Regent Seven Seas Announces Shows for New Ship, Entertainment Upgrade Fleetwide

LauraS

Good news but I wonder why the Navigator refurbs are not being done during the dry dock at the end of March? Maybe it would be too much to handle. But May suggests they will be done during cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

While I won't miss the shows from the Jean Ann Ryan Singers and Dancers which I have seen countless times (including the Cirque show with rough seas. Fun!), I'm really questioning the age group they are trying to appeal to. Definitely 75 years old plus.

Most of the 75-year-old plus cruisers I've sailed with on Regent are quite young at heart and some fairly current in their musical taste. I'm betting they'll be snoozing with me during the Peggy Lee songbook.

Plus, no Broadway showtunes review?

It all sounds horrifying. I actually remember Peggy Lee, and she was great, but...how about something from at least the 70's or perhaps 80's? My mother was a Peggy Lee fan and she's been dead for 25 years!

I agree with you Wendy. My mom also was a Peggy Lee fan and Patsy Cline fan. How about some Adele or the late Amy Winehouse or the late Whitney Huston. Earlier music was great for our parents but not for a growing number of younger cruisers.

Just a guess, but I'm thinking copyright law has some influence on what is performed. Music copyright law has changed significantly over the past several decades with rights now extending for 95 years. However, a lot music from before 1972 has a lesser copyright longevity of 47 years.

If copyright is the issue, I certainly can't blame NCL Entertainment for looking at music that has transitioned to lesser fees or the public domain. It's a smart business decision. Whether or not it's entertaining remains to be seen.

As many have pointed out, NCL entertainment has strong reviews. Can't wait to see it!

If copyright is the issue, I certainly can't blame NCL Entertainment for looking at music that has transitioned to lesser fees or the public domain. It's a smart business decision. Whether or not it's entertaining remains to be seen........

!

NCL along with every other Cruise Line has an ASCAP and/or BMI license for the music it play which satisfies the copy write laws for most music. The annaul fee covers all music whether from the band, piano bar, shows, Beatles night, juke box and even the elevator music.

j

Well, I've seen Burn the floor on Getaway, the only thing that might be worth a watch is the Paradis -- Paradis will be a burlesque blend of Parisian-style songs, dances and costumes. It is directed by veteran Broadway and Off-Broadway choreographer Patricia Wilcox. Ambrose described the show as Moulin Rouge inspired. The show will be heavy on the theatrics, with more than 300 costumes. "It's a singing, dancing extravaganza," Ambrose said. Luckily, we are not going for the entertainment. I think I have heard of Peggy Lee....

Good news but I wonder why the Navigator refurbs are not being done during the dry dock at the end of March? Maybe it would be too much to handle. But May suggests they will be done during cruises.

Really? I was so looking forward to a shiney new cabin too ...

Edited by Suzez