3/16/16 Have you made it to HMC in the last 2 weeks?

FloridaGram

I am looking at booking a last minute cruise in the next 2 weeks, mostly to go to HMC. Winds have been strong in FL this year so I am suspecting they may have prevented tendering. Thanks for your input!

Edited by FloridaGram

CruiserBuce is entirely correct, what happened for landing in the past will be NO indication for what will happen on your cruise to HMC.

We stopped at HMC on 2-20-16 and 3-10-16 on the Oosterdam. On the 20th we were sharing the island with the Niew Amsterdam and it made it more crowded. There was a little wind but we had no problem in getting to shore. We had to use the Oosterdams tenders since the Niew Amsterdam was using the larger island tenders.

On March the 10th we had a fair amount of wind and I was wondering if we would be landing. However, the captain was able to position the ship with thursters so the port side was sheltered from the wind for tendering to shore. We were the only ship there so we were able to use the larger island tenders. But due to the heavy winds all excursions were canceled because the staff that ran the excursion and lived on other local islands could not get to HMC.

So it will be a toss of the dice as to wheather you will land at HMC or not. But I think the odds will be pretty good for you. We have sailed there 4 times and gotten ashore 4 times. Pretty good odds for us. But I have heard a number of times here on the CC board of those that could not land. Good luck.

Edited by rajkr74