Alaska Infinity Best Cabin Location( aft or Starboard or Port)

Jimbo

Vancouver, British Columbia

Inside Passage (Cruising)

Icy Strait Point, Alaska

Hubbard Glacier (Cruising)

Juneau, Alaska

Ketchikan, Alaska

Inside Passage (Cruising)

Vancouver, British Columbia

Jimbo:)

Certainly personal preference. DW and I like aft cabins for the view. Really no difference for scenery as most of the best views are on deck. Hubbard Glacier great as they let you onto the bow if weather cooperates. Otherwise no difference.

When are you going????

Thinking of May 2017,

Looking at aft, is there better value then CC class on the aft anywhere.

This would be our first Celebrity cruise, so don't know categories at all on this class ship? or any of their other class ships for that matter lol

Pretty much do know though you have to book early for aft cabins.

Have cruised mostly Royal Caribbean. Any discounts on Celebrity for being Diamond Plus on Royal?

One of the benefits of leaving from Vancouver is the inside passage. We took this cruise a few years ago and be assured that port, starboard and aft are all equally good. Unrelated to scenery we always book starboard and the starboard side aft since the smoking areas are on the port side. Have a great trip, it is awesome.

Good info.Actually we are thinking of doing the B2B starting in San Diego.

Would be awesome to have the same cabin for the full 18 days. What deck on the aft is best to be on.Any decks better then the other. I know it's best to have cabins above and below you though.

There are two places where you will be ever so glad you are in an aft cabin...Hubbard Glacier and Icy Straits Point.

The sail into Hubbard Glacier is as enchanting as the very slow turn in the glacial bay. You will appreciate the proximity to your warm cabin. There is also less wind and you can remain on your balcony longer without fighting the crowds on the upper decks. The only place better as you enter the bay is on a treadmill in the gym. You are elevated enough to see over the heads of the passengers freezing outside.

The sail away from Icy Straits is fantastic from an aft position. Cold is not an issue there. As the ship glides through the passage wild life and sea creatures return to the shores and/or follow the wake.

On the Infinity you have aft stairways/elevators so if you choose to join the masses you can easily head up to decks 10 or 12 with a stop in the Lido for a hot chocolate.

Diamond + will only get you Elite on Celebrity but you can do one upgrade within a category. That could get you one of those aft cabins with a little price break. You will have to have your Captain's Club number first but that's easy, just contact the Captain's Club with your Diamond + number and you will be issued the appropriate equivilant to your Crown and Anchor.

For this itinerary the CC cabins are your best viewing option. While we love the Aqua afts on 11 the lower afts have a more direct view. The balconies are deep and have more cover in the event of Alaska's liquid sunshine.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!

Excellent information, so based on your information which deck would you book on the aft 7, 8 or 9? and what does one upgrade within a category mean on Celebrity?

Edited by Jimbo

C1s are excluded, you can upgrade C3 to C2.

You can go A2 to A1, the aft A1s get snapped up early though!

Yes, I just found that out. Pretty disappointed. Right now we have the same C1 on the aft for both legs.

We did get the

$300 OBC

Premium Beverage Pkg for 2

Prepaid Tips for 2

Unlimited Internet for 2

for the second leg

What is included and how does the Premium Beverage PKG work?

We are booking on Infinity in July to Alaska from Vancouver back to Vancouver

We have 2 young children. Will there be plenty of activities for them? Will we see any wild life? Do you recommend excursions or can one do tours privately?

Is this the best ship to see Alaska and wild life ? We have been told Celebrity is a more upmarket line than Royal Caribbean or Princess? Is this the case?

Should our TA offer OBC?

We welcome comments on this . Thank you .

There are two places where you will be ever so glad you are in an aft cabin...Hubbard Glacier and Icy Straits Point.

The sail into Hubbard Glacier is as enchanting as the very slow turn in the glacial bay. You will appreciate the proximity to your warm cabin. There is also less wind and you can remain on your balcony longer without fighting the crowds on the upper decks. The only place better as you enter the bay is on a treadmill in the gym. You are elevated enough to see over the heads of the passengers freezing outside.

