on a case of water & checked it. You can't do this on Anthem?

We are on the next sailing of the Anthem of Seas and have a few simple questions:

Am I able to just put a luggage tag on a case of water and drop it of with the rest of the luggage?

Am I able to just put a luggage tag on a case of soda and drop it of with the rest of the luggage?

Yes for the case of water. We did this back in September out of Southampton on the Anthem. No problem at all, it arrived at the cabin. Also did it on the Adventure.

On other ships, I've slapped a luggage tag on a case of water & checked it. You can't do this on Anthem?

I think you'll find it varies by port. I can't attest to Bayonne but we've also done it other ports.

Am I able to just put a luggage tag on a case of water and drop it of with the rest of the luggage? Yes - normally but can vary from ship to ship

Am I able to just put a luggage tag on a case of soda and drop it of with the rest of the luggage? Yes - normally but can vary from ship to ship

Are there check-in personnel in the parking garage also? I don't believe so- they were only in the terminal when we sailed from there

What time do they usually start letting people actually board the ship? This can vary from sailing to sailing.

Is there anything within walking distance when you dock in Port Canaveral? Sorry can't answer that one as we drove ourselves and then went to the ship

How difficult is the Puzzle Break Room, do most people make it? You usually get about an hour to solve it - it is good fun and we did it in our group quite quickly once we actually started working together. That's my tip - work as a team, do not try to do it as individuals!

Have a great time! :)

I don't do this. Others have reported success. Just be prepared to be told that you have to carry it on yourself. (since it is spring break time, there IS a chance that it will be confiscated)

I wouldn't. There are issues of carbonation and explosion. If you really NEED an entire case, consider using an old-fashioned luggage cart thingie to carry it on with you.

Again, I didn't do this, but I have heard people report that they are there. If not, just toddle on over to the terminal and get checked in.

Depends on when they clear the previous cruise. Normally, 11:30-ish.

No. You must take a shuttle or a cab where you want to go. Or rent a car. I like to do that. The car rental shuttles pick up at the port. (Some people will tell you that you can walk to Jetty Park.)

They REALLY want you to succeed. They will give help, and even extra time, if they think that it will help. Yes, most groups succeed. (my group, of course, was one of the fastest ever ;) )

I was on a November Anthem cruise out of New Jersey. Let me answer a few of these. We put a 12-pack of water in a small duffel bag and checked it with our luggage. Our attitude was if it did not make it to our room, we did not care. It got there.

We found one or two of the agents right where you exited the parking garage, but if they are not there, you will not have to walk much farther to find one.

We were on board before 11AM but it may have been because it was the first Anthem cruise out of NJ.

Enjoy!

Water packages and soda packages are available for your sailing. You cannot bring your own. Porters will be at the pier. Boarding time is different with every sailing.

ummmm YES YOU CAN bring a case of water. I wouldn't though since water is free onboard.

Definitely yes to the case of water. Just did it earlier this month. I use the luggage tag and clear packing tape to make a handle, extra tape around the sides to make it more secure. Hand it to the porter with a generous tip and away it goes to show up in my stateroom later.

In November there were people doing check ins on the sidewalk between the garage and the terminal, in front of the terminal and inside the terminal. Earlier this month, they were all inside the terminal, as it was very cold outside. They did give us the option of going through security first and checking in after that.

We have sailed out of Bayonne. I put luggage tags on a case of water with packing tape and put it with our luggage. It was delivered to our room. Others purchased cases of water in San Juan when we docked there and carried it on. You can purchase a Evian water package if you choose. We are planning on taking a case of water on the Anthem on our 4/8/16 voyage. If for some reason it doesn't work and it is confiscated, we are only out $5.00.

We have sailed out of Bayonne. I put luggage tags on a case of water with packing tape and put it with our luggage. It was delivered to our room. Others purchased cases of water in San Juan when we docked there and carried it on. You can purchase a Evian water package if you choose. We are planning on taking a case of water on the Anthem on our 4/8/16 voyage. If for some reason it doesn't work and it is confiscated, we are only out $5.00.

Hi! Come on over to our April 8 roll call. http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/anthem-of-the-seas-april-8-2016/

What is the Puzzle Break Room ?

We just booked for Jan 2017 just starting to explore what this ship has to offer

I don't do this. Others have reported success. Just be prepared to be told that you have to carry it on yourself. (since it is spring break time, there IS a chance that it will be confiscated)

I wouldn't. There are issues of carbonation and explosion. If you really NEED an entire case, consider using an old-fashioned luggage cart thingie to carry it on with you.

Again, I didn't do this, but I have heard people report that they are there. If not, just toddle on over to the terminal and get checked in.

Depends on when they clear the previous cruise. Normally, 11:30-ish.

No. You must take a shuttle or a cab where you want to go. Or rent a car. I like to do that. The car rental shuttles pick up at the port. (Some people will tell you that you can walk to Jetty Park.)

They REALLY want you to succeed. They will give help, and even extra time, if they think that it will help. Yes, most groups succeed. (my group, of course, was one of the fastest ever ;) )

Lots of people brought cases of water and soda onboard.. no problem at all.

Definitely yes to the case of water. Just did it earlier this month. I use the luggage tag and clear packing tape to make a handle, extra tape around the sides to make it more secure. Hand it to the porter with a generous tip and away it goes to show up in my stateroom later.

In November there were people doing check ins on the sidewalk between the garage and the terminal, in front of the terminal and inside the terminal. Earlier this month, they were all inside the terminal, as it was very cold outside. They did give us the option of going through security first and checking in after that.

You DO realize that the porter outside has nothing to do with delivering things to your cabin? He just puts it on his cart. The ship's crew brings luggage to the cabins.

I think you'll find it varies by port. I can't attest to Bayonne but we've also done it other ports.

I saw a few cases of water with only a luggage tag stuck on them with delivered luggage outside cabins on our March 9th embarkation on Anthem.

That said I would still, and did, put our 12 bottle case of water and a six pack of coke bottles in a closable tote bag with handles which made it easier to carry both to the ship.

Edited by robtulipe