Almost Elite

It also may depend on where you live. For us in Wisconsin, any cruise will involve airfare. Despite my earlier comment, I would not take another cruise, even a cheap one, for the primary purpose of jumping up another level. What I might do is a back-to-back with a short cruise so I can effectively double my points. Splurging and getting a suite for that short cruise might not cost that much more, either.

I just wanted to mention to people who say it's not worth paying $300 or so just to move up a level that you aren't just getting the higher level, you get to spend a few days at sea, which is always better than no days at sea.

Personal view only. YMMV. But we just crossed over to elite and I don't see enough advantage to justify taking a cruise just to get the extra points....

We took an "extra" cruise...not just to get to elite plus, but it definitely figured into the decision process. They had a promotion that gave extra points and that put us over the threshold.

We now cruise WITHOUT any "purchased" perks(like big/better/best), just the lower no frills fare.

For us, having unlimited coffee/tea in the cafe and the nightly elite 2 hour happy hour is perfect. We save a lot of money on the cruise fare, still get our daily alcohol fix and can always have coffee/tea...We love it!

We took an "extra" cruise...not just to get to elite plus, but it definitely figured into the decision process. They had a promotion that gave extra points and that put us over the threshold.

We now cruise WITHOUT any "purchased" perks(like big/better/best), just the lower no frills fare.

For us, having unlimited coffee/tea in the cafe and the nightly elite 2 hour happy hour is perfect. We save a lot of money on the cruise fare, still get our daily alcohol fix and can always have coffee/tea...We love it!

Add in the 240 minutes each, of internet, free specialty coffee, and two bags of laundry, per cruise and there is some real value of being Elite Plus.

The extra benefits of Elite over Select are nice, but unless it was a cracking deal I don't think I could be bothered with the time and effort of taking a short cruise to achieve it.

Phil

Totally agree. With the money you spend on a shirt cruise, don't forget the gratuities and the drinks you will buy, you can easily buy the perks you would have gained.

Totally agree. With the money you spend on a shirt cruise, don't forget the gratuities and the drinks you will buy, you can easily buy the perks you would have gained.

Our last cruise had gratuities paid by TA, and our on board bill for the week was $0.00.