Almost Elite

My husband and I currently have 298 Captain's Club points. We are scheduled to sail on the Millennium from Hong Kong to Singapore on the Feb. 11, 2017 sailing. It would be nice to have Elite status for our two week cruise and I was wondering if anyone knew if Celebrity would upgrade our status while we are on the ship or before? I sent them an email several weeks ago, but have not heard back. Did anyone have any success with this?

Unfortunately I've never heard someone moving to another level until the cruise is completed. The cruise prior would have been a good time to book accordingly to a higher level like Aqua vs. Balcony would have given you more points per day to get above 300 points.

My husband and I currently have 298 Captain's Club points. We are scheduled to sail on the Millennium from Hong Kong to Singapore on the Feb. 11, 2017 sailing. It would be nice to have Elite status for our two week cruise and I was wondering if anyone knew if Celebrity would upgrade our status while we are on the ship or before? I sent them an email several weeks ago, but have not heard back. Did anyone have any success with this?
Celebrity does not give you the additional points until the cruise on which you earn them ends.

However, being in Florida you could easily become Elite before then just by taking any short Celebrity cruise from one of the Florida ports.

Celebrity does not give you the additional points until the cruise on which you earn them ends.

However, being in Florida you could easily become Elite before then just by taking any short Celebrity cruise from one of the Florida ports.

This

That would definitely be a good solution if you can squeeze it in before you go! We are in Australia and after our next cruise we will be 15 points off Elite.

Not many short cruises on offer, and the few 3 night samplers are expensive and attract a 'different' crowd.

But it would good to have our next long cruise at Elite status than having earned it 2 days in but unable to use until the NEXT cruise ! [emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were just short points a few years ago so we did a long weekend cruise which was offered between charters. As mentioned previously, it was a "different crowd". Quite a different one. We still had a real good time. I am not sure if many cruisers remembered they were on a cruise.

You will not get the Elite status until you return from your sailing.

Wish you could. Wish we could have, too. When we took our first TA we were ONE point away from Elite!! Just one point. And we were taking a 15 night cruise. I thought it would be "nice" to get elite status during the cruise. I mean, come on, ONE POINT. Nope. You don't get the new status until you have completed the cruise that gets you there. It wasn't feasible for us to do a short cruise beforehand either.

Ironically, we were TWO points shy of elite + on our last cruise. We have it now, but the perks aren't nearly the big deal on elite + particularly with all the perks we now have.

You'll just have to schedule another cruise soon.

You have eleven months -- perhaps you can find a very short cruise -- check out the Xciting deals each Tuesday. Right now there's a five night Connie cruise departing on March 28, with a price of $399 per person for an inside cabin.

Edited by cruisestitch

You are so lucky to live in FL where you can hop on a short cruise at the last minute to get the points to take you to Elite. We are 12 points short of Elite+ and are booked on a B2B transatlantic followed by a cruise in Europe. We'll reach Elite+ after the TA. We're in CA, and I looked very hard for a short, relatively inexpensive, cruise from anywhere on the west coast, but nothing was offered. Considering the benefits for Elite+ aren't that much greater than for Elite, we'll be satisfied with the Elite+ benefits on the second part of the B2B.

Bon voyage.

Many people have asked Celebrity the same question. The answer has always been the same. Points are awarded and credit to your account a week or two after your cruise.

For those that are on B2B's where they would obtain enough points on the first portion to move to to a different set of benefits, Celebrity has accommodated, crediting points upon request, so that second portion has the benefits.

Were only a couple points away from Elite Plus. Have two cruises booked. One this week, one in Europe this summer. We will get Elite Plus after this weeks cruise. As others have said, not that big a difference in benefits Elite plus from Elite.

Elite is where the benefits seem to be worth it to many.

The advice of a short cruise makes sense.

Its the way the program works.