The sail away from Icy Straits is fantastic from an aft position. Cold is not an issue there. As the ship glides through the passage wild life and sea creatures return to the shores and/or follow the wake.

We just booked a C1 Aft cabin on Deck 7 for our Alaskan cruise on Infinity next year. So glad we spent the extra $$ for the premium balcony; looks like it was well worth it for this sailing. Thank you for the detailed information!

Did you have to pay to upgrade to get all 4 perks? I am on the exact same cruise in June of 2017 and it only came with one perk, we paid to upgrade to 2 (chose the Classic Drink Package and $300 OBC) but did not pay for all 4 as we don't use internet much and didn't make sense to pay that much just to cover tips. You mention you got the Premium Beverage Package. How did you get that? Are you sure it isn't the Classic? Are you booking direct or is this through a TA who is offering extra perks?

We chose one of the C1 Aft balconies on deck 8, by the way. I can not wait.

Edited by BigB0882

Did you have to pay to upgrade to get all 4 perks? I am on the exact same cruise in June of 2017 and it only came with one perk, we paid to upgrade to 2 (chose the Classic Drink Package and $300 OBC) but did not pay for all 4 as we don't use internet much and didn't make sense to pay that much just to cover tips. You mention you got the Premium Beverage Package. How did you get that? Are you sure it isn't the Classic? Are you booking direct or is this through a TA who is offering extra perks?

We chose one of the C1 Aft balconies on deck 8, by the way. I can not wait.

Yes, we paid to upgrade to get all 4 perks. You can on your sailing also. When you pay for the 4, Premium in the Beverage Package. All those 4 perks were given by Celebrity.

Our Travel Agency we booked through kicked in another $150 of OBC so we are actually getting $450 total.

Prepaid Gratunties and Unlimited Internet will be nice too since this will be the second leg of a B2B for us and give us a chance to touch base back home.

Cost $630(2 persons) for the 4 perks...........but we are getting $450 back for OBC and Tips for the week are close $200 aren't they for 2 people for 7 days.....So it's pretty much a wash.......Drink Package and Internet free!

Edited by Jimbo

We booked the C1 aft, as I said, and I found a TA online who gave us $375 extra in OBC. I would ask for more!

I'm not sure they would give us anymore OBC or not, we are getting free Travel Insurance from them too. I would need a quote most likely from the Travel agency you used to have any chance of them giving out more I would assume. Did you get free travel insurance also?

If you get there early and are on the rail I would assume and can brave the wind/cold.

LOL. :)

Remember, key to Alaska is to layer clothing.

Much of the voyage really won't be cold but in Glacier Bay it can get chilly.

Keith

LOL. :)

Remember, key to Alaska is to layer clothing.

Much of the voyage really won't be cold but in Glacier Bay it can get chilly.

Keith

How chilly in July would you say? I dislike the cold (though live where we definitely have winter) so would like to plan appropriately but not too much! Thanks.

You just don't know and that is why you need to layer.

In port it could be sunny and you might wear shorts or it could be cloudy or cloudy and rainy or a combination. For Glacier Bay if you want to be outside it will feel cold more than likely.[

Since you are from New England it might not feel so cold to you.

Keith

You just don't know and that is why you need to layer.

In port it could be sunny and you might wear shorts or it could be cloudy or cloudy and rainy or a combination. For Glacier Bay if you want to be outside it will feel cold more than likely.[

Since you are from New England it might not feel so cold to you.

Keith

I was planning to bring a scarf and gloves and my travel down vest and travel down jacket. Both of these are very thin but warm. Well, they are warm to about 35 degrees I'd say. Definitely cannot wear out for the day here in the dead of winter. I start to feel cold below 55 degrees, 60 if the wind is blowing......

That should be fine.

In Glacier Bay it depends whether or not the sun is out and whether or not it is rainy and/or windy.

I bring a waterproof North Face Jacket, a fleece, long shirt and scarf and hat and gloves for Glacier Bay. In port as I said in July you could be in shorts or you could be wearing some of the layers (not all of them) that I described.

Keith