No assignment for guarantee!!

I agree. I've now booked three guarantees and always go in assuming I'm getting the worst. To think you're getting a suite...c'mon.

Inside to a suite? No.

Perhaps inside to an OV...maybe even a balcony.

If RCL bumps you from inside to suite, they make 1 person happy. But, if they bump you to an OV, an OV to a balcony, a balcony to a JS, and a JS to a full suite, then they make 4 people happy.

Makes more sense for a company to make 4 people happy, instead of 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am about 99.99999% he was kidding. It would be joke I would make.

Anyway - Congrats on the balcony. ITA you will not want to go back

Finally got our assignment yesterday - still an inside =(

BUT!

It's forward, not too far from the elevators, and surrounded top, bottom and side to side by staterooms so it should be nice and quiet. I love the up and down movement on the front of the ship and it'll be nice to have a straight ride up to the Windjammer. All in all, it's the king of inside staterooms.

And yes everyone, she was kidding about getting a suite upgrade. :cool:

Edited by Sinusoid

So after checking every day, today I finally got my assignments for our March 20 cruise on the Allure. We reserved an ocean view guarantee and were upgraded to central park with balcony! It could be beginners luck, as it's my first cruise, but I'm very excited!!

Nice upgrade!! I'm super jelly!

BUT!

It's forward, not too far from the elevators, and surrounded top, bottom and side to side by staterooms so it should be nice and quiet. I love the up and down movement on the front of the ship and it'll be nice to have a straight ride up to the Windjammer. All in all, it's the king of inside staterooms.

Oh, of course she was! So glad the uncertainty is over for you and that it's a good spot. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sailing on Navigator in 23 days, superior balcony guarantee, no assignment....same 6 D class cabins are still available since I made (upgraded) the booking weeks ago. The suspense is killing me!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

BUT!

I WAS going to break it to you that the Windjammer is in the back of the shop, but then realized that the Vision class is different. :p

I WAS going to break it to you that the Windjammer is in the back of the shop, but then realized that the Vision class is different. :p

Yep! I'm an Enchantment veteran so I expect the Grandeur will feel like the exact same ship but with scoliosis and no Latin club.

Yep! I'm an Enchantment veteran so I expect the Grandeur will feel like the exact same ship but with scoliosis and no Latin club.

Largely the same feel, though Grandeur doesn't have the "Windjammer Annex" seating area with beverage stations, nor the suspension bridges/arches over the pool deck, which look pretty cool (or could be perceived as an obstruction depending on your perspective). :)

God bless you all who are able to go ahead and book state room guarantees. I couldn't handle it. I'm too much of a planner and want to choose, and know exactly where we're going to be!

Dan

I'm even worse. I always pick my cabin, and then spend way too much time prior to departure checking prices to see if I can improve my category. lol

Well, I suppose that's something to do to help pass the time until your cruise! Have you ever been successful?

Dan

Absolutely! If I don't get a better category, I at least get a price drop. I've already had 2 price drops on my April 2017 cruise in a large panoramic ocean view cabin. :D:D:D

Wacky update: they opened up the rooms at 1 and ours has a bunch of stuff in it and the TV blasting! :0

I guess I am a bit confused. Are you saying that someone is already occupying the room for which you were assigned? Further, your room key worked for that room?

We've had this happen in a land hotel, but never on a cruise. I was glad I was the one who opened the door rather than the one who was surprised

Yikes.

M