Mirage

You are so lucky to live in FL where you can hop on a short cruise at the last minute to get the points to take you to Elite. We are 12 points short of Elite+ and are booked on a B2B transatlantic followed by a cruise in Europe. We'll reach Elite+ after the TA. We're in CA, and I looked very hard for a short, relatively inexpensive, cruise from anywhere on the west coast, but nothing was offered. Considering the benefits for Elite+ aren't that much greater than for Elite, we'll be satisfied with the Elite+ benefits on the second part of the B2B.

Bon voyage.

Maybe one of you can do a sailing with one of the OP's and get to next level for both couples!

The extra benefits of Elite over Select are nice, but unless it was a cracking deal I don't think I could be bothered with the time and effort of taking a short cruise to achieve it.

Phil

I don't think that there's a whole lot of time or effort required when you live in Florida and can take a 3 day cruise on the Infinity for $269pp. :)

Edited by Fouremco

I don't think that there's a whole lot of time or effort required when you live in Florida and can take a 3 day cruise on the Infinity for $269pp. :)

Oh, if only :(. I'd be off at every opportunity if I lived in Florida :).

Maybe one of you can do a sailing with one of the OP's and get to next level for both couples!

A single usually must pay double the single rate. No cost advantage unless you can get someone to share the cabin.

A single usually must pay double the single rate. No cost advantage unless you can get someone to share the cabin.

No, I meant one person of each couple (the op and the other poster that said they were also just shy on next level) could sail together and qualify all 4 of them for the next elite level.

After you complete qualifying sailings, your membership will automatically advance to the applicable membership level. You will enjoy your new membership benefits on your next sailing on Celebrity Cruises.

After you complete qualifying sailings, your membership will automatically advance to the applicable membership level. You will enjoy your new membership benefits on your next sailing on Celebrity Cruises.

Anyway to buy a C1 for the C2 price on Infinity on a B2B May 2017 from San Diego? Elite/Diamond Plus Member on RCCL.

Jimbo:)

For anyone who questions whether it's worth it to spend $269 to go up a level, don't forget that you're getting a cruise along with it, too!

If you can find another couple in the same situation and one spouse from each couple can go and split the cost, my recommendation is to send the two wives. If I were to go on a cruise without my DW, even for this noble purpose, that would cause a multitude of issues at home, as would sending the husband from one couple with the wife from the other couple;):eek::D:rolleyes:.

Anyway to buy a C1 for the C2 price on Infinity on a B2B May 2017 from San Diego? Elite/Diamond Plus Member on RCCL.

No, that's one they won't let you get. C1's on the M-Class fall into the same category as suites - no upgrades for lower price.

No, that's one they won't let you get. C1's on the M-Class fall into the same category as suites - no upgrades for lower price.

We finally crossover to the other side, put up the surrender flag and I all ready found something they won't let me do. :(

Personal view only. YMMV. But we just crossed over to elite and I don't see enough advantage to justify taking a cruise just to get the extra points. Admittedly the perks that come with it aren't a big deal for us, but still it's hard for me to see how it would be worth it. You save a little money here and there but you have to be a user of those things to get anything out of it (e.g. we bought the unlimited internet pkg and it saved us a few dollars relative to select, but not that many dollars). OTOH if you have the time and inclination to do the extra trip, why not.

Personal view only. YMMV. But we just crossed over to elite and I don't see enough advantage to justify taking a cruise just to get the extra points.

For anyone who questions whether it's worth it to spend $269 to go up a level, don't forget that you're getting a cruise along with it, too!

I agree with PartyAllDaTyme. If I lived in Florida, I'd be quite happy to take a short cruise at that price, points or no points. :)

I agree with PartyAllDaTyme. If I lived in Florida, I'd be quite happy to take a short cruise at that price, points or no points. :)

Perhaps, but based on that logic one could/should take a cruise every week. Unfortunately, and I know what I'm about to say may be heretical to some on this board, there is more to life than cruising, sometimes by necessity but sometimes even by choice.

That said, we now live part time in Florida and I'm typing this sitting in Oceanview on the Infinity, just pulling into Callao/Lima. So take it FWIW.